GDR3/Update 3 (Official consumer release, not developer preview)

keysersoze#CB

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I always do this as well, which I learned from my Galaxy S2 days on Android, always hard rest after an update.

Im in UK with an Unbranded Sim Free Ativ S, and I havent recieved GDR3 yet, so not sure when Samsung are releasing in Europe/UK.

I too live in the UK, with an unbranded Ativ S. Am on O2. Would love to know if others get this update. Am itching to try it out :)

mughal90

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just bought Ativ S today. Checked for firmware update and it installed an update. Now my firmware is 8.0.10328.78. Is this amber update ?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I just bought Ativ S today. Checked for firmware update and it installed an update. Now my firmware is 8.0.10328.78. Is this amber update ?
there is no Amber or Black for Ativ, those are Nokia updates, I think you're confusing Amber/Black with GDR2/GDR3

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I too live in the UK, with an unbranded Ativ S. Am on O2. Would love to know if others get this update. Am itching to try it out :)

Yeah me too buddy, Im have an Orange/EE Sim in mine and Im checking everyday now, but as of yet.. nothing. Ive never liked GDR2, it does funny things with my Ativ, such as photos are over exposed and noise in low light shadows of pics. But at least I know it hasnt hit UK yet.

Ill keep checking :).

ferovca

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a ringing issue when answering the call.. keeps ringing for half a second with lower volume than regular ring after I hit the answer button.. except that, everything else is fine..

Norbert_85

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
my problem with the bluetooth connection with my carkit is getting worse.
On a 45min drive the phone restarted itself about every 5 to 10 minutes.
I've turned off the PIN so that the phone could boot up completly - connection works for 5-10 minutes and then reboot again.

With GDR2 I've had some crashes but they were about once a month or so.

firmware: 2424.13.10.1
Hardware: 15.15.1.0
wireless hardware (german phone - sorry for translation): 0.0.0.800
Boot: 13.08.14.16
Chip-SOC: 1.5.32

Does anyone of you have troubles too?

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a ringing issue when answering the call.. keeps ringing for half a second with lower volume than regular ring after I hit the answer button.. except that, everything else is fine..
Yes, I have this strange behavior too, but it is the only thing I have noticed after GDR3 and it is so minor, it is not a problem. For some reasons ringtone rings in the earpiece for a moment after you answer the call.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
my problem with the bluetooth connection with my carkit is getting worse.
On a 45min drive the phone restarted itself about every 5 to 10 minutes.
I've turned off the PIN so that the phone could boot up completly - connection works for 5-10 minutes and then reboot again.

With GDR2 I've had some crashes but they were about once a month or so.

firmware: 2424.13.10.1
Hardware: 15.15.1.0
wireless hardware (german phone - sorry for translation): 0.0.0.800
Boot: 13.08.14.16
Chip-SOC: 1.5.32

Does anyone of you have troubles too?
It is really strange, I have no problems with Bluetooth at all, works perfectly with both of my wireless headsets...

TecmanGR

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been running GDR3 on my Ativ S for some days now and the only problem I had was two reboots since I installed it :/ Otherwise everything works smooth and fast xD I hope that I won't get any reboots in the future.

Norbert_85

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It is really strange, I have no problems with Bluetooth at all, works perfectly with both of my wireless headsets...

yeah, it is really strange :(

After a hardreset nothing changed.
I can't connect the phone with my Surface pro2, the connection establishes and after a few seconds the phone disconnects itself.
But if I start a file transfer in the short period of a connection, the file load completely to the phone and then its disconnected

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Technically, the Developer Preview is the final, consumer version, of GDR3/Update 3. It was just released early via the developer program so app developers could optimize their apps, if necessary. Oh yeah, and there's the fact it finally let us bypass the carrier's evil clutches! Mwa ha ha!

Of course, the developer program doesn't get updated OEM firmware, so you're still reliant on the carrier for that (Let the complaints about AT&T withholding Lumia Black, begin!), but otherwise, the developer preview is the final version. Sorry, but you know... Technicalities...

I personally have been rocking Update 3 on my Lumia 1020 since day 1 of the developer preview program, love it! Now I'm dying for the Lumia Black firmware, I really want RAW support!

I hope it's not, because the Preview had a glitch that caused the phone to brick on hard reset. The issue was as follows: you did a hard reset via UI or by using a procedure that resets the phone from the service mode. Having started the phone you had been presented with a black screen with only the welcome screen showing/hiding on pressing Power button. I know it for sure as I screwed my phone and had to hard reset in when on GDR3 Preview. Now I have to flash it with GDR2 as my OS went funky.

PNX81

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I will try this in the following days, but I definately want to keep my third tile row and some other tweaks.
i am also a bit unsure how to remove the developer preview

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont think you have to remove anything. From the developer app you only turn the switch off and then normally search for updates. Im interested in official upgrade, becuase I think there is newer radio fw.

PNX81

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
yes, unchecked developer preview and changed carrier code to AT, now downloading the official update.

fingers crossed

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Wuuu keep us posted. I was afraid that if the unlocks go, it will take a lot of time to revert back. However reverting back is easy to do, it only takes time. There is the official gdr2 that can be flashed to the Ativ. At least that way its possible always to get back. But of course, after the flash need to unlock, then get the developer ugrade and then all the tweaks = time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750