Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

cbmago

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
i have a doubt (in europe): Different CSC = different OS and firmware?
I was on WP8 PfD with ATO, and some days i get this update:

OS Version: 8.10.14176.243
Firmware Revision Number: 2424.14.9.3
Hardware revision number: 15.15.1.0
Radio software version: 2424.14.9.3
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.800
Bootloader: 14.09.3.16
Chip SOC: 1.5.32
Some of you, are getting different versions. Do i miss something?
Thanks.

edit reason: i think i get answer in previous post :)

tharealmb87

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I read the last few pages, but is there any proof of PfD getting the official 8.1 update? i have PfD installed (Changed to CSC:ATO) and disables PfD 2 weeks ago. But no updates yet.

And is there a risk that, if you keep the PfD on, you won't get the official 8.1 update? like, if versionnumber is higher then X, no official update for you!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I read the last few pages, but is there any proof of PfD getting the official 8.1 update? i have PfD installed (Changed to CSC:ATO) and disables PfD 2 weeks ago. But no updates yet.

And is there a risk that, if you keep the PfD on, you won't get the official 8.1 update? like, if versionnumber is higher then X, no official update for you!

Yes, I just got the new firmware yesterday and I'm using the PfD. All you get is the firmware update and not the OS update as well.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
name: Master Ativ S? What is this?

Damn, I really hoped that I would get the update before Boris :)
@ Boris, and what are your findings with WP8.1. Do you love it as you did with GDR3?
Please don't answer. Just enjoy it this weekend and check back later. Maybe in a new thread too.

Cheers

As I said before I will play with it for a while and get back with findings, so far looks awesome. And I am not leaving this thread, cuz there are so many other people needing help about their ATIV S' getting the update :).
P.S. I tested camera bug first... It's GONE. Lol, camera works perfectly on my ATIV S.

tharealmb87

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
As I said before I will play with it for a while and get back with findings, so far looks awesome. And I am not leaving this thread, cuz there are so many other people needing help about their ATIV S' getting the update :).
P.S. I tested camera bug first... It's GONE. Lol, camera works perfectly on my ATIV S.

Does it still flash though? after you take an image without flash? my mom's phone seems to do that, while she never had PfD installed

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you keep PfD on? or off?
And is the camera reset thingy gone? thats the big reason i want the update.

PfD was on but that shouldn't make any difference. Camera issues are gone, tested with both stock camera app and ProShot. Just need ATIV Camera and then that should add a lot of functionality.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Those of you asking if this is GDR1, it certainly is. This is the reason we were all waiting for so long.

Have you guys noticed the new boot screens as well, the first one is similar to the Windows 8.1 boot screen and the Samsung ones now just say Samsung? I know that's just a small thing but it's a change.

Last edited:

SymmetryPlus

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I was on CSC BTU with DP 8.10.14192.280 and overnight I received the official Samsung 8.1 FW 2424.14.9.3

I had disabled the DP before receiving the update, but I think I would have been offered it anyway. No problems to report during or post upgrade.

Pleased I didn't risk flashing back to 8.0 GDR2 now!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Those of you asking if this is GDR1, it certainly is. This is the reason we were all waiting for so long.

Have you guys noticed the new boot screens as well, the first one is similar to the Windows 8.1 boot screen and the Samsung ones now just say Samsung? I know that's just a small thing but it's a change.
Remember when we said (you and me) that maybe Samsung is waiting to see the feedback from Lumia users so they can know what to fix, what to change. etc? Guess we were right about that, they got us All In One package, lol.
About boot screen, yes, that's true, i got a black background with white font SAMSUNG and the first one is a black background and cyan blue Windows 8 logo in the middle :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I was on CSC BTU with DP 8.10.14192.280 and overnight I received the official Samsung 8.1 FW 2424.14.9.3

I had disabled the DP before receiving the update, but I think I would have been offered it anyway. No problems to report during or post upgrade.

If you browse back few pages you will find a post where i said: Patience is a virtue! :) Guess it is :)

Appalling Outlook

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Is it possible to flash back to from latest PfD to WP8.0 GDR3 and then update to the official Samsung WP 8.1 Update, or is it WP8.0 GDR2 only that can be used for this purpose? The GDR2 firmware I have found online, does not support any of the CSC's available on my phone, but the WP 8.0 GDR3 one does support CSC:NEE, which I have.

EDIT: I believe I have found the answer from reading post #1300 in this thread, so I just flashed down to GDR3, and then upgraded to the official Samsung WP 8.1 Update, to get rid of the PfD alltogether. So now I'm on the following:

14.09. 3.16

AO

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Those of you in the UK who DIDN'T install the PfD, try pressing the search button or looking under C in the app list ;-)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok, after playing and tinkering with the new WP8.1.1 last night and this morning till now, here are my first impressions (or findings):

- The phone is booting way faster than on WP8 GDR3 (maybe around 8-10 seconds faster)
- There are 1-2 new animations.
- Animations are way faster now than on WP8 GDR3.
- Live tiles are refreshing faster
- Mid size tiles in 3-columns mode are just about the right size and a combination with 1 mid-size tile and 1 wide-sized tile in a row is a win-win combination and it looks awesome on 4.8" screen.
- If you wonder why Diagnosis app doesn't work now when you got WP8.1.1, do not despair, uninstall it and with same code from dialer ##634# it will install new Diagnosis app for WP8.1 named Diagnosis_Ody81
- Making screenshots now is "Volume UP along with Power Button".
- Apps are opening much faster now.
- I got UK and US Cortana too. If you set language to English UK it will get you UK Cortana, if you set it English US it will get you US Cortana (Location must be ON for Cortana to work).
- CAMERA Bug, YES it's gone. Snapping pictures is faster, changing between still picture and video is faster. No crashing of the app whatsoever. And as i compare pictures taken on WP8 GDR3 and WP8.1.1, I guess Samsung did picture quality tweaking there too. Pictures doesn't have that much noise now like they had on WP8 GDR3, especially in low light performance. Phone is not heating up that much when you hold any camera app open for a longer time (including stock camera app).
- Last night when i go to sleep (5AM, lol) I had left the phone on 95% battery, I woke up 6 hours later, phone was down to 94%. Start exploring the new additions and options and 3 hours later my battery went down to 83% (2+ hours onscreen time), but about battery life i will write later in week or two to see if it keep this way.
- Background Tasks is pulled out from the system and it's a separate app now called Battery Saver, so for you who didn't knew that, that's your Background Tasks in WP8.1
- Phone in generaly doesn't get too hot like it use to be in previous OS versions, now if you do an intence browsing for a half an hour it get's warm a bit (which is normal since CPU is working that time), but it doesn't get's hot. Right after you finish that browsing (or gaming) the phone gets cooler in seconds, which is very good.

So far this is what i can notice, there are many other tiny things i have notice but i will write them down in my full report in few weeks, cuz this things need more testing.
REMEMBER: These are findings i find on MY phone. This maybe differs to your phone or any other, so don't take this for granted. :)

And now, a full screenshot of my temporary Start Screen :) (Do you see Cortana at the bottom? LOL)
WP8.1.1-Boris_Nevermore.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05