Just curious...have been reading threads of people having issues with the Nokia folder app recently introduced. I have been using Samsung App Folder since it came out without problems on my ativ s. Has anyone using the Samsung app had the reboot issues reported with the Nokia app?
    01-17-2014 09:15 AM
    They are two different apps and two different OEMs made it. Nokia ones will have better privileges due to their sweet deal with Microsoft. Samsung one has never had issues like the ones with Nokia but Nokia will fix it's stuff with further iterations of the app. Samsung apps update once in a year, Nokia more frequently.
    01-17-2014 09:23 AM
    Your response does not help out the OP, and is also factually incorrect. Samsung has updated their folder app more than a half dozen times already.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-17-2014 02:11 PM
    To rockstarzzz...this was not meant to be a provocative question. Simply asked out of curiosity to other ativ s users on an ativ s forum.
    Matthew Becker1 likes this.
    01-17-2014 02:38 PM
    They are two different apps and two different OEMs made it. Nokia ones will have better privileges due to their sweet deal with Microsoft. Samsung one has never had issues like the ones with Nokia but Nokia will fix it's stuff with further iterations of the app. Samsung apps update once in a year, Nokia more frequently.
    Haha you're funny. What you should've said was it took a year for Nokia to rip off Samsung.
    01-17-2014 10:17 PM
    Hmm. While I don't use either App Folder app (because I now find them to be useless), I'd say that the Nokia app is what Nokia claims it to be - a beta.

Nokia/Microsoft will most likely bake the app into the firmware once Windows Phone 8 and the app is ready.

I'm not saying that Nokia stole an idea from Samsung, because if they did, that would be stealing ideas from the Windows Phone Uservoice forums...
    01-17-2014 11:16 PM
    Again, not helping the OP. She is wondering whether ATIV S users of Samsung's folder app have been experiencing issues. This isn't a Nokia vs. Samsung debate. As a suggestion to the OP, I suggest renaming the title of the thread to something along the lines of "App Folder (Samsung ATIV S)."

Reading reviews from the Store, some users have reported that there were issues launching shortcuts with the 1.0.0.8 update. However, since the 1.1.0.2 update in late December (5 updates after 1.0.0.8), there have been no reported complaints.
    01-18-2014 01:52 PM
    is there a way to close this thread? some posts seem a bit adversarial. not at all what I had in mind by asking what I thought was an innocent question. thanks
    01-18-2014 07:20 PM
    I see no reason to lock it. It's a good question and should be discussed.
    01-21-2014 09:08 AM
    is there a way to close this thread? some posts seem a bit adversarial. not at all what I had in mind by asking what I thought was an innocent question. thanks
    Don't take it to heart, just fanboys on their rampage.
    01-21-2014 09:13 AM
    Thought asking a question about ativ s on an ativ s forum would circumvent the "Nokia vs Samsung" comments. You're right. The "fanboys" are everywhere!
    neo158 likes this.
    01-21-2014 10:23 AM
    I've been using the app since it came out and the only issue I seen was originally had a delayed splash screen butttt that was fixed within days with an update.
    01-23-2014 04:08 PM