Question about GDR3 on Ativ S

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Ive got an unlocked Ativ S and been checking phone update daily now for GDR3, but as of yet Nothing.

I have noticed that a lot of folks on here already have the developer version of GDR3, so Im, thinking of going for it, but...

Does the developer version come with any Samsung apps, or does it link and download them.
Are there any issues with the developer that make you wish youd waited for samsungs official release.
Anything else youd advise or should I wait.

Cheers

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ignoring the Samsung bit for the moment. I have a developer unlocked GDR3. There wouldn't be any specific 'Samsung' software as GDR3 is from MS.

I've had no issues with Dev GDR3.

I haven't seen any indication that GDR3 has been released for the Ativ S.

CadenteLuca

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Ignoring the Samsung bit for the moment. I have a developer unlocked GDR3. There wouldn't be any specific 'Samsung' software as GDR3 is from MS.

I've had no issues with Dev GDR3.

I haven't seen any indication that GDR3 has been released for the Ativ S.

In your opinion when is expected the upgrade to gdr3 for the ativ?

Ido Gal

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung apps stays on the device. You may have to reinstall some of them, I don't really remember.

Anyway - you'll have the apps if you'd want to. Do not worry.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for the quick replies. The main reason I want GDR3 is because since installing GDR2, when I create playlists on SD Card, all the songs are there as well as the titles of the playlists but shows 0 songs in them, yet playlists are fine when placed on internal memory, with regard to Samsung Apps, I really like RSS Times and Now, hence why Im wanting to keep them, I find RSS better than Weave.
Im still deciding whether to go developer or wait.
Thanks

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Installing developer preview will not remove any Samsung apps. You still have access to Samsung apps via the app store. As for your song list issue I can not answer as I do not listen to music on my phone.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried it, but because Im in UK, not USA thenm I don't qualify for the developer version using the link above.

Oh well, ill just wait.. itll be here in a week or so.. hopefully :).

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried it, but because Im in UK, not USA thenm I don't qualify for the developer version using the link above.

Oh well, ill just wait.. itll be here in a week or so.. hopefully :).

Region should not have any issue in installing "Preview for Developer". I'm in AUS and it installed with no issues.

Note: I accessed the "Preview for Developer" page on the windows store using my computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99