12-16-2016 07:34 AM
2,690 12345 ...
tools
    Subscribed to this thread. I have the ATIV S Neo but I feel since they're the same family of devices, any info from the S is good for the Neo. I haven't updated it to 8.1 Dev and im hesitant to since there's no rollback option, unlike for my Nokia. How's the experience on the ATIVs?
    Fine here on my i8750, aside from little issues like the stock camera app and the ringtone and device name amnesia on reboot that it seems to have.
    07-16-2014 04:33 PM
    Fine here on my i8750, aside from little issues like the stock camera app and the ringtone and device name amnesia on reboot that it seems to have.
    Mine is just like that. But I think I read somewhere here on WPCentral that it is not recommended to download the DP on the NEO. It seems that it had a lot of nasty bugs. I don't know if that is still the case.
    07-16-2014 05:47 PM
    Mine is just like that. But I think I read somewhere here on WPCentral that it is not recommended to download the DP on the NEO. It seems that it had a lot of nasty bugs. I don't know if that is still the case.
    Yeah i read something about the SE, because apparently there were some massive stability issues with the Dev Preview. Since there's no straight-forward way to roll back to 8.0, I guess I'll just wait for Samsungs 'alleged' firmware update.
    07-16-2014 05:57 PM
    Considering that the ATIV S is still in its 36 month support cycle I fully expect it to get a firmware update.
    Hey neo158, how's it going bro? :)
    Anyway, yes ATIV S have that 3 years support cycle, but i am bit confused, does it count from the date that was announced August 2012 or the actual released (available) date December 2012? I think is the release date :)
    And for the others: Do not get concerned, ATIV S WILL get the official WP8.1 and all updates that will come later with it :)
    SPIFF Costa, aafa and neo158 like this.
    07-16-2014 06:00 PM
    Subscribed to this thread. I have the ATIV S Neo but I feel since they're the same family of devices, any info from the S is good for the Neo. I haven't updated it to 8.1 Dev and im hesitant to since there's no rollback option, unlike for my Nokia. How's the experience on the ATIVs?
    (For me) getting the 8.1 Dev preview has been like getting a new phone. With the exception of camera glitches and an initial battery drain, my Ativ S works great. I realize that is not the case for everyone, though.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    SPIFF Costa and WinSammie like this.
    07-17-2014 12:06 AM
    My Ativ S works almost perfect now and only bug i have is Loading or resuming but that happens only once in a while.I used to have bugs like battery drain, camera flash, but it's all sorted by hard reset. :)
    WinSammie likes this.
    07-17-2014 02:53 AM
    Hey neo158, how's it going bro? :)
    Anyway, yes ATIV S have that 3 years support cycle, but i am bit confused, does it count from the date that was announced August 2012 or the actual released (available) date December 2012? I think is the release date :)
    And for the others: Do not get concerned, ATIV S WILL get the official WP8.1 and all updates that will come later with it :)
    It's from the release date, so we get support until December 2015.
    Boris NevermorE likes this.
    07-17-2014 04:58 AM
    Dutch as well?

That late? only for local language or also for foreign languages as Dutch
    07-17-2014 05:06 AM
    That means we could expect Windows Phone 9 on Ativ S?
    07-17-2014 05:45 AM
    Most Probably, cuz that was mention once on some MS article, I can't remember which one, but if i find it i will post it here
    07-17-2014 05:46 AM
    Dutch as well?

That late? only for local language or also for foreign languages as Dutch
    I don't quite understand what are you asking for, but if you asking will WP8.1 have dutch version, then YES most probably.
    And the support is International, so will go to any language.
    07-17-2014 05:54 AM
    Unless there is some fantastic spec change for WP9 or it's released after support for the ATIV S has finished then, yes, we will get WP9.
    WinSammie likes this.
    07-17-2014 06:30 AM
    Did any of you guys receive 12400 update? I just checked and it wasn't there.
    07-17-2014 07:50 AM
    I don't have it either but apparently the update has been stopped because of the BitLocker issues with Lumia Cyan.
    07-17-2014 07:53 AM
    I didn't. I think the update was halted due to some problems. We should get the update as soon as Microsoft releases the fix
    07-17-2014 07:54 AM
    I have it, so far no differences seen. Noticed the camera flash bug is only there with horizontal photo's, not with vertical photo's, but that may have been there earlier, explains why the bug seemed to be rather random.

After using it for a day found a payment option in the NFC menu, looks new, and in general scrolling is much smoother.
    Last edited by WinSammie; 07-17-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    07-17-2014 08:24 AM
    Waiting for firmware to fix the ringtone and camera bugs. Other than that, DP is amazing on my Ativ S
    07-17-2014 03:10 PM
    Hi guys.
    I have Samsung Ativ S too, and except camera I don't have any other problems with developer preview version.

I read all comments here and I have two questions:
    As I said previously, my camera doesn't work, it appears black screen on the display and it closes itself. At first with preview version it worked well but after second update the problem showed up. It is really disappointing to have 8mpx camera but cannot use it. So, the question is: Do you have similar problem with yours Ativ S?

My second question is about firmware version. I saw in the other pages that all of you are having different (and newer too) from mine. Mine is 2424.13.5.1 and I have done it all the updates, four or three in fact. Do you have any solution how to install the newest firmware update? Till yesterday my CSC was MBM and yesterday I changed it to NEE, hard reset my phone and I checked for any updates but unlucky, the device didn't find any updates.

Greetings.
    07-18-2014 03:20 PM
    Hi guys.
    I have Samsung Ativ S too, and except camera I don't have any other problems with developer preview version.

I read all comments here and I have two questions:
    As I said previously, my camera doesn't work, it appears black screen on the display and it closes itself. At first with preview version it worked well but after second update the problem showed up. It is really disappointing to have 8mpx camera but cannot use it. So, the question is: Do you have similar problem with yours Ativ S?

My second question is about firmware version. I saw in the other pages that all of you are having different (and newer too) from mine. Mine is 2424.13.5.1 and I have done it all the updates, four or three in fact. Do you have any solution how to install the newest firmware update? Till yesterday my CSC was MBM and yesterday I changed it to NEE, hard reset my phone and I checked for any updates but unlucky, the device didn't find any updates.

Greetings.
    I'm in the exactly same situation as you, so I won't be of any help xD. But I didn't change my CSC because I figured if I had to reset my phone, might as well do it when Windows 8.1 is officially released. I'm guessing that when Samsung releases the firmware it will all even out. I don't think it's really a problem, just play the waiting game
    07-18-2014 03:26 PM
    I have it, so far no differences seen. Noticed the camera flash bug is only there with horizontal photo's, not with vertical photo's, but that may have been there earlier, explains why the bug seemed to be rather random.

After using it for a day found a payment option in the NFC menu, looks new, and in general scrolling is much smoother.
    The Tap to Pay option just needs a Secure SIM to enable it, O2-UK should have them by the end of this month.
    07-18-2014 04:08 PM
    I'm in the exactly same situation as you, so I won't be of any help xD. But I didn't change my CSC because I figured if I had to reset my phone, might as well do it when Windows 8.1 is officially released. I'm guessing that when Samsung releases the firmware it will all even out. I don't think it's really a problem, just play the waiting game
    Naaah, you can be too much help :D
    You have exactly the same firmware version even you have updated every update?
    If YES I can hope for my camera without giving the phone on service. :)
    07-18-2014 04:13 PM
    Naaah, you can be too much help :D
    You have exactly the same firmware version even you have updated every update?
    If YES I can hope for my camera without giving the phone on service. :)
    YES. And my phone says "up to date". When my "camera screen" goes black I turn off the phone and turn it on again and it starts working again. Sometimes it's annoying when I want to take more pictures but it's not that big of a deal and it should be fixed with the next firmware (I'm hoping). I also have a problema with the ringtone if I set a custom one. Whenever I reset my phone the ringtone goes to default. Again, just annoying to change it everytime I turn on my phone, but it's ok.
    07-18-2014 04:22 PM
    YES. And my phone says "up to date". When my "camera screen" goes black I turn off the phone and turn it on again and it starts working again. Sometimes it's annoying when I want to take more pictures but it's not that big of a deal and it should be fixed with the next firmware (I'm hoping). I also have a problema with the ringtone if I set a custom one. Whenever I reset my phone the ringtone goes to default. Again, just annoying to change it everytime I turn on my phone, but it's ok.
    Аbout camera problem - mine is not working at all. When I click on camera icon it opens for a while and closes itself. If I try again it will stay open with all the options (Video, burst and photo) but the display is black.

What the hell is happening with this model?!
    07-18-2014 04:56 PM
    Аbout camera problem - mine is not working at all. When I click on camera icon it opens for a while and closes itself. If I try again it will stay open with all the options (Video, burst and photo) but the display is black.

That's much worse than mine. I never had that problem. My camera never closes itself, just goes black sometimes
    07-18-2014 08:54 PM

After I record a video my camera behaves like yours, but a soft reset (volume down and power switch for > 10 seconds) restores it again. Only this soft reset sometimes causes a scan of the SDcard, but after that's done the SDcard is OK again.
    I wonder if there are more people that have the flash after a horizontal photo and not after a vertical photo? Typically a firmware problem, the position sensor having influence on the flash.
    07-19-2014 05:34 AM
2,690 12345 ...