My wife and I each got an Ativ S and went with the ST BYOD. I've gotten mine working for text and picture text after some playing around. On hers though I've had to reset the phone a couple of times because after the initial setup (the 2nd time I got her pic texts sending OK but wouldn't receive) if I change the mmsc or proxy address Messenger won't even let me attach a picture to a text. I pick the pic but it isn't in the text window for sending. On receiving, I get the typical link to download media content which doesn't work obviously. Very frustrating... does anyone have any suggestions? I've also gotten into a situation with her phone where it will no longer save the APN under the "mms" type. It merely reverts to "other" with no mmsc field at all.
    11-11-2013 12:21 PM
    I've moved this thread to the Samsung ATIV S forum.

Are both of you running the same OS and firmware version? It seems strange that your device saves the APN settings but her's does not.
    11-12-2013 12:06 AM
    Follow this link and try this trick to see if it works on your phones.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/sam...ml#post2189576

Good Luck!
    11-13-2013 10:31 AM
    My wife and I each got an Ativ S and went with the ST BYOD. I've gotten mine working for text and picture text after some playing around. On hers though I've had to reset the phone a couple of times because after the initial setup (the 2nd time I got her pic texts sending OK but wouldn't receive) if I change the mmsc or proxy address Messenger won't even let me attach a picture to a text. I pick the pic but it isn't in the text window for sending. On receiving, I get the typical link to download media content which doesn't work obviously. Very frustrating... does anyone have any suggestions? I've also gotten into a situation with her phone where it will no longer save the APN under the "mms" type. It merely reverts to "other" with no mmsc field at all.
    have been using my ativ s on straight talk for 3 months now and it works perfectly. will add screenshots of mms settings. using the tfdata only for internet apn. don't know if it makes any difference but mine is a t899(canadian version) and i changed the region to united states.
    11-14-2013 09:48 AM