Cloud free backups

Vieux Richard

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Have started using some of the installed apps e.g. Mini Diary & third party ones; Super Calendar.
Being a traditionalist, some might say dinosaur, I have no faith in storing personal data anywhere other than locally under my control.
My concerns seem justified as I have just had my Outlook.com Inbox "tidied up" by some stupid email sent from the "Outlook Team". I have never asked them to remove my emails & they have never asked my permission.
To me this is a retrograde step, so my question is how to back up my WP8 data & apps either locally using Windows Explorer or on a SD card.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You cannot without some massive hack that doesn't exist yet and that email sounds like spam disguised as being from Outlook team

Vieux Richard

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. You have confirmed my worst fears, going to have to rethink my WP8 usage.
Does anyone have experience of Companionlink under WP8?

jessenic

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
You can backup app data on interop unlocked ATIV S. Just deploy WPH Tweaks or SamWP8 tools and enable USB full filesystem access. Then you should see all internal phone folders and backup the app data folders too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon