Camera and screenshot problem on Ativ S

MICROV91

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have big problem with my brand new Ativ S.

I bought it today, and salesman made a microsoft account and logged in. When i get the phone to try it out, i noticed that camera app when i try to take picture when it focuses and i press a button or on screen, it closes down. So i give it to sales man an wait for 2 hours . And hi gives me back , and says that it was a problem with M$ account and he had to change something.

Then i get home, make new M$ acount, reset my phone , log in with new, and problem returns, i cant take pictures, i cant even take a screenshot, it says it cant saves my ss .

So pls what is the problem how do i solve it ?

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you will need to head back to the store, its seems like a faulty device. If it is indeed an account setting issue the salesman should be able to make the same setting change for your account as he did with the in store account. Either way I think you need to return to the store with your Ativ S

MICROV91

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, u are probably right, i cant find a single web page or comment on this problem.
But its weary weird that it cant take ss as well .

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
If it displays an error code of some sort you could try getting some help with it on Microsoft online help forum but if it just won't perform the action it sounds like an out of the box failure. Don't feel bad, these things happen but I would get it back to the store for a replacement.

MICROV91

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
No error code it just closes camera app and returns to start screen. Just i dont understand why this hapens when i hard reset it, just so i will be able to changed M$ account, it worked fine on that M$ account store provided. And i dont know what they did to fix it. Trouble is that is some local store i doubt that they will just replace it.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well on the bright side, maybe it is just a setting that can be changed and they can change it on your account too. Get them to show you and explain why because chances are you may need to do another hard reset at some stage during your ownership of the phone.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
absolutely take it back to store. as stephen said, make sure you have them explain what they do and why they are doing it. that always helps down the road if problems arise. good luck

MICROV91

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I get Ativ S back to store, and they hard reset it, loged in with M$ account they made, and works fine, then they said i have to use that account, WTF ??? So i am now stuck with theirs account , but at least i can take pictures...
I need solution, they wont replace device ...

MICROV91

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to hard reset and then use your account?

Have you tried to open a new account of your own?

Yes, when i hard reset and use my acount , camera and ss dont work . I made new account. Same thing.

@neo158 :) . Yeahh, here in Serbia , we still use that for Microsoft :D Hhaha...

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. A device that works with only one account doesn't make sense. It is faulty.

Try to return it.

Yeah, it just makes no sense. Please don't take this the wrong way but is this a genuine Ativ S? The store you bought it from seems to have a take it or leave it kind of attitude

MICROV91

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it just makes no sense. Please don't take this the wrong way but is this a genuine Ativ S? The store you bought it from seems to have a take it or leave it kind of attitude
Yes it is genuine, original boxing and all that. But, yeah i don't think that they sell them legit. I payed 200? whitch is the right price here in Serbia.

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I get Ativ S back to store, and they hard reset it, loged in with M$ account they made, and works fine, then they said i have to use that account, WTF ??? So i am now stuck with theirs account , but at least i can take pictures...
I need solution, they wont replace device ...

That is not a good enough answer for me. If they won't provide you a handset that works with an account of your choosing make the account yours by logging onto www.outlook.com on a computer and reset all the security to your own.

a couple of key points.
  • change the password
  • update the security questions

If you are unable to change the security on the account then the "account" and therefore the "handset" are not able to be used as it was sold. I would then pursue a "Consumer Affairs" if your country has such an organisation.

MICROV91

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
That is not a good enough answer for me. If they won't provide you a handset that works with an account of your choosing make the account yours by logging onto www.outlook.com on a computer and reset all the security to your own.

a couple of key points.
  • change the password
  • update the security questions

If you are unable to change the security on the account then the "account" and therefore the "handset" are not able to be used as it was sold. I would then pursue a "Consumer Affairs" if your country has such an organisation.
Well yes i changed password , but still i don't use that email, so i added my live as hotmail 2 , but still not perfect. Just i dont understand , why does microsoft account meter for taking pics.

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the fault is related to the M$ account. I would definitely return the handset and get a new one.

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
They wont replace it. They say , everything is fine with the device, u just need to use this account.

That is not acceptable. That is like buying a house with a front door and a back door, and then being told that you need to climb in through the window to get inside. You need to enquire as to what your legal rights are (not from the store). Go back to them and give them a chance to replace with a handset that works as you want it to work. Failing that then take legal action, or camp outside their store and make a nuisance of yourself by deterring customers away from them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786