01-16-2014 03:07 AM
46 12
tools
    Everything is working now! And I didnt need to flash and reinstal anything: http://forums.windowscentral.com/sam...*-samsung.html
    10-21-2013 07:04 AM
    @jessenic im on developer preview 8.1 its free you need to be registered as a developer through developer center
    10-21-2013 11:13 AM
    @jessenic im on developer preview 8.1 its free you need to be registered as a developer through developer center
    No, no you're not...you're on 8.0 GDR3. You proved that with the version numbers you posted...you know...the 'os 8.0.10512.142' in your version...meaning 8.0!

To get to GDR3, again, 8.0, you downloaded the developer preview like the rest of us did.
    10-21-2013 01:16 PM
    why can't this be done with nokia phones? the sort of jail breaking thing and yes i know its not jail break but how come you can change things on this samsung than the other nokia windows phones?
    10-21-2013 02:38 PM
    Right okay grand thanks im trying this reg edit but my daft dell wont install either sdk 8.0 because im windows 7 or sdk 7.1.1/7.8 for developer unlock to get interop unlock for 3rd row of tiles also helper app xap from xda doesn't have any xap's in download :( been round in circles for an hour helllpppp
    10-21-2013 02:38 PM
    why can't this be done with nokia phones? the sort of jail breaking thing and yes i know its not jail break but how come you can change things on this samsung than the other nokia windows phones?
    because you use the Samsung diagnostics app to get to the 'registry' to edit it where as Nokia have a different diagnostics method i presume
    kingenu likes this.
    10-21-2013 02:39 PM
    cant install the XAP file for interop unlock. Do I need a Developer account for this or is there another way for doing this?
    10-21-2013 02:56 PM
    You need to be developer unlocked first which means generally you need to have registered/unlocked your phone through the sdk (software development kit) as a developer which yes you need to register for but the sdk and register links are all on dev.windowsphone.com/uk just google the site
    10-21-2013 03:08 PM
    after i'm developer unlocked, what do i need to do to get interop-unlocked?

and if i do a hard reset would i lose my developer unlock status?
    10-21-2013 04:40 PM
    After your delepoer unlocked you use the application deployment tool in your sdk to deploy the helper app which is on xda developers to your phone (even though when i downloaded the file and unzipped it there wasn't an xap in it...) fire phone up and helper app and use toast notification to get you to directory/registry and copy and paste(by holding back button to switch apps) into registry and write it and done unlocked
    10-22-2013 01:38 AM
    What is is that i really need to interop unlock and apply the tweak?
    Windows 8? SDK? Unlocked dev account? Samsung diagnostic app? Xap files? Tweak tool?
    A simple step by step guide would be much appreciated!
    10-22-2013 05:25 AM
    After your delepoer unlocked you use the application deployment tool in your sdk to deploy the helper app which is on xda developers to your phone (even though when i downloaded the file and unzipped it there wasn't an xap in it...) fire phone up and helper app and use toast notification to get you to directory/registry and copy and paste(by holding back button to switch apps) into registry and write it and done unlocked
    You unzipped the xap itself. IE has a bug that makes it think XAPs are zips instead. Just rename the zip to xap.
    Exotic Hadron likes this.
    10-22-2013 08:59 AM
    I am getting Error - Installation of the application failed. Run time error has occurred. Fix the Capabilities in WMAppManifest.xml file. What could be the issue? Samsung ATIV S interop unlocked.

windows-phone-error-sideloading-app.png

Solved.

Requires additional capabilities from the <Capabilities> element of the WMAppManifest.xml and thus requires Bootstrap Samsung and Enable all sideloading.
    Last edited by Exotic Hadron; 10-24-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    10-24-2013 10:19 AM
    Folks, what option stands for this registry hack? Is it Large screen mode (GDR3), Big screen for start screen (GDR3) or what? I suppose, its the last one, correct?

Also, I've set Volume control to be 0 to 50, but after restart the highest value is still 30 although, when opened, WPH shows 0-50. Why is that?
    Last edited by Exotic Hadron; 10-24-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    10-24-2013 10:42 AM
    Aren't the tiles too small this way?

What's you opinion?
    10-25-2013 10:33 AM
    Hi Dude

I have made the registry change using the toast but am not getting the 3 tiles.Is there something else i need to do to view 3 columns.?
    10-25-2013 01:39 PM
    Hi WP8Expert,

I want to enable 3 column for my ATIV S I8750. Here is what I have done:
    1. Change my CSC to ATO so that I can upgrade to GDR3.
    2. Installed "Interop_Unlock_Helper_Debug_ARM.xap", then "BootstrapSamsung_Release_ARM.xap" and finally "EnableAllSideloading_Release_ARM.xap".
    3. Also installed "SamWP8_Tools_Debug_ARM.xap" and "wphTweaksWP8.xap".
    4. Ran all above apps as per guidelines [XAP][GUIDE] Interop Unlock for WP8 + all Capabilities - xda-developers.
    5. Tried to update registry key "software\microsoft\oem\startscreen" => screensize to 1.
    6. It did not work and it says no registry key.
    7. So I upgraded to GDR3.

Now none of above application is working and I am not able to get 3 tile start screen. Please suggest what to do in this case.
    01-11-2014 10:20 PM
    ]Hi, I have a samsung Ativ S without interop unlock, but i want to use this extra feature, but i Can't find a good description to enable this feature... I mean , step by step what i need to download , and flashing my phone with a custom rom (interop unlock) and after this , how to enable the extra row. Please help me , give me a tutorial. Big THANKS for the answere!!!!
    01-11-2014 11:47 PM
    ]Hi, I have a samsung Ativ S without interop unlock, but i want to use this extra feature, but i Can't find a good description to enable this feature... I mean , step by step what i need to download , and flashing my phone with a custom rom (interop unlock) and after this , how to enable the extra row. Please help me , give me a tutorial. Big THANKS for the answere!!!!

there is a good tutorial somewhere on xda, I'll look it up for ya.

Edit: here it is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2435697

Sent from my Ativ S
    01-12-2014 02:53 PM
    Hi WP8Expert,

I want to enable 3 column for my ATIV S I8750. Here is what I have done:
    1. Change my CSC to ATO so that I can upgrade to GDR3.
    2. Installed "Interop_Unlock_Helper_Debug_ARM.xap", then "BootstrapSamsung_Release_ARM.xap" and finally "EnableAllSideloading_Release_ARM.xap".
    3. Also installed "SamWP8_Tools_Debug_ARM.xap" and "wphTweaksWP8.xap".
    4. Ran all above apps as per guidelines [XAP][GUIDE] Interop Unlock for WP8 + all Capabilities - xda-developers.
    5. Tried to update registry key "software\microsoft\oem\startscreen" => screensize to 1.
    6. It did not work and it says no registry key.
    7. So I upgraded to GDR3.

Now none of above application is working and I am not able to get 3 tile start screen. Please suggest what to do in this case.
    It doesn't work with the retail edition of GDR3. Only the dev edition
    01-15-2014 06:29 AM
    I am getting Error - Installation of the application failed. Run time error has occurred. Fix the Capabilities in WMAppManifest.xml file. What could be the issue? Samsung ATIV S interop unlocked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	[Windows Phone] Error Sideloading App.PNG 
Views:	185 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	47753

Solved.

Requires additional capabilities from the <Capabilities> element of the WMAppManifest.xml and thus requires Bootstrap Samsung and Enable all sideloading.
    hey i have the same problem as you. interoped but couldnt install wphTweaksWP8 due to WMAppManifest.xml error.

but i manage to get samwp8 tools.

how did u fix this? i did the bootstrap and also enable sideloading both success but still wont install
    01-16-2014 03:07 AM
46 12