Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
So my phone is fully charged and it shows 1 day and 15 hours of battery remaing. So I think there was some battery improvement from the DP, but as Boris explained I will be able to really see that for sure by using it for a coulple of weeks. Here's a screenshot:
wp_ss_20141018_0001.png

velqn

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Post here:
- OS Version
- Firmware Revision Number
- Bootloader version
You know where to find them (Settings, About Phone)

Alternatively: Uninstall Diagnosis App, Restart your phone (Soft Reset, turn off-turn on). In dial pad type ##634# , wait for about 5 seconds, go back and see if Diagnosis App is installed in App List. Open Diagnosis app and type *#78*598031 or *#321647335 (it's the same), then it will open CSC Converter Odyssey_121205, you should be able to see your current CSC.

Thanks Boris!

Uninstalled diag, soft reset -> reinstalled diag -> same result, info bellow:

WP_20141018.png

WP_20141018 1.png

Wondering why that might occur, perhaps I should hard reset, waiting for suggestions. Seems I have installed 8.0.10532.166 on the road to 8.1 but there I am now...

Did re-isntall the preview for developers app, enrolled back in the program, now there is an update ready for me to install, cant see what it is but there is a high chance I get the 8.1 DP which is not a good idea.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I can report that, starting from official CSC DBT WP8.0 GDR3 (got 7 days ago, finally) I switched to CSC ATO, hard reset, and had straight the double updates to WP8.1.1
No need to flash anything.

Never touched PfD with this device, mind you.

So far, so good. ;)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Boris!

Uninstalled diag, soft reset -> reinstalled diag -> same result, info bellow:

View attachment 85035

View attachment 85036

Wondering why that might occur, perhaps I should hard reset, waiting for suggestions.

Thanks!
Ok, i can see that you are on WP8 GDR3, so, if that didn't help, i'm afraid you will have to hard reset to see if the CSC list will appeal. there is a trick how to see your current CSC, but it's just that, to see. To be able, to see the CSC List, i think you should hard reset your phone (at least i would do that). Maybe if the other guys here have the solution for this (maybe neo158), should jump in to help you.
Now, if you want to see what's your current CSC do the following:
- Open Diagnosis and type this *#1234#, this will open Extended Software Version (will attach picture bellow to see)
- You will see in the field default CSC what is your current CSC.
wp_ss_20140328_0001.png

velqn

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Boris!

I think that I am definitely going for the hard reset now. :) Will keep you posted.

wp_ss_20141019_0001.png

Update: Oh, gosh, even after the hard reset... there is no CSC info, really, really strange :(

Now did this from the diag app -> *2767*3855# - Full Reset (Caution every stored data will be deleted.) let`s see.

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Boris!

I think that I am definitely going for the hard reset now. :) Will keep you posted.

View attachment 85040

Update: Oh, gosh, even after the hard reset... there is no CSC info, really, really strange :(

Now did this from the diag app -> *2767*3855# - Full Reset (Caution every stored data will be deleted.) let`s see.
Velqn, that code is the same as hard reset you will do from Settings>About>Reset Phone. If that didn't helped you, I doubt *2767*3855# will do, cuz that's the exact code for Reset Phone which can be found in About Phone. But, let's see whats happen, sometimes 2-3 hard resets helps. (fingers crossed)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Boris!

View attachment 85040

Interestingly I've got no idea what's going on there either, which country are you from and did you buy it SIM Free or from a network, if you can tell me that then I can find the CSC for you?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
He is from Bulgaria, my east neighbor country :)

Thanks, it could be any one of these CMF, GBL, MTE, MTL, OMX, OXX*, PLX, VVT with OXX being SIM Free/Open Market. I'm not familiar with the mobile network names in Bulgaria so I'm not sure which network corresponds to which CSC other than OXX.

This is a good reference for CSC. I believe I posted it before.

velqn

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello Neo, Boris,

yes, that`s correct - we are neighbors! I am from Bulgaria, bought the phone 2nd hand, but it was bought from a tech shop, no contract, should be unlocked. This means CSC for me is: Bulgaria: ---> BGL, CMF, GBL, MTE, MTL, OMX, OXX*, PLX, VVT

Thing is - I am not able to change it :( So I am stuck (yet) on the Windows 8, and dont have 8.1.

Guys, is there an app for flashing that can change CSC? Guess I have to go the hard way.

Update: Checked on the bulgarian forum, seems some other guys have the same issue. So this is what I am going to do (the hard way = no sleep for me today).

Download GDR1 - GT-I8750 XXALL3_R_signed.wp8 and CSC for GDR1 -> GT-I8750_OXAALL3_R_SIGNED.csc with ATO included. All this loaded in WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader 3.33.1.

When flashing both GDR1 + CSC the phone will download all the WP8 updates + the firmware to the GDR3 version. Another restart -> some more updates and I should have a shiny new WP8.1 + new sammy firmware (no camera f*ck ups) with the cyan theme.

Cross your fingers :)

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, it could be any one of these CMF, GBL, MTE, MTL, OMX, OXX*, PLX, VVT with OXX being SIM Free/Open Market. I'm not familiar with the mobile network names in Bulgaria so I'm not sure which network corresponds to which CSC other than OXX.

This is a good reference for CSC. I believe I posted it before.
Ok, so far that i can find about Bulgarian Phone Companies:
- GBL is for GLOBUL
- MTL is for Mtel
- VVT is for VivaTel or Vivacom (owned but BTC, Bulgarian Telecommunication Company)

don't know about the others.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello Neo, Boris,

yes, that`s correct - we are neighbors! I am from Bulgaria, bought the phone 2nd hand, but it was bought from a tech shop, no contract, should be unlocked. This means CSC for me is: Bulgaria: ---> BGL, CMF, GBL, MTE, MTL, OMX, OXX*, PLX, VVT

Thing is - I am not able to change it :( So I am stuck (yet) on the Windows 8, and dont have 8.1.

Guys, is there an app for flashing that can change CSC? Guess I have to go the hard way.

Update: Checked on the bulgarian forum, seems some other guys have the same issue. So this is what I am going to do (the hard way = no sleep for me today).

Download GDR1 - GT-I8750 XXALL3_R_signed.wp8 and CSC for GDR1 -> GT-I8750_OXAALL3_R_SIGNED.csc with ATO included. All this loaded in WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader 3.33.1.

When flashing both GDR1 + CSC the phone will download all the WP8 updates + the firmware to the GDR3 version. Another restart -> some more updates and I should have a shiny new WP8.1 + new sammy firmware (no camera f*ck ups) with the cyan theme.

Cross your fingers :)
So I guess the second hard reset didn't do the trick huh?
Why you go back to GDR1? browse 5 last pages of this thread, few guys posted how to get back to GDR2, then pick up GDR3 in the process and then WP8.1.1. I think Pappale, maki01, and few others told their own experiences with this, now they all are rocking WP8.1.1 :)
Don't rush into doing things, read first, do some research, write down some notes, then see which is better option for you and do what you have to do. Remember, quickest solution is not always the best solution. For some might work, but for some others might don't. All i am saying is, take it easy, it's not the end of the world, lol :)

velqn

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Boris,

many thanks for the help! Truth is I have been waiting so much for the WP8.1, skipped the DP cause of the bloody camera bull****, so 8.1 is happening, tonight!

Flashed back to GDR1 and look what I have now:)

wp_ss_20141019_0001 (1).png

Seems like the previous owner of the phone flashed a GD3 that was with wiped CSC and/or other system info... Anyway, I hope I will get everything straight now.

All sys info seems to be right where it should be, CSC is the "right" one, let`s roll the dice :)

wp_ss_20141019_0002.png

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Boris,

many thanks for the help! Truth is I have been waiting so much for the WP8.1, skipped the DP cause of the bloody camera bull****, so 8.1 is happening, tonight!

Flashed back to GDR1 and look what I have now:)

View attachment 85046

Seems like the previous owner of the phone flashed a GD3 that was with wiped CSC and/or other system info... Anyway, I hope I will get everything straight now.

All sys info seems to be right where it should be, CSC is the "right" one, let`s roll the dice :)

View attachment 85047

I don't know if the phone can work without any CSC present. Maybe the previous owner, screwed up something and didn't told you.
I am glad you get your phone in order, now next step GDR2 and GDR3, then WP8.1.1
Btw, only 6 different CSC's? i got 40 different CSC's, I guess i am the only one here to have more than 10-15 CSC's on the phone, lol :)
Glad I helped you :)
Cheers.

velqn

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Now it seems to be rolling :)

wp_ss_20141019_0003.png

On the CSC`s, you are right, I am using a GDR1 that could be "stripped" down, who knows, I really hope now I will get the 8.1. I was little bit tired using fiddler and other proxy to cheat wp store so I will be able to download some Nokia stuff, like Here+, now on 8.1 it should be there... and the volume rocker! and etc :)

Excited!

Btw, the Cortana thing, does it make sense to change location to US (or any other supported)? I am having iOS devices and android devices, but I just used Siri or google Now (voice) for days, then bye, bye...

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Any guesses When 8.1 will be released to the SGH-T899M?
I am on this thread since it's beginning and for i know this is mostly (95%) about ATIV S i8750, since T899M is a variant of ATIV S who is supporting 4G LTE and have FM Radio, two things that are not present on i8750. But if anyone here have information about T899M, will be good to post it. Anyway, have you check the forums for a specific thread about T899M? (I'm to lazy to search now, lol)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Now it seems to be rolling :)

View attachment 85051

On the CSC`s, you are right, I am using a GDR1 that could be "stripped" down, who knows, I really hope now I will get the 8.1. I was little bit tired using fiddler and other proxy to cheat wp store so I will be able to download some Nokia stuff, like Here+, now on 8.1 it should be there... and the volume rocker! and etc :)

Excited!

Btw, the Cortana thing, does it make sense to change location to US (or any other supported)? I am having iOS devices and android devices, but I just used Siri or google Now (voice) for days, then bye, bye...

I am expecting full report what you did tonight and i want screenshots from About and Version Information, hehe.
About Cortana ... I don't know bro, it will cost you nothing to try it. I think you just have to set the Region to US. If you don't like it, change your Region to what you want, it will just soft reset your phone. So, no harm there :)

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I am on this thread since it's beginning and for i know this is mostly (95%) about ATIV S i8750, since T899M is a variant of ATIV S who is supporting 4G LTE and have FM Radio, two things that are not present on i8750. But if anyone here have information about T899M, will be good to post it. Anyway, have you check the forums for a specific thread about T899M? (I'm to lazy to search now, lol)

can't seem to find anything about it, just seems like I am running in circles!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium