Samsung ativ s - change csc

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing, at my local repair service installing DP doesn't void warranty but changing CSC does.

So installing a beta OS is approved but changing the CSC which loads carrier specific settings that are already loaded but not activated voids the warranty? Sounds like the shop does not know what they are talking about.
Is the shop assuming that you are flashing the device?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So installing a beta OS is approved but changing the CSC which loads carrier specific settings that are already loaded but not activated voids the warranty? Sounds like the shop does not know what they are talking about.
Is the shop assuming that you are flashing the device?
Changing CSC, does NOT void your warranty, cuz you can always change it back to your carrier's CSC. Any service shop (or Carrier tech service) who will say to you that by changing your CSC you voided your warranty is doing that cuz of 2 things:
1. Doesn't know what they're doing.
2. Doesn't want to repair your phone.
By flashing a new ROM over OTA, also is not considered as voiding your warranty cuz that's the OFFICIAL way, but if you side-flash a new ROM, that will void your warranty cuz those are considered custom ROMs, which in this case to be able to do that, you will have to have your phone "jailbreaked" or in other words, has to be interop-unlock, which WILL void your warranty.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I've tried manual hard reset and it didn't work.

I have used method #3 - reinstall Diagnosis (after HR it was reinstalled). The phone did't ask for hard reset as usually, but I did a soft reset and it worked.
Funny thing, at my local repair service installing DP doesn't void warranty but changing CSC does.

Well, you pretty much merge 2 of the methods i gave you and you made a Method 3, which is great, you are actually thinking and acting, not just asking questions around. Well done my friend, glad you solve your problem :)

akoj

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!:wink: Sometimes the simplest method is the right method.

More details on warranty:
- the offical repair service says - "Instaling DP is perfectly okay because it was released Microsoft. This will not impact your warranty."
- also - "We cannot accept phone with altered CSC. You must change it back to original, and then we will repair it."

So, it doesn't void warranty if your'e able to change to CSC to original.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!:wink: Sometimes the simplest method is the right method.

More details on warranty:
- the offical repair service says - "Instaling DP is perfectly okay because it was released Microsoft. This will not impact your warranty."
- also - "We cannot accept phone with altered CSC. You must change it back to original, and then we will repair it."

So, it doesn't void warranty if your'e able to change to CSC to original.

YES, true, thats why i explain that in my post above if you read it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss