MMS Issue

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently acquired an Ativ S that is unlocked but was originally locked to Telus on Canada. I live in the US and I am on Cricket (formerly Aio Wireless). While I love the phone, mms doesn't work and the representatives at the store told me that while internet will work MMS won't. Does anyone have any expertise with this?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You may need to manually add the MMS settings for your network (which will be on their website in the help section somewhere).

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried doing that, but no dice. They said something about region restrictions since the phone was originally locked to the Canadian configuration. Does that make sense?

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried doing that, but no dice. They said something about region restrictions since the phone was originally locked to the Canadian configuration. Does that make sense?
That doesn't make sense. Even on a locked phone, you can manually edit APN settings.

Looking through their support section, it appears that their internet address includes "aiowireless" in the URL: https://www.cricketwireless.com/sup...d/customer/bring-your-own-windows-device.html

Which means that the settings from this site should (hopefully) be of help to you: Mobile Phone Carrier Settings for AIO - United States

In the App list Click Settings
Tap Cellular (if using WP8.1, it will say cellular+SIM. From there, you will need to scroll down and choose SIM settings)

For Internet
Tap "edit Internet APN"
Tap APN and type in ndo
Make sure all other fields are blank
Tap Save

For MMS
Tap "edit MMS APN"
Tap APN an type in ndo
Tap WAP gateway (URL) and type in proxy.aiowireless.net
Tap WAP gateway port and type in 80
Tap MMSC (URL) and type in http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
Tap IP Type and select: IPv4v6
Make sure all other fields are blank
Tap Save

You may have to reboot after putting these settings in. Please let me know if this works.

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried it and it didn't work at first. However, I deleted the old APNs and entered the new ones and restarted the phone. And after testing today, mms works perfectly. Thank you so much!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers