[ROM] Custom ROM for Samsung ATIV S

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The first Custom ROM for the ATIV S (possibly even Windows Phone 8, if you don't count huawei) has been released.

List of features:

• Unlock / Interop Unlock / Relock prevent
  • Volume limit disabled
  • No prepinned tiles of Samsung apps
  • Some of Samsung apps removed
  • Full access to APNs and Internet Sharing
  • Two search providers: Yandex and Google. Both can launch its app from search key (if app is installed). Here're those apps: Yandex, Google.

This ROM is still unstable so flash at your own risk!

Credits to -W_O_L_F- for cooking this ROM!

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Quick note: This isn't actually a ROM, you are actually flashing a compiled config file of modifications. Only issue is the need to hard reset

yengec

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I uploaded a file to CSC. After hard reset was. Very good, thank you WOLF. So, Is it possible to edit mbn file?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I would just like to flash Bells OS on my device... unlocked rogers device and hate the rogers splash and cant get wifi sharing working

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Search for Samsung Diagnosis app. Then search for csc code to enter in the app. You will then be able to choose from all the available csc codes that are already available on the handset.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Search for Samsung Diagnosis app. Then search for csc code to enter in the app. You will then be able to choose from all the available csc codes that are already available on the handset.
This actually worked and perfect!

unlocked rogers on bell mobility
- hated the Rogers splash logo on start up (minor lol)
- tons of rogers apps and bloat (all removable mind you so minor)
- everything worked flawless except "internet sharing" which drove me foolish and tried everything.

Diagnostic tool ##634#
then used *#321647335

then showed
TLS - Telus
RWC - Rogers
BMC - Bell
BWA - SaskTel
FMC - Fido

mine was RWC - Rogers so I switched it to BMC - Bell

phone rebooted and factory reset and when it finished and loaded up no Rogers splash screen, had Bell apps/bloat, Bell sites save in the browsers favorites and WiFi/internet sharing work first shot! displays H+ instead of 4G when I lose LTE (rogers and bell display it different) even under settings/about it now shows "Bell Mobility Inc" as the carrier.

with that being said... Noticed those are all Canadian providers (TLS, RWC, BMC, BWA, FMC) so anyone who owns an unlocked Rogers device they should do this and convert over to Bell BECAUSE Rogers blocks wifi sharing/internet sharing/hotspot and charges an addition $5 fee for WiFi sharing to work. I know that because I worked for RIM overseeing a rogers blackberry tech support center. an added apn besides the wapuser and internet.com apn is required in Rogers network program Vision 21 (Bell doesn't have this fee)

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
This actually worked and perfect!
That's good to hear.

then showed
TLS - Telus
RWC - Rogers
BMC - Bell
BWA - SaskTel
FMC - Fido

You have a few less CSC to choose from than me. Mine must be a international version as my list CSC is as below

AUT
BSE
COA
EPL
ETL
EUR
HTS
HUI
ILO
MBM
MTL
NEE
NZC
O2C
O2I
O2U
ONE
OPS
OPT
ORX
PCL
PHN
PRO
PRT
PTR
SEB
SER
SIO
SWC
TEN
TIM
TMN
TNZ
TPH
VNZ
VVT
XEH
XFA
XFV
XSA

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine is the t899 model and appears to only have the Canadian GSM providers. Beyond happy about this for sure. Internet sharing was the only reason I held on to my 8X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12