After struggling to figure out the propper settings to nail down the issue I did a HARD reset of my phone and decided to do this once and for all. These are the proper settings for the ATIV S in order to get LTE internet and MMS service.

The Samsung APN App needs to be downloaded, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE ONE FOR CDMA/VERIZON! Change the T-Mobile setting from epc.tmobile.com to fast.t-mobile.com and change IPv4 & IPv6 to just IPv4

Insert the MMS APN settings inside the Text Messenger App Settings as discribbed below.

In order to make this work I needed to hard reset my phone. However you may not have to.

Internet APN Settings
    APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    IP Type: IPv4
    (all other fields were left blank)

MMS APN Settings
    APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    WAP gateway URL: http://216.155.165.50
    WAP gateway port: 8080
    MMSC (url): http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMSC port: 80
    Maximum MMS size: 1048
    IP type: IPv4
    (all other fields left blank)

Settings taken from this forum post.Thank you to those who figured it out!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...onnection.html
    10-01-2013 06:57 PM
    I'm glad you got everything working. This should be helpful to other people who are using this device on T-Mobile.
    10-02-2013 12:38 AM
    I wonder if this will work for the 822 ...!
    01-24-2014 02:06 PM
    These settings are for the ATIV S specifically (notice how the OP mentioned APN software), but they are for Windows Phone 8. Give it a try.
    01-25-2014 08:12 AM
    These settings are for the ATIV S specifically (notice how the OP mentioned APN software), but they are for Windows Phone 8. Give it a try.
    I know that but its worth a shot anyways ;)
    01-25-2014 10:51 AM
    yes. To use the settings on a Nokia phone you would need the Nokia app to input the apn #s. Not sure what it is called. OP is using the app from Samsung Zone specifically for the ativ s
    01-25-2014 10:54 AM
    I wonder if this will work for the 822 ...!
    The 822 doesnt support LTE on GSM, only CDMA, hence the best one can get is HSPA+ with the same APN
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-25-2014 10:59 AM
    The same APN works for an ATT unlocked Lumia 900 on T-Mobile so its not only for WP8 devices
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-25-2014 11:00 AM
    The 822 doesnt support LTE on GSM, only CDMA, hence the best one can get is HSPA+ with the same APN
    i know that ... i don't care for lte :P but what i want is to send sms on 3g
    01-25-2014 01:01 PM
    Worked like a charm! Thanks mate!
    02-03-2014 03:21 AM
    Hello, I'm using Canadian version of Ativ S (SGH-T899M) from Telus, and so far i was using this phone on US T-Mobile, i was even able to use Internet Sharing . Now after Update to 8.1 Internet Sharing dosn't work. Samsung App "apn" (not "APN")don't see any actic APNs.
    04-15-2014 05:55 PM
    Hello, I'm using Canadian version of Ativ S (SGH-T899M) from Telus, and so far i was using this phone on US T-Mobile, i was even able to use Internet Sharing . Now after Update to 8.1 Internet Sharing dosn't work. Samsung App "apn" (not "APN")don't see any actic APNs.
    You need to use the Mobile+SIM settings as the Samsung APN app needs an update for WP8.1 to add the APNs into the list.
    04-17-2014 11:33 AM
    Those Settings are ther, and Internet and MMS works, but Internet sharing dose not. Problem was before even witch 8.0 but it coud be fixed by instaling "apn" aplication. Phone had preinstaled Canadian Telus settings. You just have to set manualy operator to Telus and apn app autoamicly coud setup those APN settings. After that you just have to go to "Edit apn" and edit them to T-Mobile settings. And everything works even Internet Scharing.
    04-17-2014 08:50 PM
    Those Settings are ther, and Internet and MMS works, but Internet sharing dose not. Problem was before even witch 8.0 but it coud be fixed by instaling "apn" aplication. Phone had preinstaled Canadian Telus settings. You just have to set manualy operator to Telus and apn app autoamicly coud setup those APN settings. After that you just have to go to "Edit apn" and edit them to T-Mobile settings. And everything works even Internet Scharing.
    The problem is that the app is preinstalled and at the latest version, nothing shows up in the Samsung APN settings.
    04-18-2014 05:41 PM
    Dose anyone have older version of this app in xap file?
    04-20-2014 08:52 AM