12-16-2016 07:34 AM
2,690 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Any news about 8.1? I go in Settings > Update every 2-3 days :/
    07-30-2014 12:55 PM
    Any news about 8.1? I go in Settings > Update every 2-3 days :/
    I had just posted not long ago that there has been no news.
    07-30-2014 02:16 PM
    I think that Samsung doesnt update Ativ S anymore. My next windows phone is definitely Nokia/Microsoft lumia.
    07-30-2014 03:07 PM
    Just did a quick chat with Samsung Canada support: they don't any ETA and they weren't even able to confirm if Samsung will release it or not. I really like my phone but if Samsung drops me, I will go the MS/Lumia way.
    07-30-2014 03:30 PM
    Well, nothing more to do than just sit tight and wait i guess.
    I do not think Samsung is going to drop their current customers. Since they have been releasing newer phone models, it shows they are not going to ignore the OS completely. They probably do see a trend that WP is becoming more and more popular, and i'm guessing they will put in some effort because they don not want to miss the boat when it does take off so to speak. We just have to hope that they won't put their eforts in making some new useless apps but into writing some drivers that fix some of the porblems we are having with the DP of WP8.1 Heck, they might even ask Microsoft to include em in the newest GDR OS update (Not very likely tho, but one dares to hope..)
    07-30-2014 04:16 PM
    Keep in mind that Samsung released the ATIV Camera a month ago - an app specifically for 8.1 (though this could be mostly for the ATIV SE which should receive an 8.1 update). In the very least, we know they're testing new firmware. Whether or not they actually decide to release an update is still to be seen, but I don't think we've been forgotten.
    07-30-2014 04:52 PM
    Well, nothing more to do than just sit tight and wait i guess.
    I do not think Samsung is going to drop their current customers. Since they have been releasing newer phone models, it shows they are not going to ignore the OS completely. They probably do see a trend that WP is becoming more and more popular, and i'm guessing they will put in some effort because they don not want to miss the boat when it does take off so to speak. We just have to hope that they won't put their eforts in making some new useless apps but into writing some drivers that fix some of the porblems we are having with the DP of WP8.1 Heck, they might even ask Microsoft to include em in the newest GDR OS update (Not very likely tho, but one dares to hope..)
    sadly us users in Canada haven't seen a new Samsung wp since launch & I could imagine other countries aswell haven't seen a refresh.
    Im close to just paying the remaining subsidy & cancelling my phone extended warranty(from service provider) then leave Rogers when fido's holiday pricing starts cause I dont find 1st rewards is worth the bs ive gotten from them & since they dropped the free rogers hp to rogers wireless calling its not a deciding factor anymore
    07-30-2014 06:06 PM
    First of all, thank you for taking my comment with soo much precision (sorry for my English I'm French) the thing that I don't like in WP, is not the apps numbers, its the app ITSELF, all the apps on the store have a very very bad integration, the notifications are slow, the design is bad, the app itself is slow, and after that, we all say " YHEA ! There is a new popular app on the store ! Yheaaay congratulation Microsoft ! You have updated your facebook app ! We can still only see page post but we don't care ! " I'm sick of that, I'm a smartphone fan and I know a lot of thing, and I know that its not the hardware of WP that turn the software slow, its the OS that is slow ! My Samsung ativ s is a very good phone for the price, but WP make no effort ! Samsung have forget about WP ! And how about HTC ? I know that WP is growing, but they have to make a lot of effort to make me dream again...
    First of all, I apologize if i offend you with any of what i said in my post. I am not an english too, I am from Macedonia, so my english is not perfect too. And i understand your frustration. You have to understand that this is a NEW OS and it's catching up the race now. It was a long time considered an underdog OS, but today, thats not that case, now it is equal to the Big 2 (iOS and Android).
    I do have an ATIV S too and my phone works super fast, every official and 3rd party app is working flawlessly and fast. Don't see any lag, don't occurs any latency in the OS. So, something must be wrong with your phone (assuming you have the same one, the ATIV S)
    Most of the apps on the Store got recent updates in the last month and they are working much much better now, with better integration with the OS. the reason why some of them had bad OS integration is MS's fault, cuz they haven't release enough API's for the developers to make a great app with great OS integration. But MS a month ago did release lots of API's for the developers so they can make batter apps or to make the existing ones way better. I was a Windows Mobile App Developer, and I know how tough is to write a code for a great app and how much time you need for that (if app developing is not your primary money earner). WP8 is slightly easier to make a good app, but the time needed for app developing here is the same. Be patience, give time to developers to take advantage of the new API's that MS has released a month ago and to make their apps with better OS integration.
    I was a huge Windows Mobile fan and enthusiast, but when WM died, many of us roll over to the other side, the Android side, since was the only "close enough" side to Windows Mobile (yes, the tweaking and customizing capabilities), but then WP came along, and I did switch back even tho i knew how high Android reach by that time. I love this platform and I will stick to it and support it just as i did with Windows Mobile 6 till the last day, cuz i believe in WP.
    NO, I am not a fanboy, I am too old to be one (LOL). I just believe in this platform and i will supported until it dies one day (hardly doubt that will ever happen), but everything is possible.
    I am not trying to convince you to stay with this platform (cuz i know you will stay), but I am just telling you my point of view about WP. :)
    Cheers bro! :)
    07-30-2014 06:22 PM
    First of all, I apologize if i offend you with any of what i said in my post. I am not an english too, I am from Macedonia, so my english is not perfect too. And i understand your frustration. You have to understand that this is a NEW OS and it's catching up the race now. It was a long time considered an underdog OS, but today, thats not that case, now it is equal to the Big 2 (iOS and Android).
    I do have an ATIV S too and my phone works super fast, every official and 3rd party app is working flawlessly and fast. Don't see any lag, don't occurs any latency in the OS. So, something must be wrong with your phone (assuming you have the same one, the ATIV S)
    Most of the apps on the Store got recent updates in the last month and they are working much much better now, with better integration with the OS. the reason why some of them had bad OS integration is MS's fault, cuz they haven't release enough API's for the developers to make a great app with great OS integration. But MS a month ago did release lots of API's for the developers so they can make batter apps or to make the existing ones way better. I was a Windows Mobile App Developer, and I know how tough is to write a code for a great app and how much time you need for that (if app developing is not your primary money earner). WP8 is slightly easier to make a good app, but the time needed for app developing here is the same. Be patience, give time to developers to take advantage of the new API's that MS has released a month ago and to make their apps with better OS integration.
    I was a huge Windows Mobile fan and enthusiast, but when WM died, many of us roll over to the other side, the Android side, since was the only "close enough" side to Windows Mobile (yes, the tweaking and customizing capabilities), but then WP came along, and I did switch back even tho i knew how high Android reach by that time. I love this platform and I will stick to it and support it just as i did with Windows Mobile 6 till the last day, cuz i believe in WP.
    NO, I am not a fanboy, I am too old to be one (LOL). I just believe in this platform and i will supported until it dies one day (hardly doubt that will ever happen), but everything is possible.
    I am not trying to convince you to stay with this platform (cuz i know you will stay), but I am just telling you my point of view about WP. :)
    Cheers bro! :)
    You just told me some things that I actually didn't knew before ! But if Samsung don't update our phone, I will be very angry, thank you for this long text, I'm gonna keep this phone 1 year more, and then I will think again :)
    SPIFF Costa likes this.
    07-30-2014 07:19 PM
    You just told me some things that I actually didn't knew before ! But if Samsung don't update our phone, I will be very angry, thank you for this long text, I'm gonna keep this phone 1 year more, and then I will think again :)
    Glad i helped you with learning new things :) If you have any other question, feel free to ask. :)
    07-30-2014 08:03 PM
    Anyone called Samsung US? I don't even dare to check out Serbian as last time i asked something about it they were like "Oh, Samsung makes Windows Phone devices?". Yeah, this is the official Samsung store for Serbia...
    akoj likes this.
    07-31-2014 12:44 AM
    Just talked to the german samsung support via chat. Only positive thing; they didn't get confused about android/wp.
    But in the end, they send me back to microsoft, saying that they are only responsible for the hardware and that software is all microsoft. And after telling them, that the OS part is delivered since.. uhm.. idk, 1-2 months? and all that is missing, is firmware by samsung, they told me that they don't have any informations...
    07-31-2014 05:43 AM
    Can anyone help me get the gdr3 firmware ?
    07-31-2014 05:52 AM
    Anyone called Samsung US? I don't even dare to check out Serbian as last time i asked something about it they were like "Oh, Samsung makes Windows Phone devices?". Yeah, this is the official Samsung store for Serbia...
    Ne zezaj, stvarno? haha jooooooooj :)
    megadragon998 likes this.
    07-31-2014 05:55 AM
    Can anyone help me get the gdr3 firmware ?
    Well, first thing first, Welcome to WP Central Forums.
    Rule No1: I am sure most of your questions are already answered somewhere on this forum, for that I suggest you use the SEARCH button on this forum, not just pop in and ask questions.
    But ok, now that we clear that, what i need from you to be able to help you (just this time, next time you are on your own), I need you to provide me with this things:
    - Phone Model (full name/branding and model)
    - Your OS Version and Firmware Revision number (Can be found in Settings/About/More Information)
    - The name of your country and carrier (I assume you are Romanian)
    - Your default CSC (in dialpad type: ##634# , wait for 10 seconds and it will install Diagnosis app in your App List. Click Diagnosis and in it dialpad type *#321647335 , it will open the CSC Converter (Odyssey_121205), scroll the list and see what CSC is checked. DO NOT touch or check anything else, use the Back button to get out of there.)
    - Check in CSC Converter if you have CSC's like ATO or NEE (You check this while you are in CSC Converter (Odyssey_121205) .
    07-31-2014 06:06 AM
    @ George
    I am from Romania and my Ativ have CSC EUR and
    os version: 8.0.10517.150
    firmware: 2424.13.11.2
    I don't know more about the phone, I bought SH
    I understand you was on dev preview and after you change CSC your phone loose the dev preview update. Is correct? but the bugs? still there?
    07-31-2014 08:02 AM
    @ George
    I am from Romania and my Ativ have CSC EUR and
    os version: 8.0.10517.150
    firmware: 2424.13.11.2
    I don't know more about the phone, I bought SH
    I understand you was on dev preview and after you change CSC your phone loose the dev preview update. Is correct? but the bugs? still there?
    You got the GDR3 :)
    But there is also a painless way to downgrade from WP8.1 DP to WP8 GDR3 without voiding the warranty, just search for this thread or WP Central Forums in all. :)
    07-31-2014 08:27 AM
    Well, usually I do try to search first, but I did ask politely one page back and no one tried to answer. I would have expected less hostility, specifically cause it's such a rare phone that nobody knows about it, not even Samsung.

Anyway, here are my specs :

- l used to have CSC DBT but changed it yesterday to ATO hoping I would get the firmware update then went ahead with the hard reset, and lost all saved settings - cause backups were gone - but still no firmware update
    - phone was bought as new, and unlocked. My country is, as you've guessed Romania, carrier Orange
    - firmware : 2424.13.5.1
    - os : 8.10.12397.895 - running dev preview (have been since gdr1)
    If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, if not I'll lose a few hours and search the forums.

@Dan Preda: Changing CSC did absolutely nothing, other than frustration. (the reset looks to have cleared the backup ?)

Regards.
    07-31-2014 08:41 AM

Ne znam koje je Samsungovo zastupnitvo gore: vae ili nae? -.-

@Boris

Jesi li kontaktirao makedonski Samsung?

Inače, izgleda da su svi na ovoj temi Balkanci. :D
    Last edited by akoj; 07-31-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    07-31-2014 12:04 PM
    HTC, Huawei und Samsung uern sich zu Update auf Windows Phone 8.1
    (german)

Keine Aussage zum Thema Windows-Phone-Update fr das Ativ S gibt es dagegen von Samsung. Der sdkoreanische Hersteller teilte uns krzlich mit, er werde keine Aussagen mehr zu Updates - auch fr Galaxy-Smartphones und -Tablets mit Android - treffen.
    Roughly translated:
    From Samsung there is no statement regarding updating the Ativ S. The South Korean manufacturer stated, that they won't give out any statements about future updates on any devices - including Galaxy Smartphones and Android Tablets.
    ---

The tone in the Article suggests that there won't be any updates for the Ativ since even GDR3 Updates were pulled in some regions. And apparently the Ativ S is EOL and not available any more.
    07-31-2014 12:41 PM
    So, we have to contact MS. Because ALL WP 8 models must be supported for at least 36 months.
    07-31-2014 01:49 PM
    Yeah well, let's not jump to conclusions. I'm thinking Microsoft has some leverage here too.. If nothing is happenening, they might try to persuade Samsung to help out users. We will just have to wait some more i guess.. Also, i'm thinking it aint helping that Microsoft releases update after update in a fast pace. They need to give OEMS some time to adjust too..
    07-31-2014 01:59 PM
    So, we have to contact MS. Because ALL WP 8 models must be supported for at least 36 months.
    Didn't seem to matter for Lumia 810 owners...
    07-31-2014 03:17 PM
    Well, usually I do try to search first, but I did ask politely one page back and no one tried to answer. I would have expected less hostility, specifically cause it's such a rare phone that nobody knows about it, not even Samsung.

Anyway, here are my specs :

- l used to have CSC DBT but changed it yesterday to ATO hoping I would get the firmware update then went ahead with the hard reset, and lost all saved settings - cause backups were gone - but still no firmware update
    - phone was bought as new, and unlocked. My country is, as you've guessed Romania, carrier Orange
    - firmware : 2424.13.5.1
    - os : 8.10.12397.895 - running dev preview (have been since gdr1)
    If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, if not I'll lose a few hours and search the forums.

@Dan Preda: Changing CSC did absolutely nothing, other than frustration. (the reset looks to have cleared the backup ?)

Regards.
    Oh George, you have the WP8.1 Developer Preview. I thought you have WP8 GDR2 and you needed to upgrade to GDR3. Sorry bro, those CSC changing methods are for WP8 phones. Sorry if i sounded rude in my comment, but really it wasn't my intention at all. My intention was to tell you how things works in tech forums.
    Anyway, If you are looking to downgrade from WP8.1 DP to WP8 GDR3, there is a way to flash the GDR3 without a need of your phone to be interop unlocked and voiding your warranty. I think the links and methods are already told in this thread, It is 7 pages long, search for it. But remember this, before you do the flashing, if you don't know how to do it, DO NOT do it, take it to someone who know how to do it, cuz you might end up with a bricked phone altho the process is pretty simple and straight forward.
    That's all I can help you for now, cuz i haven't upgraded to WP8.1 DP, cuz i decided to wait for the official upgrade. Cheers :)
    07-31-2014 08:14 PM
    I had talked with samsung romania support....they said to me that they gonna search for information and give me an answer on email..i hope i will get a date...
    neo158 likes this.
    08-01-2014 09:51 AM
2,690 ... 56789 ...