The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-16-2016 07:34 AM
2,690 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    Hello Neo, Boris,

yes, that`s correct - we are neighbors! I am from Bulgaria, bought the phone 2nd hand, but it was bought from a tech shop, no contract, should be unlocked. This means CSC for me is: Bulgaria: ---> BGL, CMF, GBL, MTE, MTL, OMX, OXX*, PLX, VVT

Thing is - I am not able to change it :( So I am stuck (yet) on the Windows 8, and dont have 8.1.

Guys, is there an app for flashing that can change CSC? Guess I have to go the hard way.

Update: Checked on the bulgarian forum, seems some other guys have the same issue. So this is what I am going to do (the hard way = no sleep for me today).

Download GDR1 - GT-I8750 XXALL3_R_signed.wp8 and CSC for GDR1 -> GT-I8750_OXAALL3_R_SIGNED.csc with ATO included. All this loaded in WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader 3.33.1.

When flashing both GDR1 + CSC the phone will download all the WP8 updates + the firmware to the GDR3 version. Another restart -> some more updates and I should have a shiny new WP8.1 + new sammy firmware (no camera f*ck ups) with the cyan theme.

Cross your fingers :)
    Last edited by velqn; 10-18-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    10-18-2014 05:01 PM
    Thanks, it could be any one of these CMF, GBL, MTE, MTL, OMX, OXX*, PLX, VVT with OXX being SIM Free/Open Market. I'm not familiar with the mobile network names in Bulgaria so I'm not sure which network corresponds to which CSC other than OXX.

This is a good reference for CSC. I believe I posted it before.
    Ok, so far that i can find about Bulgarian Phone Companies:
    - GBL is for GLOBUL
    - MTL is for Mtel
    - VVT is for VivaTel or Vivacom (owned but BTC, Bulgarian Telecommunication Company)

don't know about the others.
    10-18-2014 05:22 PM
    Hello Neo, Boris,

yes, that`s correct - we are neighbors! I am from Bulgaria, bought the phone 2nd hand, but it was bought from a tech shop, no contract, should be unlocked. This means CSC for me is: Bulgaria: ---> BGL, CMF, GBL, MTE, MTL, OMX, OXX*, PLX, VVT

Thing is - I am not able to change it :( So I am stuck (yet) on the Windows 8, and dont have 8.1.

Guys, is there an app for flashing that can change CSC? Guess I have to go the hard way.

Update: Checked on the bulgarian forum, seems some other guys have the same issue. So this is what I am going to do (the hard way = no sleep for me today).

Download GDR1 - GT-I8750 XXALL3_R_signed.wp8 and CSC for GDR1 -> GT-I8750_OXAALL3_R_SIGNED.csc with ATO included. All this loaded in WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader 3.33.1.

When flashing both GDR1 + CSC the phone will download all the WP8 updates + the firmware to the GDR3 version. Another restart -> some more updates and I should have a shiny new WP8.1 + new sammy firmware (no camera f*ck ups) with the cyan theme.

Cross your fingers :)
    So I guess the second hard reset didn't do the trick huh?
    Why you go back to GDR1? browse 5 last pages of this thread, few guys posted how to get back to GDR2, then pick up GDR3 in the process and then WP8.1.1. I think Pappale, maki01, and few others told their own experiences with this, now they all are rocking WP8.1.1 :)
    Don't rush into doing things, read first, do some research, write down some notes, then see which is better option for you and do what you have to do. Remember, quickest solution is not always the best solution. For some might work, but for some others might don't. All i am saying is, take it easy, it's not the end of the world, lol :)
    10-18-2014 05:30 PM
    Boris,

many thanks for the help! Truth is I have been waiting so much for the WP8.1, skipped the DP cause of the bloody camera bull****, so 8.1 is happening, tonight!

Flashed back to GDR1 and look what I have now:)

wp_ss_20141019_0001-1-.png

Seems like the previous owner of the phone flashed a GD3 that was with wiped CSC and/or other system info... Anyway, I hope I will get everything straight now.

All sys info seems to be right where it should be, CSC is the "right" one, let`s roll the dice :)

wp_ss_20141019_0002.png
    10-18-2014 06:12 PM
    Boris,

many thanks for the help! Truth is I have been waiting so much for the WP8.1, skipped the DP cause of the bloody camera bull****, so 8.1 is happening, tonight!

Flashed back to GDR1 and look what I have now:)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20141019_0001 (1).png 
Views:	30 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	85046

Seems like the previous owner of the phone flashed a GD3 that was with wiped CSC and/or other system info... Anyway, I hope I will get everything straight now.

All sys info seems to be right where it should be, CSC is the "right" one, let`s roll the dice :)

Name:	wp_ss_20141019_0002.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	85047
    I don't know if the phone can work without any CSC present. Maybe the previous owner, screwed up something and didn't told you.
    I am glad you get your phone in order, now next step GDR2 and GDR3, then WP8.1.1
    Btw, only 6 different CSC's? i got 40 different CSC's, I guess i am the only one here to have more than 10-15 CSC's on the phone, lol :)
    Glad I helped you :)
    Cheers.
    10-18-2014 06:15 PM
    Now it seems to be rolling :)

wp_ss_20141019_0003.png

On the CSC`s, you are right, I am using a GDR1 that could be "stripped" down, who knows, I really hope now I will get the 8.1. I was little bit tired using fiddler and other proxy to cheat wp store so I will be able to download some Nokia stuff, like Here+, now on 8.1 it should be there... and the volume rocker! and etc :)

Excited!

Btw, the Cortana thing, does it make sense to change location to US (or any other supported)? I am having iOS devices and android devices, but I just used Siri or google Now (voice) for days, then bye, bye...
    10-18-2014 06:37 PM
    Any guesses When 8.1 will be released to the SGH-T899M?
    10-18-2014 06:56 PM
    Any guesses When 8.1 will be released to the SGH-T899M?
    I am on this thread since it's beginning and for i know this is mostly (95%) about ATIV S i8750, since T899M is a variant of ATIV S who is supporting 4G LTE and have FM Radio, two things that are not present on i8750. But if anyone here have information about T899M, will be good to post it. Anyway, have you check the forums for a specific thread about T899M? (I'm to lazy to search now, lol)
    10-18-2014 07:04 PM

Name:	wp_ss_20141019_0003.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	85051

On the CSC`s, you are right, I am using a GDR1 that could be "stripped" down, who knows, I really hope now I will get the 8.1. I was little bit tired using fiddler and other proxy to cheat wp store so I will be able to download some Nokia stuff, like Here+, now on 8.1 it should be there... and the volume rocker! and etc :)

Excited!

Btw, the Cortana thing, does it make sense to change location to US (or any other supported)? I am having iOS devices and android devices, but I just used Siri or google Now (voice) for days, then bye, bye...
    I am expecting full report what you did tonight and i want screenshots from About and Version Information, hehe.
    About Cortana ... I don't know bro, it will cost you nothing to try it. I think you just have to set the Region to US. If you don't like it, change your Region to what you want, it will just soft reset your phone. So, no harm there :)
    10-18-2014 07:06 PM
    I am on this thread since it's beginning and for i know this is mostly (95%) about ATIV S i8750, since T899M is a variant of ATIV S who is supporting 4G LTE and have FM Radio, two things that are not present on i8750. But if anyone here have information about T899M, will be good to post it. Anyway, have you check the forums for a specific thread about T899M? (I'm to lazy to search now, lol)

can't seem to find anything about it, just seems like I am running in circles!
    10-18-2014 07:13 PM
    So I did it. Not problems what so ever and everything is running smoothly. All bugs are gone, UI is much more responsive and smooth (with DP it used to stutter some times when scrolling, not anymore).

Also the camera is focusing better and faster than it was on DP.
    APNs were set automaticly which didn't happen with DP.
    Some apps that I had problems on DP, (like sometimes I had to try several times because they crashed right after opening them) are working fine. Didn't test the Live Lock Screen Beta because I believe that's an app problem and not a firmware one.

As for new features that we didn't have on DP, the pointer above the connection we are using. Not really important but it's still new (at least I didn't have it on DP). I don't remembre this, but when I turn off wi-fi it gives me an option to set the wi-fi to be turned on automaticly within an hour, 4 hours, when i'm near my favourites or mannually. I don't remember if we already had those options. Also when I booted my phone with DP it used to show me the Windows logo with the words "Windows Phone" to the side and right after "Samsung Mobile". Now it just shows me a big Windows logo in the center and then "SAMSUNG". I think that changed already to some people with DP, but this was the first time for me.

In conclusion, in my personal experience everything is running fine and smooth on my end with no complaints what so ever. I used intensly the phone for the last few hours so I could test everything I could remember and to get the battery to die, so I can fully charge (0 to 100). To do a kind of reset to a battery. Not really a reset, more like a calibration.
    DP 8.1.1 has the pointer above the connections, plus the wifi automatic options. Also, all the things you refer are present in DP (except the color of Windows Logo boot). I never felt any problems when scrolling (like freezing or stuttering) neither with camera's focus.

The only problem with DP is that, sometimes, the camara stops working and it needs a restart to work again.
    Last edited by Diogo Filipe; 10-20-2014 at 02:12 PM.
    Stefan Holder likes this.
    10-18-2014 08:13 PM
    Here am I, shining with the new 8.1 Can`t believe I have the action center right now, waited years to get it in iOS, and more years to get it here :)

wp_20141019.png

Boris, Neo, thanks for your help guys! Here`s the report, hope it can help some other folks too.

So, what did I do to fix an apparently empty/missing/not present CSC code from what might have been a bad flash, or partial one.

Issue: Missing CSC code/CSC code cannot be changed
    Previous OS: GDR3 but with missing CSC
    New OS: WP8.1 as per the screenshot
    FIX:
    1. Use WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader 3.33.1 to flash GDR1 rom with CSC=ATO incl. (to get 8.1):
    - flash GT-I8750 XXALL3_R_signed
    - GT-I8750_OXAALL3_R_SIGNED
    2. Phone will update to GDR1
    3. Phone will update to GDR2
    4. Phone will update to GDR3
    5. Phone will update Samsung Firmware + Windows Phone 8.1

All now works fine, camera tested, no issues. Will keep this post updated with my findings.

UPDATE1: Issue with maps - Seems that I am not able to download maps with Maps+, Maps or Here Maps. Also, a big disappointment Here Drive+ costs still 30 EUR :(
    UPDATE1.1: Issue with maps - fixedHad to change date/time from auto to manual, automatic was showing +2 hours difference although set Sofia, E. Europe.
    UPDATE2: Fix Nokia Here Drive+ not available - Had to change location from E. Europe/Bulgaria to US.

p.s. if somebody wants the links for the files, send me a PM.
    Last edited by velqn; 10-18-2014 at 09:14 PM.
    10-18-2014 08:26 PM
    DP 8.1.1 has the the pointer above the connections, plus the wifi automatic options. Also, all the things you refer are present in DP (except the color of Windows Logo boot). I never felt any problems when scrolling (like freezing or stuttering) neither with camera's focus.

The only problem with DP is that, sometimes, the camara stops working and it needs a restart to work again.
    I was talking about my experience. Some thing vary from user to user from what I've seen in this thread (and yes, I read it all since I was here from the beggining). So I didn't have the pointers, had trouble with focus and APN's and had some stuttering when scrolling (no freezing) when I got DP even with 2 or 3 hard resets. So I'm just reporting what changed for me, not what will be changing to all of you. Just to be clear. Abou the wi-fi I said I was not sure since I rarelly turn off my wi-fi, so I didn't really notice if it had that option or not.
    10-18-2014 08:58 PM
    Conclusion: You can charge your ATIV S battery as much as you want and when you want, it will be the same battery life, just don't "die" the battery too often. :)
    Going really off topic here, but this is true.
    Before you had to discharge the battery, this was better for battery life.
    But nowadays you don't need to do this. This is even bad for your battery.
    Just charge it as often you want without discharging it any time.
    This is also written in the manual of your phones.
    Last edited by RoyalX; 10-19-2014 at 12:19 AM.
    10-18-2014 11:55 PM

Name:	WP_20141019.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	85057
    What is that logo on the right of the Wi-Fi?
    About the pointer above the Wi-Fi. Is this a WP8.1 thing or a Samsung thing? I mean does Lumia also have this?

How come your cost for Here Drive+ is €30 and for me it is €40,99
    10-19-2014 12:17 AM
    What is that logo on the right of the Wi-Fi?
    About the pointer above the Wi-Fi. Is this a WP8.1 thing or a Samsung thing? I mean does Lumia also have this?

How come your cost for Here Drive+ is 30 and for me it is 40,99
    Change your region to US and you will see that here drive + is free :)
    Last edited by maki01; 10-19-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    10-19-2014 01:18 AM
    Or UK which I prefer.
    10-19-2014 02:20 AM
    Btw, only 6 different CSC's? i got 40 different CSC's, I guess i am the only one here to have more than 10-15 CSC's on the phone, lol :)
    Glad I helped you :)
    Cheers.
    that's perfectly fine. Mine that came from Amazon.de has those CSCs and that's all. As far as ATO is present, no much of an hassle.. ;)))
    10-19-2014 02:42 AM
    Hello RoyalX,

dont have a clue about the new WiFi logo on WP8.1 - but I asked Google, and here is what I found: Cannot post the link but search for windows phone 8.1 WiFi logo in Google and you will get a link to windows phone site with description of all icons.

So it seems that this WiFi icon with the arrow is: Wi-Fi connection is being used to transfer data. Depending on your mobile operator, you might not see this icon when a Wi-Fi connection is being used to transfer data. This icon only appears on phones that have Windows Phone software version 8.0.10501.127 or later. See How do I update my phone software? for more info on updating your phone.

And yes, like maki01 says, change your region to US and download it for free. Still cannot get Cortana to work, but I dont care.

Regards,
    10-19-2014 02:58 AM
    Thanks velqn

Totally forgot about the Windows Phone instructions website. I've checked the Ativ S manual and this symbol was not there. But this symbol is only for WP8.1

About the Wi-Fi connection with the arrow, it says it appears in SW 8.0.10501.127 and above. That is GDR3. And I am on GDR3 but I haven't got this symbol anytime. But I wonder is it only for outgoing data? And it also says it depends on your provider to see or not to see this symbol. So maybe that is why.
    10-19-2014 04:05 AM
    Anyone discovered new features? I am kinda dissapointed that samsung only offered us bug fixes and not anything new. :(
    10-19-2014 04:29 AM
    So yesterday I flashed my unlocked German Ativ S to GDR2 with ATO CSC, and did the subsequent updates followed by a hard reset. Had to use a Windows 7 PC as the driver didn't install correctly in Windows 8.1.
    Discoveries:
    Flash bug is gone
    Camera no longer crashes while changing between video and camera modes
    Ringtone bug is gone
    APNs now working automatically and flawlessly
    No more strange noises at the end of songs
    No more popping sounds while scrubbing video
    Little arrows indicating wi-fi or data usage
    In general everything is faster

In conclusion, my Ativ S is now working flawlessly and I advise everyone with knowledge to do this procedure. Thank you Samsung for giving new life to this 2012 phone. Now I see no reason to upgrade to the Lumia 830.
    10-19-2014 04:56 AM

Name:	wp_ss_20141019_0003.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	85051

Excited!

LOL
    why did you use GDR1? Update process from GDR1 to WP8.1.1 will be long.. extra long :D
    Next time use GDR2
    10-19-2014 05:21 AM
    Look what i got after hard reset:
    3yspxqb.png
    ppnerr0.png
    10-19-2014 05:36 AM
    Look what i got after hard reset:

Name:	3YSpXQb.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	85083