Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes you also have some points there, sorry if I was rude, I didnt mean to be. About the DP and warranty I meant more in general, people seem to be confused so often about that and I know other people read this also besides you. Thats why Im also saying about the flash process, many seem to be wanting this. There seems to be new topic about it every few days, also I was PM'ed 2 days ago for instructions . Its best if people dont say "Samsung does not have a flash tool" etc, because then people think it not possible.

Flashing the Ativ-S does not need interop unlock.

Here is the link to my post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-using-8-1-developer-preview.html#post2543567

I actually thought the tool is official from Samsung, but not really meant for general public. Now that you sais and liooking at it, I guess it not official downloader. However it works 100%, I flashed my Ativ-S many times.

If someone wants to flash; few things to remember: Always when flashing anything (or update your computers bios) are in danger of bricking your device. However its simple, dont interupt the flash process, follow instructions and you will be totally fine. If you are not sure about tomething, look it up (or ask someone) before flashing.

Like I write in my post, I wasnt able to get the driver working in Windows 8 PC, I needed a Windows 7. I have read, that people were able to flash with Windows 8 also, but I didnt.

If the links in my post dont work, search the web for the files, they are found in manny places. I also have the officialAtiv-S GDR2 and GDR3 firmwares, so if for some reason these cant be found, I can upload to my SkyDrive.

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Alright, now we are talking as we should. :)
Thanks for the links, and it will be nice if you upload the GDR2 and GDR3 firmwares somewhere, i know many people got stuck with GDR1 and GDR2 firmwares, and they can really use it now that we know that this flashing process doesn't require an interop unlock, like most of the previous methods did.
If you upload them (GDR2 and GDR3), update your post with those links and I will post those links along with the flashing process to the threads where those people were asking for them. Let's help those people.
About needing Win 7 for the process, can you make your computer dual boot? Like one part to be Win 8 and the other Win 7? my brother in law make this dual boot on his lap top and he is running Win 8.1 and Win 7 on the lap top. The only thing is when you need to switch to Win 7 or Win 8, you have to reboot your PC. :)

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Dario Sacchi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, Yesterday I wrote to italian Samsung technical support to ask about the release of wp8.1 and firmware update for ativ s.
They sayd that they currently have not yet received any official communication about... .
Someone else has heard from other technical support?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
The roms are uploading. There is also the usb-driver and 3 versions of the flashtool. All 3 seem to work, I just have seen them an took them if later needed (maybe latest build is the best). https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...6&authkey=!AC1Sa_MQ-ZVwPQ0&ithint=folder,.msi

Look here for instructions how to use the flashtool etc: Samsung Ativ S I8750 (WP8) Hard Reset tutorial, firmware and flashing guide - GSM-Forum

Thanks man. i will compile these days some kind of tutorial with the links and will address later people who need this to that post or thread (whatever i make). Just one question to be sure, in those CSC files, do they have ATO or NEE CSC's? And does this method works only for the international ATIV S GT-i8750 or it works for the canadian version ATIV S SGH-T899M too?
I think, since it's the same phone, it should work, but what confuses me is that only canadian version SGH-T899M has the LTE capability, while the others don't

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
The other difference between them is sgh-t899m has 16gb of storage while the hspa versions come either 16 or 32 gb or storage. Dont think they pulled a focus this time around(eg. Supplementing one brand of ram/nand for another)

Cant believe the amount of space left after a factory reset on gdr3 11gb since they preloaded bing apps to the rom

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The other difference between them is sgh-t899m has 16gb of storage while the hspa versions come either 16 or 32 gb or storage. Dont think they pulled a focus this time around(eg. Supplementing one brand of ram/nand for another)

Cant believe the amount of space left after a factory reset on gdr3 11gb since they preloaded bing apps to the rom

Actually the HSPA version only comes with 16GB of storage as well, the 32GB version was never released.

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Guess 1st batch didn't sell aswell like it didnt here in Canada(due to them not ordering enough aside from bell hording them pretty much at full price still or people waiting for a 32gb edition)
Let me guess does it use micro sim aswell?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Guess 1st batch didn't sell aswell like it didnt here in Canada(due to them not ordering enough aside from bell hording them pretty much at full price still or people waiting for a 32gb edition)
Let me guess does it use micro sim aswell?

Yeah, the only difference between the t899m and i8750 versions is the t899m has LTE.

paul606

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
quick acces menu, with wifi, location, airplane mode and brightness; more tiles in your screen (although they have to become smaller to fit, looks ok though); the video mode on your camera might have a bug. mine does. you can record stuff, but when you close the camera app and open it again, it might not work. a soft reset is needed. also, your battery runs out faster. I have 8.1 DP on a T899M model, and I like it very much, and the phone looks great with transparent tiles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss