We are the Evil 10%... Ha Ha Ha Ha

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with my Samsung Ativ-S, looks like me and many others here are kind of a large annoyance to all those WP8 Nokias... We know why we use the Ativ-S instead of Lumias.

"Join the dark side of the force...." Use a Samsung Ativ-S... Join the (evil) 10%... ;-)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Of course, choice is good. But so many were surprised that Samsung is up to 10%.... Especially the Nokia Trolls.

That doesn't seem unusual to me. People are like that when it comes to all kinds of different favourite products. For example, you'll see all kinds of debates among truck owners whether Chevy, Dodge or Ford has the best trucks.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've even heard Nokia trolls saying that if you don't buy a Nokia you don't support Windows Phone, personally I don't care WTF they say I like the ATIV S and that won't change because some stupid Nokia troll says different!!!!

I think Samsung should bring the VISA Paywave app that was on certain GS3 devices across as an exclusive to the ATIV S, that would make the ATIV S the only Windows Phone capable of mobile payments in retailers!!!!

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't seem unusual to me. People are like that when it comes to all kinds of different favourite products. For example, you'll see all kinds of debates among truck owners whether Chevy, Dodge or Ford has the best trucks.

But that's the point, if we all liked the same thing, in this case Nokia Windows Phones, the world would be an extremely boring place!!!

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I "settled" for the ATIV S because of the Lumia 920 being exclusive to Rogers. Other than still yearning for Nokia's camera tech and camera apps, I am exceptionally happy with the ATIV. I love the screen size, it's thin, battery life excellent, and no problems at all. If only Samsung's camera played nice with ProShot, I would not be missing Nokia at all.

An example of a sale lost for Nokia due to stupid exclusivity deals, and a very satisfied customer retained for Samsung (long time happy customer of the Samsung SPH-A900 flip phone).

Noti3

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I choosed my ATIV S because it is a very good phone for a really cheap price (but I am from germany, so i had to bought it for 197€) just because i wanted to see, what WP8 can do. I was using Android before and for now, WP8 just feels like heaven. No need to make own versions of some apps just because it don't run like i want it to run. WP8 (and it's native Apps) just do, what i want them to do. I love it. Its really smooth, runs fast.. not even my Tab2 was that fast on CM 10.2, but i think it's hard to compare a phone and a tablet..

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I choosed my ATIV S because it is a very good phone for a really cheap price (but I am from germany, so i had to bought it for 197€) just because i wanted to see, what WP8 can do. I was using Android before and for now, WP8 just feels like heaven. No need to make own versions of some apps just because it don't run like i want it to run. WP8 (and it's native Apps) just do, what i want them to do. I love it. Its really smooth, runs fast.. not even my Tab2 was that fast on CM 10.2, but i think it's hard to compare a phone and a tablet..
Welcome! I like that you like it here!

Enjoy the ride!
(P.S. It would do you well to replace that Tab 2 with a Win8 Tablet.)

Noti3

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I could do that, but then, i couldn't test my Code an a Android device before leaving it to the world. It would be a mess, if my code would brick some others device. ( I have to be honest, that only me and some friends of mine really use my CM10.2 builds at this time, but just saying...).

Therefore, i will keep that Tab until it dies.

Oh.. and on my PC i use W8 (Ok, it is only the second OS, as i prefer to use my Arch Linux more than Windows) because WP8 really has some problems, if you dare to copy files on it while you are running a Linux OS. It will tell you, that your SD is faulty.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Funny. I also have an old Samsung Flip phone... Still works just fine after all these years with the original replaceable battery. I had a Lumia 800, 900 and 920. The 900 was good, but the 800 had a weak battery and the 920 constant freezes.... So I got the Ativ-S, my boss already had it and he was very happy with his. I also have a 8X I use with a prepaid. For a while I had 3, but I sold two. Battery on the 8X is the main issue along with battery drains about once a month. Still... My Ativ S is my favorite email phone. Android spell checking for multiple languages is somewhere in the dark ages and we have better games on WP8. My primary phone is however a HTC One which has extremely good reception, just like the OneX+I had before that. I must also say that I prefer Super Amoled to LCD with WP8... Black is black... Great for txt and games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans