I recently acquired an Ativ S that is unlocked but was originally locked to Telus on Canada. I live in the US and I am on Cricket (formerly Aio Wireless). While I love the phone, mms doesn't work and the representatives at the store told me that while internet will work MMS won't. Does anyone have any expertise with this?
    05-30-2014 10:16 AM
    You may need to manually add the MMS settings for your network (which will be on their website in the help section somewhere).
    05-30-2014 10:34 AM
    I tried doing that, but no dice. They said something about region restrictions since the phone was originally locked to the Canadian configuration. Does that make sense?
    05-30-2014 11:48 AM
    I tried doing that, but no dice. They said something about region restrictions since the phone was originally locked to the Canadian configuration. Does that make sense?
    That doesn't make sense. Even on a locked phone, you can manually edit APN settings.

Looking through their support section, it appears that their internet address includes "aiowireless" in the URL: https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...ws-device.html

Which means that the settings from this site should (hopefully) be of help to you: Mobile Phone Carrier Settings for AIO - United States

In the App list Click Settings
    Tap Cellular (if using WP8.1, it will say cellular+SIM. From there, you will need to scroll down and choose SIM settings)

For Internet
    Tap "edit Internet APN"
    Tap APN and type in ndo
    Make sure all other fields are blank
    Tap Save

For MMS
    Tap "edit MMS APN"
    Tap APN an type in ndo
    Tap WAP gateway (URL) and type in proxy.aiowireless.net
    Tap WAP gateway port and type in 80
    Tap MMSC (URL) and type in http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
    Tap IP Type and select: IPv4v6
    Make sure all other fields are blank
    Tap Save
    You may have to reboot after putting these settings in. Please let me know if this works.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    05-30-2014 05:09 PM
    Well I tried it and it didn't work at first. However, I deleted the old APNs and entered the new ones and restarted the phone. And after testing today, mms works perfectly. Thank you so much!!
    Matthew Becker1 likes this.
    05-31-2014 02:45 PM
    That's great to hear. :)
    05-31-2014 03:44 PM