Iplayer on the Ativ S

mart_ativs

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Just got an Ativ S which is a lovely phone.. but.. I've just installed the BBC Iplayer app and it's not working.
To qualify that statement, the App starts up and shows the available content, but when a video is selected
an error message appears and the video doesn't start:

"We're sorry we encountered an error whilst trying to play this content Please try again"

After many attempts to play a number of videos I don't think it's going to work!

The Radio part of the Iplayer works fine..

So has anyone on here with an Ativ S in the Uk got experience of working Iplayer? Is there
anything on the phone I need to setup for it to work?

Thanks for any help!

Martin

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Just got an Ativ S which is a lovely phone.. but.. I've just installed the BBC Iplayer app and it's not working.
To qualify that statement, the App starts up and shows the available content, but when a video is selected
an error message appears and the video doesn't start:

"We're sorry we encountered an error whilst trying to play this content Please try again"

After many attempts to play a number of videos I don't think it's going to work!

The Radio part of the Iplayer works fine..

So has anyone on here with an Ativ S in the Uk got experience of working Iplayer? Is there
anything on the phone I need to setup for it to work?

Thanks for any help!

Martin

I have the same issue, as the "app" is really a wrapper for the mobile website my guess would be that they changed something recently that caused the "app" to break. You could always try TV Catchup, they have an app, yes a real app, in the Store.

mart_ativs

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.. Back on topic, Iplayer video is working this evening on my phone so must have been a temporary BBC glitch on the day I got the phone! So far so good!

Martin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786