Hi

My friend asked me to take a look at her ativ s (I had a lumia 820). She was complaining about being unable to take any more photos. She deleted all her media files on her phone but is still unable. So I had a look through it and noticed 'Other' is 12 GB!

She told me she saves things to skydrive or something (I'm not experienced with it as I use a SD card instead) so I downloaded OneDrive. It asked to sign into her micrsoft account. She couldn't remember ever having one. So I had a look into accounts and there is 1 microsoft account in there belonging to her ex. Does this mean her pics have been going to her ex's OneDrive?
    05-22-2014 06:57 PM
    Hi

My friend asked me to take a look at her ativ s (I had a lumia 820). She was complaining about being unable to take any more photos. She deleted all her media files on her phone but is still unable. So I had a look through it and noticed 'Other' is 12 GB!

She told me she saves things to skydrive or something (I'm not experienced with it as I use a SD card instead) so I downloaded OneDrive. It asked to sign into her micrsoft account. She couldn't remember ever having one. So I had a look into accounts and there is 1 microsoft account in there belonging to her ex. Does this mean her pics have been going to her ex's OneDrive?
    Ah the notorious 'Other' storage issue which can only be resolved with a factory reset, unfortunately. The pictures should be in the Camera Roll and uploaded to OneDrive if it's enabled. If she has been saving things into OneDrive then I would recommend downloading them onto a PC and erasing them from her ex's OneDrive.

I would connect it to a PC and transfer the photos out of the Camera Roll, do a factory reset and set up an account specifically for her. I would also check if the phone has all its updates as well.
    05-22-2014 07:05 PM
    Could download help and tips appfrom ms. It has a section in FAQs explaing a lot about other storage
    05-25-2014 06:13 AM
    Could download help and tips appfrom ms. It has a section in FAQs explaing a lot about other storage
    That's assuming it has the 8.1 update installed.
    05-30-2014 03:59 AM