12-16-2016 07:34 AM
2,690 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    Dunno if I understood what you meant, but I'll say this just to be clear : I have an unbranded Samsung Ativ S with Windows Phone 8.1.1 DP and I got the firmware update yesterday. So anyone running WP DP should NOT downgrade to get this firmware update as it seems they are already rolling it out to DP users.
    I did write what i knew so far, cuz so far the users with DP didn't received the update. But this is a good news that you post, now i know one thing more, since i am still on WP8 GDR3 waiting to see if NEE CSC will get the new update, cuz i see that many users have that CSC instead of ATO. Thank you for brought that out, but i still have one question:
    - Are you 100% sure that that is official Samsung firmware update and not another MS DP update? Can you confirm?
    I think neo158 can confirm this update too, since he is still on DP if i am correct.
    Anyway, Dragone, can you post screenshots from your phone providing us with OS version, Firmware Revision Number and Bootloader Number? Don't write them here, just make a screenshot. :)
    If this is true, then this is an awesome news guys (for the one on DP) :)
    10-23-2014 09:27 PM
    Attachment 85470

I have wp 8.1.1 DP (CSC ATO) and today i receive a fw update, after update i receive again the microsoft update 8.10.14176.243 DP.

Attachment 85471

After update app Diagnosis don't work, i need desistall and install again (##634#) and have a new version Diagnosis_Ody81.
    Wow, i was just answering to Dragone and requested a screenshots from him for confirmation and BAM, you posted this, LOL.
    This is good, very good news. Now all that have this like Dragone & Pedro Nogueira1, we are expecting to give us a good feedback, what's working, what's not, impressions, blah blah blah.
    But since PfD is getting update, then neo158 will get that too, so we expect confirmation and thoughts from him too. :)
    10-23-2014 09:33 PM
    Don't know if you read the latest Windows Central news, but they do mention about a "critical update" for users running WP8.1 PfD.
    Maybe what you get is this update mention in Windows Central article below:
    'Critical update' available for those in the Windows Phone Preview for Developers program | Windows Central
    10-23-2014 10:02 PM
    Attachment 85470

I have wp 8.1.1 DP (CSC ATO) and today i receive a fw update, after update i receive again the microsoft update 8.10.14176.243 DP.

Attachment 85471

After update app Diagnosis don't work, i need desistall and install again (##634#) and have a new version Diagnosis_Ody81.
    I can confirm camera, ringtone, phone name, bluetooth + wifi bugs solved.
    Globally the phone works faster.
    Battery life is the same.
    10-24-2014 12:13 AM
    I have a unlocked Ativ S purchased in Hong Kong. I am subscribed to a Hong Kong mobile provider.

It now running
    -WP 8 GDR3 (updated using instructions from this forum)
    -CSC: TGY
    -Firmware rev:2608.13.01.1
    -Not registered it for Developer Preview.

A fews days ago I got an update notifcation, does anyone know if this is for WP8.1 update 1 + samsung firmware?

I noticed my Firmware rev:2608.13.01.1 is a lot different from the ones reported in the previous threads. Does anyone know why?

I am bit reluctant to download and try it out as I messed it my phone in April with the WP 8.1 Developer Preview. After upgrading it rebooted continuously after every 2 minutes.I had to take it back to Samsung to flash it back to WP 8.

wp_ss_20141024_0001.png
    wp_ss_20141024_0002.png
    10-24-2014 12:20 AM
    I have a unlocked Ativ S purchased in Hong Kong. I am subscribed to a Hong Kong mobile provider.

It now running

A fews days ago I got an update notifcation, does anyone know if this is for WP8.1 update 1 + samsung firmware?

I noticed my Firmware rev:2608.13.01.1 is a lot different from the ones reported in the previous threads. Does anyone know why?

I am bit reluctant to download and try it out as I messed it my phone in April with the WP 8.1 Developer Preview. After upgrading it rebooted continuously after every 2 minutes.I had to take it back to Samsung to flash it back to WP 8.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20141024_0001.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	85491
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20141024_0002.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	85492
    That in the screenshot you provided is WP8 GDR3.
    10-24-2014 12:46 AM
    try to reverse to GDR2 and change CSC to ETL, will get GDR3 with a new firmware (as myself) 2424.14.6.1, and after that you have 3 choises:
    1) stay on ETL and wait original update from Samasung (as myself)
    2) move on ATO ang get update from Samsung
    3) go on DfP and get the new updates, I understand is new firmware on DfP updates
    I don't get the point, if you've seen my previous posts I did almost everything. can you please explain to me what good switching to ETL will do?
    because moving on ATO as i already wrote did not help with my camera issue in 8.1, Dprev. also can't solve it
    10-24-2014 02:26 AM
    I don't get the point, if you've seen my previous posts I did almost everything. can you please explain to me what good switching to ETL will do?
    because moving on ATO as i already wrote did not help with my camera issue in 8.1, Dprev. also can't solve it
    1) As I told you, on ETL you get a different firmware with 8.0 GDR3 and maybe a new firmware update to 8.1 from Samsung will be different
    2) are you instal the new firmware on dev prev? (mention by Dragone & Pedro Nogueira1)
    10-24-2014 02:50 AM

It now running

your firmware is a version for Hong Kong, of course is different from European firmware
    new update is an official update from Samsung (since you are not on Dev Preview), you can update your phone without worries
    10-24-2014 02:58 AM
    Don't know if you read the latest Windows Central news, but they do mention about a "critical update" for users running WP8.1 PfD.
    Maybe what you get is this update mention in Windows Central article below:
    'Critical update' available for those in the Windows Phone Preview for Developers program | Windows Central
    About that, i am on official 8.1, should i register it to PfD to install that critical update as i assume Samsung didn't include it?
    10-24-2014 04:45 AM
    About that, i am on official 8.1, should i register it to PfD to install that critical update as i assume Samsung didn't include it?
    no, if we need it Samsung will release it on the official channel
    megadragon998 likes this.
    10-24-2014 05:03 AM
    Well it took them a while to release this update lol :D
    10-24-2014 05:43 AM
    no, if we need it Samsung will release it on the official channel
    That is Microsoft update, OS related, not firmware related (samsung or nokia) and it's only for people on PfD, as much as i understand it! But maybe i am wrong, i don't know. :)
    10-24-2014 06:40 AM
    I can't seem to change the CSC. I can get in the option menu though. I have dbt now, but want ATO which is listed.

When i click ATO, it asks to hard reset. i press OK, but then nothing happens. I keep in that screen. Going back using the back button does nothing. When i go back to the diagnosis it's back to DBT.

anyone any clue?
    10-24-2014 08:04 AM
    I can't seem to change the CSC. I can get in the option menu though. I have dbt now, but want ATO which is listed.

When i click ATO, it asks to hard reset. i press OK, but then nothing happens. I keep in that screen. Going back using the back button does nothing. When i go back to the diagnosis it's back to DBT.

anyone any clue?
    Uninstall diagnosis, Soft reset your phone (power off/power on), install Diagnosis again and then try to change CSC and see if it prompt you with hard reseting your phone. Then come back and told me what happen. If this doesn't succeed, we will try another method.
    tharealmb87 likes this.
    10-24-2014 08:14 AM

anyone any clue?
    Select ATO then manually hard reset from the settings menu. This has been an issue with DfP on the Ativ from the first release of 8.1
    SPIFF Costa and tharealmb87 like this.
    10-24-2014 08:35 AM
    Well thats just weird...

i did what you said. I start diagnosis again... And now it says the current CSC is ATO. But that isn't possible because it did not hard-reset.

The issue remains the same. I choose a CSC. Then it asks: Conformation: DBT CSC Selected. Do you want reset phone automatically?

i press OK... nothing happens.
    10-24-2014 08:39 AM
    Select ATO then manually hard reset from the settings menu. This has been an issue with DfP on the Ativ from the first release of 8.1
    He didn't mention that he is on DfP, so i am assuming he is still on WP8 GDR3. Let's see what happen first then we can try to help him with other methods :)
    10-24-2014 08:41 AM
    Thanks! did your steps and i THINK i'm now installing 8.1 for real now.

He didn't mention that he is on DfP, so i am assuming he is still on WP8 GDR3. Let's see what happen first then we can try to help him with other methods :)
    I guess i should have mentioned that.... but yeah i was on DfP. So selecting and then manually resetting did the trick.

And i'm still on DfP it seems. Did get one small update about languages. I guess all i can do now is wait for the official update.
    10-24-2014 09:14 AM
    1) As I told you, on ETL you get a different firmware with 8.0 GDR3 and maybe a new firmware update to 8.1 from Samsung will be different
    2) are you instal the new firmware on dev prev? (mention by Dragone & Pedro Nogueira1)
    did not work out for me :(
    reverted to gdr2 ETL, then updated to gdr3 with the firmware you mentioned, after that could not switch to ATO as could not activate diagnosis menu (first time since i have this phone) so i installed DP and upgraded via that to 8.1 and no camera again
    10-24-2014 09:37 AM
    It is not a critical update. It was a test of the Critical Update system, but the payload delivered was just bug fixes and nothing super important.
    10-24-2014 09:37 AM
    Still no mention of the update on the Windows Central frontpage.. :P
    Did anyone tip the crew on this yet? A lot of Ativ users out there, that might not notice the update..
    We're looking to post something but TBH, this is confusing as hell for general audiences. Try explaining to the masses "Make sure you check your CSC first, because only ATO devices are getting it!" I mean, 99.5% are going to be "like, WTF does that even mean", lol.

Also, I have an unlocked ATIV S, not even sure the CSC and I have not gotten the update either (not on DP, but on GDR3). This news seems very incomplete at this point.
    10-24-2014 09:47 AM
    did not work out for me :(
    reverted to gdr2 ETL, then updated to gdr3 with the firmware you mentioned, after that could not switch to ATO as could not activate diagnosis menu (first time since i have this phone) so i installed DP and upgraded via that to 8.1 and no camera again
    strange, I can open diagnosis menu (but I don't have ATO CSC, neither before update I had ATO)
    p.s. with 8.1 via DP you get a new firmware?
    10-24-2014 10:08 AM
    We're looking to post something but TBH, this is confusing as hell for general audiences. Try explaining to the masses "Make sure you check your CSC first, because only ATO devices are getting it!" I mean, 99.5% are going to be "like, WTF does that even mean", lol.

Also, I have an unlocked ATIV S, not even sure the CSC and I have not gotten the update either (not on DP, but on GDR3). This news seems very incomplete at this point.
    Holy crap, Daniel Rubino itself on our thread, what an honor, thanks Daniel. :)
    Anyway, the thing is that this is happening for the phones running on ATO and we send so many emails to Samsung officials here and there and we still haven't got any proper answer so we can spread the news and write to you guys about it. Maybe cuz we are ordinary users so they don't give a crap about us. Yes, they did answer something but that was rather generic auto-response. Maybe if someone from the Windows Central officials contact them, they might consider getting us a proper answer. Just a thought.
    And, we know this is not a news for the main page of Windows Central, but it would be good if they make it a Sticky thread so people can easily reach the thread. But it's ok, thank you for dropping by Daniel :)
    SPIFF Costa likes this.
    10-24-2014 10:10 AM
    Holy crap, Daniel Rubino itself on our thread, what an honor, thanks Daniel. :)
    Anyway, the thing is that this is happening for the phones running on ATO and we send so many emails to Samsung officials here and there and we still haven't got any proper answer so we can spread the news and write to you guys about it. Maybe cuz we are ordinary users so they don't give a crap about us. Yes, they did answer something but that was rather generic auto-response. Maybe if someone from the Windows Central officials contact them, they might consider getting us a proper answer. Just a thought.
    And, we know this is not a news for the main page of Windows Central, but it would be good if they make it a Sticky thread so people can easily reach the thread. But it's ok, thank you for dropping by Daniel :)
    Lol, no problem. I'm writing an article right now for the front-page, just trying to bring some of the jargon down a bit for regular people. There's lots of explaining, lol.

Re: Contacting Samsung, unfortunately even we do not have good contacts with them. They operate very differently than say Microsoft/Nokia or even HTC.
    10-24-2014 10:19 AM
2,690 ... 4546474849 ...