I was wondering if I should buy a fresh battery for my Ativ... I have noticed that I get great time upto 50% of battery, but after that it just seems to drain faster... Hard to say has it changed, but I was thinking if I would test a fresh battery.

Original ones are good, but has anyone have some options that are solid? I saw some 2500mah ones out there, but I know they can write anything on them. Do some other Samsung device batteriy fit? (wouldnt be the first time)
    11-14-2013 04:23 PM
    The Ativ S battery has the NFC as part of the battery, so if you replace it with a 3rd party one, it will most likely not have the NFC in it, in which case I would buy the official Samsung Ativ S battery, I think you can get them on eBay or Amazon for about 1/3 or even as much as a 1/4 of the price you pay in high street stores.

Before you replace the battery, do you have any battery level apps, WhatsApp or new apps installed, as these can have massive unknown and strange battery drain.

Hope that helps, Good Luck :)
    11-14-2013 04:49 PM
    I didnt know it has the NFC built in. I really dont use NFC, but still dont want to lose it.

I dont have any battery level apps, but I have WhatsApp. However I dont think thats the cause, as the battery seems to drain much faster from 50%>. Anyway, isnt WhatsApp much better now that they are not using the music API for WP8?

Any links to official batteries with good price that ship in Europe? I checked from service center here and it was over 40, thats a lot... Considering you can get a new phone with the battery for 200!
    Last edited by Loco5150; 11-16-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    11-16-2013 01:31 AM
    Personnally Ide prefer to use office Sammy battery, but its up to yourself :)

There you go:

"Under the (faux-metal!) hood is a 2300mAh NFC-enabled battery - this is a standard Samsung component and should be easy to find, should you want to replace it or get a spare. It's also possible to pick up Samsung battery chargers online, for example in a desk-mounted set up. Putting the NFC antenna in the battery is a novel idea that Samsung has championed for a while now - it uses an extra connector to the battery, but this is far more substantial a connection than the typical pressure contact to a back cover NFC aerial, as on the Nokia 808 among others."

Samsung ATIV S review - All About Windows Phone

Some Batteryies here:
    ativ s battery | eBay

And here:
    100% Original Battery For Samsung I8750 ATIV S i8370 EB-L1M1NLU | eBay

Hope these help..
    11-16-2013 05:09 PM
    Yes, I want the original battery for quality reasons also. You really think that eBay link that says original really is? I have my doubts.
    11-17-2013 03:35 AM
    Yes, I want the original battery for quality reasons also. You really think that eBay link that says original really is? I have my doubts.
    Well you can check the serial/ model number on your ativ s battery thats in your phone now and check the one in the eBay picture, but of course theres no guarantee that pic is the real one. You can send for the battery and if its wrong, send it back.. ebay have buyer protection, or you can email the seller and ask, just keep the emails for ebay claim if the battery isnt the right one. Theres not much more i can advise really. If you dont trust eBay give Amazon a go :)
    11-17-2013 07:05 PM