Ativ S screen flickers on start up

Crampino

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

about one week ago I got a Samsung Ativ S. So, over the last week I tested it a little bit and installed some apps. For that time I used it without a SIM-card since my old cell phone only takes the normal size and I didn't want to break the micro-SIM out of it. Just in case...
Anyway, I noticed after a while that the screen flickers when I turn on the phone.
Here is a video how it looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWmAItDogq4
So I did a reset. And again: after installing some apps (especially after the HERE apps) the flickering occured again evertime I restartet the phone.
But, here comes the strange part: When I insert a SIM-card (since I found an old one), the flickering is gone.
Now I am not sure if the phone is broken or if it is just a software problem?
Maybe, it somehow correlates with the HERE apps or apps in general which track your location. Since they might do this by means of your mobile signal, this would cause the flickering problem if there is none (without a SIM-card).
However, before I send back the phone, I would like to know if anybody of you can reproduce this flickering?
If so, the phone wouldn't be broken...

Thanks a lot for your help!

P.s.
excuse my english. I am not a native :)

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an ATIV S and it doesn't do that. It's I8750, the one without the M, Unlocked and it's never done that. I think you should return it and get another one before the return window closes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb