Samsung ativ s - change csc

spileggi

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I need help... I purchase a phone Samsung t899m from my friend. He had AT&T, I have T-Mobile. Before I purchase we took his SIM out and I put my SIM card and everything worked great. He did a factory reset and gave me the phone. Now the phone will not work. I put my SIM card in and a small circle with a line through it were the signal would be. I have tried everything. I consider myself tech wavy. I just have no idea what to do next. If I put the SIM in my old phone and it works fine. This thread seems to have a good group and was hoping someone could help. Thanks

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I need help... I purchase a phone Samsung t899m from my friend. He had AT&T, I have T-Mobile. Before I purchase we took his SIM out and I put my SIM card and everything worked great. He did a factory reset and gave me the phone. Now the phone will not work. I put my SIM card in and a small circle with a line through it were the signal would be. I have tried everything. I consider myself tech wavy. I just have no idea what to do next. If I put the SIM in my old phone and it works fine. This thread seems to have a good group and was hoping someone could help. Thanks

Try putting your friends sim card in and see what happens. Can you set up the phone and log in with your MS account?

dredd2099

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
there is no wind csc for the ativ s btw
other phones, yes. can we use other phones csc? probably. just not willing to test it out, heh

cedogares

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This actually worked and perfect!

unlocked rogers on bell mobility
- hated the Rogers splash logo on start up (minor lol)
- tons of rogers apps and bloat (all removable mind you so minor)
- everything worked flawless except "internet sharing" which drove me foolish and tried everything.

Diagnostic tool ##634#
then used *#321647335

then showed
TLS - Telus
RWC - Rogers
BMC - Bell
BWA - SaskTel
FMC - Fido

mine was RWC - Rogers so I switched it to BMC - Bell

phone rebooted and factory reset and when it finished and loaded up no Rogers splash screen, had Bell apps/bloat, Bell sites save in the browsers favorites and WiFi/internet sharing work first shot! displays H+ instead of 4G when I lose LTE (rogers and bell display it different) even under settings/about it now shows "Bell Mobility Inc" as the carrier.

with that being said... Noticed those are all Canadian providers (TLS, RWC, BMC, BWA, FMC) so anyone who owns an unlocked Rogers device they should do this and convert over to Bell BECAUSE Rogers blocks wifi sharing/internet sharing/hotspot and charges an addition $5 fee for WiFi sharing to work. I know that because I worked for RIM overseeing a rogers blackberry tech support center. an added apn besides the wapuser and internet.com apn is required in Rogers network program Vision 21 (Bell doesn't have this fee)

dynamicdev

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I am also on Rogers network but unlocked. I am also fed up with Rogers splash screen. I would like to follow your instructions but have few questions:
1. If I change it from RWC to BMC, will it ask for unlock code after restart (as it asked when i did hard factory reset)
2. Will I able to clean Bell's app/bloat?
3. AFAIK, CSC is country specific, am I changing CSC or something else?

paul606

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!
I wanted to test my Diagnostics Tool (just curios) and after entering ##634#, I saw "Odyssey _121205" on the screen, in red. Whats that all about? I have a T899M model, bought from ebay.de (Germany) and apparently, God knows how, its from Canada (Bell), unlocked. oh, and I live in Romania.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Device: Samsung ATIV S i8750
----------------------------------------------------
Code: ##634# - Installing Diagnosis automatically and get you in right away (Odyssey_121205 is Diagnosis)
Code (in Diagnosis numpad): *#321647335 or *#78*598031 opens CSC Converter
After choosing a different CSC, the phone will require a Hard Reset. Backup everything you need to backup before doing this, cuz it will make your phone to Factory Reset, in other words will wipe out everything you saved on your phone
It is pretty much easy, but if you are still wondering "Should I do it?", then my advice is Don't Do It?. Reasearch and read before you do anything on your phone. :)

Last edited:

akoj

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Device: Samsung ATIV S i8750
----------------------------------------------------
Code: ##634# - Installing Diagnosis automatically and get you in right away (Odyssey_121205 is Diagnosis)
Code (in Diagnosis numpad): *#321647335 or *#78*598031 opens CSC Converter
After choosing a different CSC, the phone will require a Hard Reset. Backup everything you need to backup before doing this, cuz it will make your phone to Factory Reset, in other words will wipe out everything you saved on your phone
It is pretty much easy, but if you are still wondering "Should I do it?", then my advice is Don't Do It?. Reasearch and read before you do anything on your phone. :)

You didn't get me. I can't change my CSC. After I select other CSC, the phone doesn't ask for reset.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You didn't get me. I can't change my CSC. After I select other CSC, the phone doesn't ask for reset.
I was not referring to you, i was just writing codes and what it does. since your phone doesn't ask for hard reset after changing then hard reset yourself, see if the CSC has changed. Anyway here is what you can do:
Method 1 - If when you change the CSC and phone doesn't prompt you for hard reset, get out of the Diagnosis (back, back back...), soft reset your phone and get in Diagnosis again, and try again, if it worked and ask you for hard reset, you are good to go.
Method 2 - If Method 1 didn't work, manually hard reset your phone, then try to change your CSC previously using codes i mention in the post above for installing Diagnosis and entering the CSC Converter. It should work in my opinion, but if that doesn't work, something is wrong with your phone.
This work on ATIV S with WP8, haven't test it with ATIV S with WP8.1 DP, since i am not installing that before it rolls out in Official version.

akoj

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I've tried manual hard reset and it didn't work.

I have used method #3 - reinstall Diagnosis (after HR it was reinstalled). The phone did't ask for hard reset as usually, but I did a soft reset and it worked.
Funny thing, at my local repair service installing DP doesn't void warranty but changing CSC does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb