Who is on WP 8.1 on an Ativ S i8750

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Greetings

I'd like to ask if anyone is using the i8750 version of the Ativ S with WP8.1

I installed WP 8.1 on my phone but it keeps going on a boot loop (turns off, turns on, turns off, turns on over and over) whenever I turn off the phone or run the battery to 0%

The only fix is to reset it but the boot loop comes back when I turn off the phone or drain the battery.

Did the new 8.1 update 2 fix this issue? or should I wait for a Samsung specific firmware?

TIA

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I never had any continuous boot loops on my i8750 even with the first WP8.1 DP. I do have the firmware that came with GDR3 though so it might be firmware that's causing it for you if you only had GDR2 before installing the WP8.1 DP.

jagudi

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I never had any continuous boot loops on my i8750 even with the first WP8.1 DP. I do have the firmware that came with GDR3 though so it might be firmware that's causing it for you if you only had GDR2 before installing the WP8.1 DP.
that?s the problem

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh, so you don't necessarily need to have GDR3 to upgrade to WP8.1 DP? I thought you have to have GDR3 so you be able to install WP8.1 DP :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh, so you don't necessarily need to have GDR3 to upgrade to WP8.1 DP? I thought you have to have GDR3 so you be able to install WP8.1 DP :)

AFAIK you don't need the OS portion of GDR3 to install the WP8.1 DP, however GDR3 has newer firmware which the OP doesn't have and may be the reason why the OP is getting continuous boot loops.

jagudi

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
AFAIK you don't need the OS portion of GDR3 to install the WP8.1 DP, however GDR3 has newer firmware which the OP doesn't have and may be the reason why the OP is getting continuous boot loops.

Neo158
what is your advice:Should i instal gdr3 or at this time is impossible? and where i can get it?
thanks

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Neo158
what is your advice:Should i instal gdr3 or at this time is impossible? and where i can get it?
thanks

There are ways to downgrade but I'm not that sure how, there are some threads in this section that should help as well as XDA Developers.

keysersoze#CB

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I am using the latest 8.1 build on a UK unlocked i8750. Two issues that I've noticed:

* If I change the device name, via the Windows Connector desktop application, then the device name does not seem to stored/kept when the phone is switched off and on again.
* THe device is not storing altered ringtones etc, again when its switched off and on again.

Can anyone help?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am using the latest 8.1 build on a UK unlocked i8750. Two issues that I've noticed:

* If I change the device name, via the Windows Connector desktop application, then the device name does not seem to stored/kept when the phone is switched off and on again.
* THe device is not storing altered ringtones etc, again when its switched off and on again.

Can anyone help?

Those are known issues that will be fixed by Firmware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett