Ativ S: OS won't boot correctly

Maria Maas

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I saw this forum and though maybe you guys could help me out. I sold my old phone (samsung ativ s) to my brother because I got the Nokia lumia 925. Because we needed to do a factory reset but I had no idea how, I whiped the phone using the Windowsphone.com site. WORST IDEA EVER! because the OS won't boot correctly...... It ask for the Sim-card pin and then the screen just stay black with the connection thing on top and the battery. If you press the lock button, the drop down screen to turn off your phone will show and you can turn it off again.. And thats all.

We tried resetting it with the (!) method. it shows the cogwheels but it didn't work.

Edit 1: Holding the middle button will open the speech thingy, but it says it can't connect to the network
Edit 2: pressing the back button will open a blue screen with nothing else on it (except network and battery icon on top)
Edit 3: Found a video with someone having the same problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNF0LydCnE&list=UUurC2AtudrlhmzvL-5j5_hA

I have no idea what to do, and i feel so stupid and guilty because i think i just broke the phone for my brother...:angry::angry::unhappy:

Last edited:

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
did you use the wipe my phone thing on the site that is meant to be used when it is stolen? maybe its a security thing.

Anyways go to XDA website, and there are step by steps on how to flash it with a new rom, maybe that'll work

Maria Maas

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, i used that option. My bad I didn't know that it would completely wipe the OS of the phone *facepalm*

Anyway we are trying flash to phone now. Thanks for the reply,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos