Samsung ativ s - change csc

Bryan w

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
not sure what to say; this worked for me across multiple CSC changes and resets. You sure something else isn't going wrong for you?

haha i'm wandering the same. everything was working fine. I changed the bands to try to get a better signal in my area which was gsm 850 but shortly after I'm unable to connect to network. just picked up a new sim today and still can't connect. complete bummer.

Bryan w

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
not sure what to say; this worked for me across multiple CSC changes and resets. You sure something else isn't going wrong for you?

I was able to get my phone working after going into the Diag tool and choosing to rebuilding nv and rebooting and everything was working. didnt have to set any APN's which I had to do before. hoping this is a long term fix. thanks for everyone's input.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
This actually worked and perfect!

unlocked rogers on bell mobility
- hated the Rogers splash logo on start up (minor lol)
- tons of rogers apps and bloat (all removable mind you so minor)
- everything worked flawless except "internet sharing" which drove me foolish and tried everything.

Diagnostic tool ##634#
then used *#321647335

then showed
TLS - Telus
RWC - Rogers
BMC - Bell
BWA - SaskTel
FMC - Fido

mine was RWC - Rogers so I switched it to BMC - Bell

phone rebooted and factory reset and when it finished and loaded up no Rogers splash screen, had Bell apps/bloat, Bell sites save in the browsers favorites and WiFi/internet sharing work first shot! displays H+ instead of 4G when I lose LTE (rogers and bell display it different) even under settings/about it now shows "Bell Mobility Inc" as the carrier.

with that being said... Noticed those are all Canadian providers (TLS, RWC, BMC, BWA, FMC) so anyone who owns an unlocked Rogers device they should do this and convert over to Bell BECAUSE Rogers blocks wifi sharing/internet sharing/hotspot and charges an addition $5 fee for WiFi sharing to work. I know that because I worked for RIM overseeing a rogers blackberry tech support center. an added apn besides the wapuser and internet.com apn is required in Rogers network program Vision 21 (Bell doesn't have this fee)

Windows_Phone_Joe

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I got my Ativ S T899m from Telus working on T-Mobile with Internet sharing:
Set cellular to LTE then Network Selection to Automatic. Make sure you download the Samsung "apn" app. (Not the "APN" for Verizon. After it's installed, go to settings and look for apn. Once there, uncheck Automatic APN and select your Active APN to the Phones Carrier. After that, under Edit APN, you should have all the services available. You should have one for data, one for MMS and one for Tethering. Edit the APN's with your carrier apn's and rename them accordingly. Exit and turn on Internet Sharing. Restart your phone, and check "apn" again. This time it should show your own carrier. Try turning on your internet sharing again just to test. Good luck!

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Holy f'ing ****e, you are a genius Joe! I can't believe this works after all the other crazy crap I've tried which didn't work. PM me as I for sure owe you some token of gratitude!

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
For me this enabled the magic combination of LTE (I could not get Internet Sharing to work with any CSC profile which also supported LTE), Internet Sharing, and MMS.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a Telus T899M. I'm on T-Mobile. As soon as I got it I put GDR3 on it. The phone, internet, SMS and mms all work Great. The only thing is it never says LTE. I get 4G, 3G and H+. I got the syspusher app which has all of Samsungs apps. For some reason the diagnosis app shows not available for your phone. I've change the region and still can't get it. Does anyone know how to get it so I can get LTE working?

Christian Minassian

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just tried this on my german unbranded & factory unlocked i8750.
These are my available profiles. I'm not touching anything since I've been getting my updates on time (already on GDR2 for a long time & no issues) and all features working, wifi sharing, data sense, etc.
ATO
BTU
DBT ->Current CSC
ITV
XEF
XEO

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I got my Ativ S T899m from Telus working on T-Mobile with Internet sharing:
Set cellular to LTE then Network Selection to Automatic. Make sure you download the Samsung "apn" app. (Not the "APN" for Verizon. After it's installed, go to settings and look for apn. Once there, uncheck Automatic APN and select your Active APN to the Phones Carrier. After that, under Edit APN, you should have all the services available. You should have one for data, one for MMS and one for Tethering. Edit the APN's with your carrier apn's and rename them accordingly. Exit and turn on Internet Sharing. Restart your phone, and check "apn" again. This time it should show your own carrier. Try turning on your internet sharing again just to test. Good luck!

Hey W_P_J_

I have the same exact phone. TELUS T899M on Tmo. Everything worked great but it never had a option for LTE. MMS/Internet sharing worked great.
Did your phone from TELUS have a LTE option under cellular settings? If not what osc did you use to get LTE and Internet sharing working?

Thanks

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a Telus T899M. I'm on T-Mobile. As soon as I got it I put GDR3 on it. The phone, internet, SMS and mms all work Great. The only thing is it never says LTE. I get 4G, 3G and H+. I got the syspusher app which has all of Samsungs apps. For some reason the diagnosis app shows not available for your phone. I've change the region and still can't get it. Does anyone know how to get it so I can get LTE working?
actually you are getting LTE... Telus labels LTE as 4G (3G, H+ then 4G)

different providers decided to screw with things using the same symbols but use them for different network speeds

example: Rogers displays "4G" but the same when I switched the csc to Bell the same setting is labeled as "H+" not 4G

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
actually you are getting LTE... Telus labels LTE as 4G (3G, H+ then 4G)

different providers decided to screw with things using the same symbols but use them for different network speeds

example: Rogers displays "4G" but the same when I switched the csc to Bell the same setting is labeled as "H+" not 4G

I think you're right. With TELUS under cellular settings there was
2G
3G
4G
With Bell
GSM
HSPA
LTE

Windows_Phone_Joe

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, My phone shows LTE and 4G. I have the option to select LTE from the Highest connection Speed field under the cellular section in settings. Network selection is set to Automatic, and then make the necessary changes under the apn (lower case is the correct one to download from the Windows phone store, not the Capitalized one for Verizon). I made no change to csc.

uvogin

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just tried this on my german unbranded & factory unlocked i8750.
These are my available profiles. I'm not touching anything since I've been getting my updates on time (already on GDR2 for a long time & no issues) and all features working, wifi sharing, data sense, etc.
ATO
BTU
DBT ->Current CSC
ITV
XEF
XEO

I changed mine to ATO to get GDR3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members