The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-13-2013 08:46 AM
37 12
tools
    I have big problem with my brand new Ativ S.

I bought it today, and salesman made a microsoft account and logged in. When i get the phone to try it out, i noticed that camera app when i try to take picture when it focuses and i press a button or on screen, it closes down. So i give it to sales man an wait for 2 hours . And hi gives me back , and says that it was a problem with M$ account and he had to change something.

Then i get home, make new M$ acount, reset my phone , log in with new, and problem returns, i cant take pictures, i cant even take a screenshot, it says it cant saves my ss .

So pls what is the problem how do i solve it ?
    11-08-2013 05:38 PM
    Sounds like you will need to head back to the store, its seems like a faulty device. If it is indeed an account setting issue the salesman should be able to make the same setting change for your account as he did with the in store account. Either way I think you need to return to the store with your Ativ S
    11-08-2013 05:50 PM
    Yeah, u are probably right, i cant find a single web page or comment on this problem.
    But its weary weird that it cant take ss as well .
    11-08-2013 06:08 PM
    If it displays an error code of some sort you could try getting some help with it on Microsoft online help forum but if it just won't perform the action it sounds like an out of the box failure. Don't feel bad, these things happen but I would get it back to the store for a replacement.
    11-08-2013 06:36 PM
    No error code it just closes camera app and returns to start screen. Just i dont understand why this hapens when i hard reset it, just so i will be able to changed M$ account, it worked fine on that M$ account store provided. And i dont know what they did to fix it. Trouble is that is some local store i doubt that they will just replace it.
    11-08-2013 06:45 PM
    Well on the bright side, maybe it is just a setting that can be changed and they can change it on your account too. Get them to show you and explain why because chances are you may need to do another hard reset at some stage during your ownership of the phone.
    11-08-2013 07:10 PM
    absolutely take it back to store. as stephen said, make sure you have them explain what they do and why they are doing it. that always helps down the road if problems arise. good luck
    11-08-2013 09:27 PM
    I get Ativ S back to store, and they hard reset it, loged in with M$ account they made, and works fine, then they said i have to use that account, WTF ??? So i am now stuck with theirs account , but at least i can take pictures...
    I need solution, they wont replace device ...
    11-09-2013 06:03 AM
    Have you tried to hard reset and then use your account?

Have you tried to open a new account of your own?
    11-09-2013 07:11 AM
    I stopped reading at the first "M$", the 90s called they told me to tell you they want it back!!
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-09-2013 08:20 AM
    Have you tried to hard reset and then use your account?

Have you tried to open a new account of your own?
    Yes, when i hard reset and use my acount , camera and ss dont work . I made new account. Same thing.

@neo158 :) . Yeahh, here in Serbia , we still use that for Microsoft :D Hhaha...
    11-09-2013 08:26 AM
    I don't know. A device that works with only one account doesn't make sense. It is faulty.

Try to return it.
    11-09-2013 09:51 AM
    I don't know. A device that works with only one account doesn't make sense. It is faulty.

Try to return it.
    They wont replace it. So it will have to do it.
    11-09-2013 10:28 AM

Try to return it.
    Yeah, it just makes no sense. Please don't take this the wrong way but is this a genuine Ativ S? The store you bought it from seems to have a take it or leave it kind of attitude
    11-09-2013 01:51 PM
    Yeah, it just makes no sense. Please don't take this the wrong way but is this a genuine Ativ S? The store you bought it from seems to have a take it or leave it kind of attitude
    Yes it is genuine, original boxing and all that. But, yeah i don't think that they sell them legit. I payed 200 whitch is the right price here in Serbia.
    11-09-2013 01:58 PM
    I get Ativ S back to store, and they hard reset it, loged in with M$ account they made, and works fine, then they said i have to use that account, WTF ??? So i am now stuck with theirs account , but at least i can take pictures...
    I need solution, they wont replace device ...
    That is not a good enough answer for me. If they won't provide you a handset that works with an account of your choosing make the account yours by logging onto www.outlook.com on a computer and reset all the security to your own.

a couple of key points.
    • change the password
    • update the security questions

If you are unable to change the security on the account then the "account" and therefore the "handset" are not able to be used as it was sold. I would then pursue a "Consumer Affairs" if your country has such an organisation.
    11-09-2013 04:32 PM
    That is not a good enough answer for me. If they won't provide you a handset that works with an account of your choosing make the account yours by logging onto www.outlook.com on a computer and reset all the security to your own.

a couple of key points.
    • change the password
    • update the security questions

If you are unable to change the security on the account then the "account" and therefore the "handset" are not able to be used as it was sold. I would then pursue a "Consumer Affairs" if your country has such an organisation.
    Well yes i changed password , but still i don't use that email, so i added my live as hotmail 2 , but still not perfect. Just i dont understand , why does microsoft account meter for taking pics.
    11-09-2013 05:30 PM
    I don't think the fault is related to the M$ account. I would definitely return the handset and get a new one.
    11-10-2013 02:35 AM
    I don't think the fault is related to the M$ account. I would definitely return the handset and get a new one.
    They wont replace it. They say , everything is fine with the device, u just need to use this account.
    11-10-2013 04:09 AM
    They wont replace it. They say , everything is fine with the device, u just need to use this account.
    That is not acceptable. That is like buying a house with a front door and a back door, and then being told that you need to climb in through the window to get inside. You need to enquire as to what your legal rights are (not from the store). Go back to them and give them a chance to replace with a handset that works as you want it to work. Failing that then take legal action, or camp outside their store and make a nuisance of yourself by deterring customers away from them
    neo158, Ido Gal and jomarr like this.
    11-10-2013 03:21 PM
    That is not acceptable. That is like buying a house with a front door and a back door, and then being told that you need to climb in through the window to get inside. You need to enquire as to what your legal rights are (not from the store). Go back to them and give them a chance to replace with a handset that works as you want it to work. Failing that then take legal action, or camp outside their store and make a nuisance of yourself by deterring customers away from them
    Exactly, it's completely unacceptable. The Microsoft Account has nothing to do with it, that's typical retailer BS for "we can't be bothered to help you."

The phone is faulty and under warranty so they either replace it, give you a refund or give you the details of the manufacturer to get a replacement. That's how it works in the UK at least, so it might be best to do as lexrsk says and find out your legal rights as a consumer in your country.

Oh and don't speak to the plebs who are serving customers, ask to see the manager ;-)
    Last edited by neo158; 11-11-2013 at 02:02 AM.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-10-2013 06:12 PM
    I don't know how does it work in Serbia - But in Israel I would go into the store and start to shout at them. :-)
    neo158 likes this.
    11-10-2013 11:54 PM
    Haha, they will refund it but for half a price . Yap, i will see what i can do legally but that will probably cost me more than that phone. That is Serbia ;) .
    11-11-2013 04:52 AM
    Maybe if you'd update to GDR2 the matter will resolve?
    11-11-2013 04:54 AM
    Its, already GDR2 , i was thinking more like GDR3 ... Hm...
    11-11-2013 05:57 AM
37 12