No GDR2 Club

NikosNx

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Well.. not with Samsung i gues. It's the same with their android phones, so i think there is nothing to do about that.

I believe It's not like that, as Windows Phone is mostly a fixed OS. It's not an android where for example Samsung must prepare the new touchwiz UI. Nokia does some more work but again it cannot be compared.
As for minor updates, it's known that there are many issues that should be fixed on an android device before it's out because android is a mess. Windows Phone is better at this.

Noti3

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I believe It's not like that, as Windows Phone is mostly a fixed OS. It's not an android where for example Samsung must prepare the new touchwiz UI.

Yes and therefore i thought that Samsung should be able to deliver WP8 updates faster. But no, thay also take as long as if they had to do their own UI on Android and stuff.

benjaminsen

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Telenor Norway, unlocked and unbranded:
nothing - nichts - nada - 무 - ingenting - 沒什麼 - rien - niente - 何も - ничего - ei mit??n - τίποτα - कुछ नहीं - nic - hakuna kitu - hi?bir şey - kh?ng
So much fuss for so little? I don?t know...

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to join this club, but I'm forced to join, and it seems I'll still have to be in for quite some while.......

RogerWCPT

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm in South Africa. I reset my phone this evening (i read somewhere that doing this might make the update available). So after re-installing the factory software and doing an update check, still nothing available. Hopefully they haven't forgotten about us down here :)

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, nothing also in Peru (LAT)

Unlocked/Unbranded I8750
OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware: 2116.12.11.3
Claro Peru, PE

paravion

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Dear Club Members,

I will be leaving the club soon to join the iPhone 5S. I've enjoyed my time in the No GDR2 Gentleman's Club very much (thanks for the chips and soda). But, it's time to move on. My hope is that one day soon, you'll be able to turn on your Ativ S, make your way to Settings, and see that a wonderful New update is patiently wating for you to install. Keep hope alive.

I look forward to coming back in a few months to see the Club expand when new 'No GDR3' members join the remaining 'No GDR2' members.

~Par Avion

My Histoical Smartphone Record:

iPhone
iPhone 3GS
Galaxy S
Focus
iPhone 4
Galaxy S II
Focus S
iPhone 5
Lumia 920
Nexus 4
Ativ S
iPhone 5S (next)

Last edited:

Leif Perjus

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought AtivS should be a nice phone to me and yes it is. But if You live in Scandinavia You'll have a better service and much faster upgrade if You buy a Nokia. I'm coming from HTC OneX with Android.
I'm asked Samsung support of GDR2, but they only tell me to ask Microsoft (Windows) when i get GDR2 !!!!!

So if You want a WindowsMobile with support buy a Nokia, I consider to go back to Android......

gnikola7

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Be patient. Here in Greece with unbranded phone came last week.
Now the version is 8.0.10327.77
Any way there is not anything special in the new version.
By the way, my phone has many issues and i m very disapointed. I own it for two months and have sent it twice to service.
I m thinking of buying an other phone (not samsung) of course:angry:. Any idea?

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Not for me, works perfectly post GDR2

I am also seeing the post GDR2 multiple boot thing. Good thing I don't boot much. One of my colleagues in the Czech Republic had the 875 variant on O2. He did get GDR2, but also had to do the factory reset to get DataSense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05