GDR3/Update 3 (Official consumer release, not developer preview)

PNX81

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Wuuu keep us posted. I was afraid that if the unlocks go, it will take a lot of time to revert back. However reverting back is easy to do, it only takes time. There is the official gdr2 that can be flashed to the Ativ. At least that way its possible always to get back. But of course, after the flash need to unlock, then get the developer ugrade and then all the tweaks = time.

update was installed without constraints. The extra row of tiles is still there and my custom tile color. and now I don't mind if I lose some capabilities.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice! But then, did you even lose anything? Do the tweaking apps still work, maybe you can try to do one custom color? 3rd row, custom colors and pdf>office are the most important for me, but also more usefull tweaks might come later.

Thanks for putting you neck out! I think I wil update later when Im back home. I have noticed the Ativ lose signal some times, and hope the update would fix it!

PNX81

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Nice! But then, did you even lose anything? Do the tweaking apps still work, maybe you can try to do one custom color? 3rd row, custom colors and pdf>office are the most important for me, but also more usefull tweaks might come later.

Thanks for putting you neck out! I think I wil update later when Im back home. I have noticed the Ativ lose signal some times, and hope the update would fix it!

Don't have pdf>office feature, can start samwp8 and try to change accent colors. I am more curious if I have full access to file system.

PNX81

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, tweak tools start but I can remove them,they now pop up error messages. But for now, all functions made before the update are still active.

3rd row: yes
Custom accent color: yes
Full access to FS: to be tested
Samwp8 or Wph tweaks: start but no longer functional

Bluetooth: ok, no reboot

Will update if anything unexpected is noticed

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Start but not functional means device is locked again. Most likely though, you can unlock again following the same steps as before when you unlocked for the first time?

Locking my device would mean I wouldnt be able to use pdf to office. That app is very useful...

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Full fs probably does not work. You should be able to sideload the tools again to unlock your device, and then everything should work again...

PNX81

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Will try later, my Notebook only runs win7 and for any reason I cannot run wp8 SDK. I remember that the official gdr3 update locks everything again. But no further steps can be taken unless I have access to my Win8 WS

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Maybe deleting and reinstalling the tweak apps is enough then? I might update later today also then.

Please check XDA.

The new update had a Samsung firmware update which blocked interop unlock functions. Apps that were installed before the update still have interop access. A fix to it is currently being researched

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Update received! 5.12.2013 - 18:00

Germany - Unbranded Samsung Ativ S.

Everything is ok; but after update I have a screen flickering problem. Flickering apears after restart - duration 3 - 5 seconds. Looks like this

Except this little problem the phone is smoother and the new updates are working well. Please report if you have any problems / solutions!

Last edited:

dvamv

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Update received! 5.12.2013 - 18:00

Germany - Unbranded Samsung Ativ S.

Everything is ok; but after update I have a screen flickering problem. Flickering apears after restart - duration 3 - 5 seconds. Looks like this

Ativ S flickers - YouTube

Except this little problem the phone is smoother and the new updates are working well. Please report if you have any problems / solutions!

Hi

Is it possible to inform us about your phone csc?

Many thanks

comanoodle

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
How can you tell what your current CSC is?

I have an unbranded Ativ S purchased in Israel and I still haven't received GDR 2. Phone update says I'm up to date...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro