These are the CSC codes that I have on my phone:

GLB
    SMA
    XME
    XSE
    XSP
    XTC
    XTE

Do you know any of them? Which one do you think I need to try first? I was reading some of the posts and seems like the ones that start with "X" don't really help.

Thx again for your input
    11-16-2014 11:17 PM
    Hi Boris:

These are the CSC codes that I have on my phone:

GLB
    SMA
    XME
    XSE
    XSP
    XTC
    XTE

Do you know any of them? Which one do you think I need to try first? I was reading some of the posts and seems like the ones that start with "X" don't really help.

Thx again for your input
    Hmmm, this is f*cked up, If i am correct, then:
    GLB - Philippines
    SMA - Philippines
    XME - Malaysia
    XSE - Indonesia
    XSP - Singapore
    XTC - Philippines
    XTE - Philippines
    Well, don't know what to advise you now my friend. You have 4 CSC's that are Philippines and 1 CSC each for Indonesia, Malasyia and Singapore. Let's try this order: XSP, XSE, XME and then try each of the 4 Philippines CSC's (you choose in which order). At least you don't have to try 20 different (like I did), you need to check just 7. :) If any of those doesn't pick up the newest Samsung firmware, then we go to flashing. But when we come to that, we will discus then. :)
    Kambiz IranParast likes this.
    11-17-2014 12:48 AM
    Thank you Boris.

Just one final question. I remember a while back in the forum a guy had messed up his phone by flashing too many ROMS on it.

Hard resetting as a result of changing the CSC code doesn't have the same effect. Does it?

Will report back.
    Boris NevermorE likes this.
    11-17-2014 01:19 AM
    Hard resetting as a result of changing the CSC code doesn't have the same effect. Does it?
    I guess not, since Boris already did this 20 times.
    With that guy it only occured with flashing Roms too many time.

Ok guys, I did finish my findings about official WP8.1.1 on my ATIV S i8750, so I am thinking what would be better, to post it here or to open a new thread in this Samsung ATIV S sub-forum? The text is pretty much long for reading, so let me know what you think I should do :)
    A new thread please, as I mentioned this before. And as it is long to read -> new thread please.
    Call it "findings about WP8.1.1" So that others can reply too with their own findings.

Thanks.
    11-17-2014 02:54 AM
    I guess not, since Boris already did this 20 times.

A new thread please, as I mentioned this before. And as it is long to read -> new thread please.
    Call it "findings about WP8.1.1" So that others can reply too with their own findings.

Thanks.
    Thx very much
    11-17-2014 02:56 AM
    Thank you Boris.

Just one final question. I remember a while back in the forum a guy had messed up his phone by flashing too many ROMS on it.

Will report back.
    No, hard reset is not the same as flashing. Hard reset is just getting your phone into factory settings. Other than that, hard reseting is also used after flashing a new ROM, cuz hard reseting is helping get rid of the leftovers from the previous ROM, so new files from the new ROM doesn't caused some conflict or similar causing the phone to act strange. Flashing on the other hand is writing on the "hard disk" of the phone, simple example: get a piece of paper and on a same spot draw something with a pencil and then erase and then write again, erase again.... do that around 20-30 times, what will happen to that piece of paper to that exact spot you been writing and erasing? That spot will become weak, and every next time you write on that spot, you risk tearing the paper there. Well, it's pretty much the same with flashing. :)
    As RoyalX told you, i did hard reseting my phone over 20 times, the phone is just fine working perfectly :)
    11-17-2014 03:44 AM
    No, hard reset is not the same as flashing. Hard reset is just getting your phone into factory settings. Other than that, hard reseting is also used after flashing a new ROM, cuz hard reseting is helping get rid of the leftovers from the previous ROM, so new files from the new ROM doesn't caused some conflict or similar causing the phone to act strange. Flashing on the other hand is writing on the "hard disk" of the phone, simple example: get a piece of paper and on a same spot draw something with a pencil and then erase and then write again, erase again.... do that around 20-30 times, what will happen to that piece of paper to that exact spot you been writing and erasing? That spot will become weak, and every next time you write on that spot, you risk tearing the paper there. Well, it's pretty much the same with flashing. :)
    As RoyalX told you, i did hard reseting my phone over 20 times, the phone is just fine working perfectly :)
    Thx very much Boris
    11-17-2014 03:54 AM

Thanks.
    OK, a new thread it is. Now we just need a good name that will held the subject for a long time.
    Findings about WP8.1.1. is good but will it be better if we narrow it just for ATIV S? For example "Finings about WP8.1.1 on ATIV S"?.
    Doesn't matter if it's i8750 or T899M, and of course it will be written in the opening post that this is a thread where people who got official WP8.1.1 (PfD or Non PfD) can share their experiences. likes, dislikes, etc.
    Here are my other suggestions for a thread name:
    - Your Experiences With The WP8.1.1 on ATIV S
    - Your WP8.1.1 Experience on ATIV S
    - Your Thoughts About WP8.1.1 on ATIV S
    (too much of the "Your" word huh? hehe)
    11-17-2014 03:59 AM
    OK, a new thread it is. Now we just need a good name that will held the subject for a long time.
    Findings about WP8.1.1. is good but will it be better if we narrow it just for ATIV S? For example "Finings about WP8.1.1 on ATIV S"?.
    Doesn't matter if it's i8750 or T899M, and of course it will be written in the opening post that this is a thread where people who got official WP8.1.1 (PfD or Non PfD) can share their experiences. likes, dislikes, etc.
    Here are my other suggestions for a thread name:
    - Your Experiences With The WP8.1.1 on ATIV S
    - Your WP8.1.1 Experience on ATIV S
    - Your Thoughts About WP8.1.1 on ATIV S
    (too much of the "Your" word huh? hehe)
    "Your WP8.1.1 Experience on ATIV S" would be nice, short, sweet and to the point.

Thx for the contribution
    11-17-2014 04:25 AM
    PM me if you need a copy.
    I've PM'd you.
    11-17-2014 05:02 AM
    I've tried switching CSCs, but the phone does not perform a hard reset afterwards, despite warning that it will. When I return to the Diagnosis app, even after restarting the phone, the CSC is listed as whatever I have switched it to. However, despite trying several of these, it has not offered the update to the latest firmware when I check for updates, even days later.

I have a GT-i8750 running PfD (OS: 8.10.14203.306 FW: 2424.13.5.1). It was purchased at retail in Germany (not from a carrier) and the CSC choices are ATO, BTU, DBT (the original setting), ITV, XEF, and XEO.
    11-17-2014 05:14 AM
    Last week my phone on PfD received the latest firmware.
    CSC= PHN
    Now on 2424.14.9.3
    11-17-2014 05:16 AM
    11-17-2014 05:27 AM
    I've tried switching CSCs, but the phone does not perform a hard reset afterwards, despite warning that it will. When I return to the Diagnosis app, even after restarting the phone, the CSC is listed as whatever I have switched it to. However, despite trying several of these, it has not offered the update to the latest firmware when I check for updates, even days later.

I have a GT-i8750 running PfD (OS: 8.10.14203.306 FW: 2424.13.5.1). It was purchased at retail in Germany (not from a carrier) and the CSC choices are ATO, BTU, DBT (the original setting), ITV, XEF, and XEO.
    CSC's confirmed to get the firmware on PfD are ATO and BTU, you tried them first or?
    11-17-2014 05:33 AM
    Last week my phone on PfD received the latest firmware.
    CSC= PHN
    Now on 2424.14.9.3
    Alright, guess we can add another CSC on the list of CSC's getting the latest firmware for ATIV S's on PfD.
    So far are: ATO, BTU & PHN.
    Thanks Driesb :)
    11-17-2014 05:39 AM
    My wifes crc is no longer relevant after she left her ATIV S outside a pharmacy this sunday and we only managed to find after one hour in the rain and a couple or two cars running over it. Surprisingly, it still rings when I call it...
    11-17-2014 07:42 AM
    CSC's confirmed to get the firmware on PfD are ATO and BTU, you tried them first or?
    Sorry, should have made this clearer. Yes, tried both of these. Phone warned me it would reset, I agreed, it didn't, though the CSCs changed.
    11-17-2014 08:41 AM
    Sorry, should have made this clearer. Yes, tried both of these. Phone warned me it would reset, I agreed, it didn't, though the CSCs changed.
    Just in case, try to manually hard reset it and then see what happens.
    11-17-2014 09:14 AM
    Just in case, try to manually hard reset it and then see what happens.
    Let's see what happens with motel75 before I hard reset mine by changing the csc. Seems like in his case even changing the CSC to the ones that supposedly work, doesn't do anything.

By the way, how do I get to post screenshots in this forum? This is my 11th post and I still don't get any option to post screenshots on the forum.

Thx very much
    11-17-2014 09:30 AM
    Hi Boris,
    I am finally able to upload my "about" page and the "CSC" code page. Take a look at my "about" page please. Have you ever seen a FW like that? Am I on GDR2 but using PFD?
    Thanks

adobephotoshopexpress_3a585f04d094420a9654902bb291be7d.jpg

wp_ss_20141116_0002.jpg
    11-17-2014 02:08 PM
    @ Kambiz IranParast
    This is very strange.
    You have to the OS of WP8.1.1
    and the FW of WP8.0 GDR2

How the hell did you get the latest update of WP8.1.1.
    Never mind, I went back to your first post, and read that you got it with PfD.

I think it has to do with the Thailand CSC that you did not get the firmware update.
    11-17-2014 02:30 PM
    @ Kambiz IranParast
    This is very strange.
    You have to the OS of WP8.1.1
    and the FW of WP8.0 GDR2

How the hell did you get the latest update of WP8.1.1.
    Never mind, I went back to your first post, and read that you got it with PfD.

I think it has to do with the Thailand CSC that you did not get the firmware update.
    Thx for your input.
    I'm experiencing this ridiculous camera/flash problem and it has caused me to miss many good pictures including some in my Hawaii vacation right on my birthday!

What's your suggestion?
    1. Just wait and hope for a FW update?
    2. Change CSC and hard reset and hope for an update?
    3. Flash a new GDR2 ROM with ATO CSC and hope for updates?
    4. Quit hope and go back to Android?!

Boris suggested number 2 first. However, I'm waiting to see what becomes of Motel75. Seems like he changed his CSC to ATO and it didn't help him anyways.

Any input is very much appreciated.

Thx bro
    11-17-2014 02:46 PM
    Thx for your input.
    I'm experiencing this ridiculous camera/flash problem and it has caused me to miss many good pictures including some in my Hawaii vacation right on my birthday!

What's your suggestion?
    1. Just wait and hope for a FW update?
    2. Change CSC and hard reset and hope for an update?
    3. Flash a new GDR2 ROM with ATO CSC and hope for updates?
    4. Quit hope and go back to Android?!

Boris suggested number 2 first. However, I'm waiting to see what becomes of Motel75. Seems like he changed his CSC to ATO and it didn't help him anyways.

Any input is very much appreciated.

Thx bro
    I would say 1, 2 or 3 are good choices. If you really need the camera then temporarily use an Android device if you have one spare. Other than that Changing the CSC is something to try but also remember that updates roll out based on two criteria, CSC and IMEI number. Option 3 is another one to try but, again, you'll hit that IMEI number criteria.

Option 1 is the best option but you could be in for a long wait if you choose that route.
    11-17-2014 03:01 PM
    So I changed the CSC to ATO, hard reset the phone, tried updating ... and it said the phone was up to date. Loaded the PfD, signed in, tried updating ... same thing.
    11-17-2014 03:08 PM
    I would say 1, 2 or 3 are good choices. If you really need the camera then temporarily use an Android device if you have one spare. Other than that Changing the CSC is something to try but also remember that updates roll out based on two criteria, CSC and IMEI number. Option 3 is another one to try but, again, you'll hit that IMEI number criteria.

Option 1 is the best option but you could be in for a long wait if you choose that route.
    Thx very much Neo.

I've got some thinking to do. I'll wait until 20 December. If I don't get an update by that time, then I'll try number 2 and then 3. Don't want to miss some more good pics during Christmas and the new year!

Thx again
    11-17-2014 03:10 PM
2,690 ... 6061626364 ...