GDR3/Update 3 (Official consumer release, not developer preview)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
same here. Unlocked Rogers in the US. downloaded some really nice classic nokia sounds the other day from a new app in the store and am assigning new text tones to my contacts...fun stuff. also like having the option on keyboard to have it automatically switch back to text after inserting emoticon. driving mode and x'ing out of apps are nice, too.
Sporting recently downloaded Update 3 on my Bell (unlocked) SGH-T899M.
Firmware: 2212.13.11.2

Last edited:

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm now running GDR3 on Bell ATIV S. I can also confirm that it is available on Telus ATIV S (friend's phone). In both of our cases, we had to manually check for updates, as we did not receive a notification that the update was available.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope - will post if it arrives ...

I live in the UK and I just got the final version of GDR3 on my ATIV S, it's the i8750 version:

OS version: 8.0.10517.150
Firmware version: 2424.13.10.1
Radio Firmware version: 2424.13.9.1
Bootloader version: 13.08.14.16

It's unbranded on O2-UK and I received all the updates prior to the OS version listed above just with the Samsung firmware update as well.

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Also got GDR3 now in UK, although I seem to have less storage space than before, with the system section increasing, and the temporary file deletion not doing anything. Still, nice to have the option to turn auto rotate off.

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I did updated to GDR3 through Developer account. I installed the developer preview than checked for update, of course there was an update available.
I went ahead with it, installed it without any issue.
There is any difference between this GDR3 update and the official one?

Attachments

• IMG_20140225_181019541.jpg
    IMG_20140225_181019541.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I did updated to GDR3 through Developer account. I installed the developer preview than checked for update, of course there was an update available.
I went ahead with it, installed it without any issue.
There is any difference between this GDR3 update and the official one?

Yes, you lack the Samsung Firmware update. Check your firmware numbers with the ones I posted. You have a later build number as well, not that the build number is an issue but I wouldn't do a factory reset at the moment though ;-)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Also got GDR3 now in UK, although I seem to have less storage space than before, with the system section increasing, and the temporary file deletion not doing anything. Still, nice to have the option to turn auto rotate off.

Did you get the firmware update as well?

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replay. Just now I checked to see if there is any update available, yes it is, and started downloading but i just stopped it turning off the mobile.
I do not know what to do, to go ahead or not. The phone is unlocked, recently bought.
I am afraid that could cause problems.
The way it is, is working fine. What else could be added to actual update I have?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for replay. Just now I checked to see if there is any update available, yes it is, and started downloading but i just stopped it turning off the mobile.
I do not know what to do, to go ahead or not. The phone is unlocked, recently bought.
I am afraid that could cause problems.
The way it is, is working fine. What else could be added to actual update I have?

Just the firmware update would need to be added. Restarting to install the update is fine but a factory reset will cause the black screen issue that has affected many, including me.

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Just the firmware update would need to be added. Restarting to install the update is fine but a factory reset will cause the black screen issue that has affected many, including me.
Well, as long as the phone works fine I do not see the point of updating it. I am able to install every application, no errors at all.
The problems is the temporary files, it shows 143Mb, when try to delete it, it takes ages and the files are there. The only way I could get rid of some was deleting temporary files from IE. Now it shows only 118Mb, but I can not get rid of them.

pege63

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
For those with German unbranded Ativs, you can change the CSC from DBT to ATO and get the update. Someone posted it on the news page and I just confirmed it's working on mine. Still unlocked and all features working.

Just type ##634# on the dialer, then enter *#321647335 on the diagnostics app to open the CSC selection menu, change it to ATO and your phone will factory reset with the new CSC, check for update and it should be there. Warning: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE. (Credits to Megasound for the CSC change code)

I followed this and now my phone has Black screen i can see the welcome screen but when i pulling it up everything is black, wath can i do to fix this?????

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
"... stock ROM from Nokia ..." on a Samsung ATIV S, that's not going to work. You really should look at what forum you're in BEFORE posting!!!

I usually do. I'm on my phone using the app currently and the forum name isn't as pronounced as the thread titles in the app...and had just posted in the 1520 forums. Calm down. ;)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I usually do. I'm on my phone using the app currently and the forum name isn't as pronounced as the thread titles in the app...and had just posted in the 1520 forums. Calm down. ;)

Ah, you're excused then ;-P

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs