USB unrecognised mends itself?

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
my Ativ became enemies with all my PC's and laptops quite a few months ago, i tried all the cures i could find for it here and elsewhere to no avail. the cure, if it was?? was to buy an android phone and put the non talking Ativ away to use as a stand alone spare if necessay. a month or two later when the phone battery was totally dead, along with any other internal electrical residues i connect it up to my laptop to charge it and magically it is talking again? woohoo! just wish i knew why for sure???

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I found with WP8 when connecting to the PC the phone drivers can be a bit funny. It's possible all you needed to do was have your phone off and connect to the PC to get things right again. It's not the first time I've heard something like this.

I know some people rush when connecting things to PCs (not saying you did this) and don't let the drivers fully install properly, especially with a phone. It's possible everything will be fine. :)

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I found with WP8 when connecting to the PC the phone drivers can be a bit funny. It's possible all you needed to do was have your phone off and connect to the PC to get things right again. It's not the first time I've heard something like this.

I know some people rush when connecting things to PCs (not saying you did this) and don't let the drivers fully install properly, especially with a phone. It's possible everything will be fine. :)
The same thing happened with me. It does not need any reset or updating pc drivers. Just rebooting the phone seems the most common workaround for this type of problem 😊

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
my Ativ became enemies with all my PC's and laptops quite a few months ago, i tried all the cures i could find for it here and elsewhere to no avail. the cure, if it was?? was to buy an android phone and put the non talking Ativ away to use as a stand alone spare if necessay. a month or two later when the phone battery was totally dead, along with any other internal electrical residues i connect it up to my laptop to charge it and magically it is talking again? woohoo! just wish i knew why for sure???
that's a miracle 😝

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I should point out I tried rebooting everything, deleting drivers. Restoring pc's. Updating drivers.master resets on ativ. All for nothing. Just leaving for months fixed it UNLESS ?? A recent window's update had something to do with it?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I should point out I tried rebooting everything, deleting drivers. Restoring pc's. Updating drivers.master resets on ativ. All for nothing. Just leaving for months fixed it UNLESS ?? A recent window's update had something to do with it?
recent windows updates are meant for fixing issues like you have xperienced. So it can be that the error gets fixed by updating your device. 😊

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

" A recent windows update " are you referring to windows OS updates or windows Phone Os updates? If its the first case , then maybe your laptop had a problem recognising it which later got fixed with the update.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem also with my AtivS. The phone needed to be booted about in last 10 hrs or so to get recognized by any PC. Later I started also experiencing problems with SD-cards and them not recognizing.

Everything was fixed by hard reset, or actually I flashed a new rom, but that was again another issue. So I expect that hard reset fixes this. After it I have no problems connecting to my PC anytime.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Same with the ATIV S of my father. I bought 3 ATIV S, with the same firmware and only one is experiencing this.

3 Different PC, Win7 64bit, Win7 32bit, Win8.1 64bit with no avail.

Once that I could navigate it (with the Win8 PC) after many ATIV S resets, one after the other), the connection was lost during a copy, like if I had detached the cable in between. Weird connection I'd say

I didn't have the time to hard-reset it, because it's not mine. but two things come to my mind:
- wthether the board (or the USB plug) has some weird connection to DATA wires (but not power lines). They sometimes transfer, sometimes not, like "faulty cheap USB pens"
- something is up with the Samsung firmware, but I'd still can't figure why the other two identical phones go fine, then.

@locoworks: could you try Hard resetting your phone and, while NOT getting back any Backup of this, connect it and see what happens?

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I just started having issues with my 1520 on two Windows 8.1 machines. I get unrecognized error. On my Windows 7 machine if I reboot the phone it works. I tried my 1020 in the Windows 8.1 machine and it works. Rebooting does not work on 8.1. I actually found this forum because I was doing a search on this issue. I was hoping someone had a solution.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Did you try doing the coupling with the SD card removed? I can't test it (my father lives some km away) but I feel that a defective SD could go wrong at whole device detecting phase..
Am I wrong?

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
@Macco26, I did a hard reset ( if that is a master reset using the option in settings? ) or is there some button hold option like the XDA2?? but I did a master reset using settings and tried without loading anything on the ativ and it was a no go. it is almost like the phones USB recognising side doesn't work any more or is corrupt in some way or just doesn't boot up correctly.

edit; and it didn't have an SD card inserted either.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Hard resetting via the Settings or via the phisical button Sequence is the same. Cogs, and so on. So that's demonstrate that the problem is hardware. And not related to a MicroSD. So it's a Samsung fault, and should be driven to the Repair centers, if still under warranty, I'd say...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro