The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-09-2014 07:04 PM
168 1234 ...
tools
    I have experienced few reboots after the latest update... After the last update my flash does not light up after the picture anymore... What camera bug people are referring to?
    camera quits working when you switch to video and back to camera or when you change settings. this happens randomly and not all of the time. since i'm not much of a photographer it doesn't impact me all that much. don't know if everyone has this issue but i'm sure it'll be fixed with firmware. battery remains great.
    05-17-2014 08:44 AM
    More information please.

I updated the Ativ S to 8.1 however I had to flash it back to GDR3 because battery drain was crazy at 30% per hour.
    And the i8750 had a boot loop issue with 8.1

I hope this is fixed.

Thanks.
    did you give it a few days to normalize? after updating to dev preview 8.1 I had terrible battery drain for 2-3 days. it then stabilized and my battery life is as good as before update, which was great.
    05-17-2014 08:48 AM
    i am planning a hard reset. should i do it.
    i mean, i am not gonna loose anything except sms and whatsapp records.
    i am ok with that.

is it gonna improve the performance more?
    05-17-2014 08:52 AM
    i am planning a hard reset. should i do it.
    i mean, i am not gonna loose anything except sms and whatsapp records.
    i am ok with that.

is it gonna improve the performance more?
    i cant answer your question, but i can tell you, just turn on text message backup and restore them when you hard reset. You can also uninstall all apps which dont have precious data, leave WhatsApp viber etc, and then turn on app data backup. Then hard reset, and restore the app data backup and sms backup and you wont even lose those 2 things.
    05-17-2014 09:05 AM
    Remember, guys, that this is the ATIV S forum. Asking about your Lumia devices won't get you much help here.

Also, after playing around with my phone the past couple of days, I've noticed some improvements with the battery life, which is great. But I hadn't used it as heavily the past two days as I had earlier in the week before the upgrade.
    05-17-2014 10:55 AM
    My first post on WPcentral!!
    My Ativ S i8750 goes in to a boot loop after installing. I reset my phone, and it works untill I turn off my phone or run out of battery. When I start it up again it goes inn to a boot loop...
    Going back to GDR3 for the time beeng I guess..
    Last edited by Oysteindh; 05-18-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    05-18-2014 02:05 AM
    Did you do a "hard reset" without backup or just a soft reset?
    05-18-2014 10:44 PM
    Camera bug sounds like a minor inconvenience. I don't normally switch back and forth, I just use one or the other.

I'm about to make the jump to 8.1DP
    05-21-2014 04:42 PM
    Only bug I'm noticing on my phone, with this latest 8.1.1 DP update (my third time installing it - lol)

Is I get this really fast flash of white screen every time I close either of my 2 email accounts.

Thinking because of the really deep black background of start screen... and using white backgrounds to my emails, there's that fraction of a second when the two backgrounds aren't in perfect sync.
    05-21-2014 05:28 PM
    Only bug I'm noticing on my phone, with this latest 8.1.1 DP update (my third time installing it - lol)

Is I get this really fast flash of white screen every time I close either of my 2 email accounts.

Thinking because of the really deep black background of start screen... and using white backgrounds to my emails, there's that fraction of a second when the two backgrounds aren't in perfect sync.
    I would assume that's the case, does it do the same thing if you have a black background to your emails?
    05-21-2014 06:06 PM
    It doesn't do that, no.

But .... It happens consistently after I compose or close an email I've written or read. Which automatically places me with a white background.

I can open my emails with black backgrounds and see the sender ... but to read it or answer it - it just automatically changes to white background on my phone.

Edit: Happens whether I "X" out emails or slide to close.
    Last edited by Michael Kozak; 05-21-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    05-21-2014 06:35 PM
    camera quits working when you switch to video and back to camera or when you change settings. this happens randomly and not all of the time. since i'm not much of a photographer it doesn't impact me all that much. don't know if everyone has this issue but i'm sure it'll be fixed with firmware. battery remains great.
    Same here camera quits working when you switch to video and back to camera and the phone randomly turns off and restarts itself. Even on camera side, first picture done the flash works, after that the flash lights up after the picture was taken coming up with dark backround. The flash works normaly only with the first picture taken.
    In regard with the battery, (I have MPJ 2800mAh EB-L1M1NLA), lasts around 4-5 days, I do only light internet surfing, the ph. no. use as backup, so no many calls.
    I noticed big improvement in terms of battery after the latest update.
    05-22-2014 03:52 AM
    Did a reset yesterday (I never did so before). When I downloaded and installed 3 extra languages this morning (but one of them doesn't need to be downloaded) and restarted, the predictive typing (and swipe) for these 2 languages went completely off, which scared the hell outta me. Fortunately removing them and adding them back fixed the problem though. The battery was 100% before installing them, and after finish it got stuck at 52% and is still here now.
    05-22-2014 03:59 AM
    8.1 breaks the apn settings. Yay, no MMS!
    05-22-2014 04:55 PM
    8.1 breaks the apn settings. Yay, no MMS!
    You have to re-enter your data and mms apns then reboot
    05-22-2014 05:46 PM
    You have to re-enter your data and mms apns then reboot
    I did, the apns don't stick. Check the app reviews and you'll see other people reporting this problem also. I have the T899M if that matters any.
    05-22-2014 05:56 PM
    T899M here also but I am using Straight Talk at&t SIM if that makes a difference. I think Neo had same problem but can't remember the fix.
    05-22-2014 06:21 PM
    I did, the apns don't stick. Check the app reviews and you'll see other people reporting this problem also. I have the T899M if that matters any.
    I may be misunderstanding but I didn't use an app. Went to Cellular+Sim in settings. Then tapped SIM settings and >edit data/mms apn
    05-22-2014 06:35 PM
    I may be misunderstanding but I didn't use an app. Went to Cellular+Sim in settings. Then tapped SIM settings and >edit data/mms apn
    Oh I used the Samsung app, after installing it appears under the settings. I'll try your method and see what happens.
    05-22-2014 07:57 PM
    Oh I used the Samsung app, after installing it appears under the settings. I'll try your method and see what happens.
    Make sure you erase the apn info you put in the Samsung App . Read in some thread that can mess things up if you have apns in the app and also in phone settings.
    05-22-2014 08:23 PM
    Make sure you erase the apn info you put in the Samsung App . Read in some thread that can mess things up if you have apns in the app and also in phone settings.
    Nothing works anymore. I'll just have to wait for an update.
    05-22-2014 08:41 PM
    Nothing works anymore. I'll just have to wait for an update.
    Damn. What carrier are you using? Sorry I couldn't help.
    05-22-2014 09:34 PM
    Damn. What carrier are you using? Sorry I couldn't help.
    AT&T GoPhone.
    05-22-2014 10:02 PM
    AT&T GoPhone.
    I had a similar problem on my i8750 on O2-UK Pay & Go. I had to enter the APNs manually through Mobile+SIM, Cellular+SIM for you Americans. I did find some supposed AT&T GoPhone settings:

For Windows Phone 8.1 Manual setup:
    In the App list Click Settings
    Tap Cellular+SIM

Delete any existing APN Settings..

Tap SIM Settings
    Tap SIM Name and type in AT&T GoPhone
    Tap "Add Internet APN"
    Tap APN and type in wap.cingular
    Tap Username and type in WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Tap Password and type in CINGULAR1
    Tap Save

Tap "Add MMS APN"
    Tap APN an type in wap.cingular
    Tap Username and type in WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Tap Password and type in CINGULAR1
    Tap WAP gateway (URL) and type in wireless.cingular.com
    Tap WAP gateway port and type in 80
    Tap MMSC (URL) and type in http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Tap MMSC Port and type in
    Tap Max MMS Size and type in
    Tap IP Type and select: IPv4v6
    Tap Save

See if those work, you may need to restart your phone after entering them.
    Last edited by neo158; 05-23-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    05-23-2014 05:49 AM
    Duplicate Post
    05-23-2014 05:50 AM
168 1234 ...