Ativ S doesn't want me to use mobile data.

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
so my problem is that my phone does not want to use data connection. When I turn off the wifi and on the mobile data it shows the 3g logo for second but then only a capital h. When I open an app or IE it says that it couldn't connect. I went to my mobile network's site and it shows how to configure my phone to use mobile data but on wp8 and I'm on wp8.1.
Is there anyone who can help to use mobile data on my Ativ S ?

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello AV,

The settings for your internet APN will be similar in 8.1 as they are in 8, though the menu has been changed around a little bit.
In Settings, you will want to go cellular+SIM (it may read mobile+SIM).
From there, scroll down until you see SIM Settings
Scroll down to edit internet APN and put in the information that your network tells you to. You may have to clear the original settings (the trash-can icon at the bottom of the screen) before putting new settings in.
You may have to reboot your device after the settings have changed.

If the information you got from your carrier's website didn't work, I highly recommend checking this resource:
World Wide Mobile Phone Settings

This website has information for WP8, but it can be used for 8.1. Please let me know if this helps, or if you need further assistance.

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! That site helped me a lot, I called my carrier's dedicated service and they couldn't find a solution but thanks to you it's all working fine now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett