Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Borris:

Can you please tell me which OS version my FW belong to? Is it GDR2 or GDR3 or anything else?

OS VERSION: 8.10.14203.306
FW: 0424.13.10.1
HW: 15.15.1.0
Boot loader: 13.04.19.21
CSC: THY

I'm on PFD and my phone just doesn't get the regular Samsung FW update, therefore I'm still experiencing the famous camera/flash problem, although everything else works smoothly.

My csc is THY. I bought the phone in Thailand but I live in Canada.

Do you recommend me to bite the bullet and flash my ROM to csc of ATO with GDR2 hoping to get the Samsung 8.1 updates or should I wait?

Thanks very much for your input.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Borris:

Can you please tell me which OS version my FW belong to? Is it GDR2 or GDR3 or anything else?

OS VERSION: 8.10.14203.306
FW: 0424.13.10.1
HW: 15.15.1.0
Boot loader: 13.04.19.21
CSC: THY

I'm on PFD and my phone just doesn't get the regular Samsung FW update, therefore I'm still experiencing the famous camera/flash problem, although everything else works smoothly.

My csc is THY. I bought the phone in Thailand but I live in Canada.

Do you recommend me to bite the bullet and flash my ROM to csc of ATO with GDR2 hoping to get the Samsung 8.1 updates or should I wait?

Thanks very much for your input.
Firmware Revision Number is 0424.13.10.1? Someone correct me but is that T899M firmware and not i8750?
Is it really 0424 or is it 2424? Cuz when i was on WP8 GDR2, my FRN was 2424.13.5.1, when i went to WP8 GDR3, my FRN was 2424.13.11.2 (this is for i8750).
If it's T899M, there i can't help you much, maybe someone here with the same model and on PfD too can tell you more. Does your phone support 4G LTE netwrok or it can go only up to 3G HSDPA+? If it supports 4G LTE, than you have the T899M model of ATIV S. What does it says in your About page? does it says SAMSUNG GT-I8750 or it is say SAMSUNG T899M? A screenshot from About would be nice from you to post it.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, I did finish my findings about official WP8.1.1 on my ATIV S i8750, so I am thinking what would be better, to post it here or to open a new thread in this Samsung ATIV S sub-forum? The text is pretty much long for reading, so let me know what you think I should do :)

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris,

I just checked all my info. It's exactly as I wrote it.

I live in Canada but I don't have the Canadian model. I have the i8750.

I bought it unlocked from Thailand.

No 4G for me. 3G Hsdpa+.

Again my FW is 0424.13.10.1.

Unfortunately, the forum doesn't let me to post my screenshot of the about page.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris,

I just checked all my info. It's exactly as I wrote it.

I live in Canada but I don't have the Canadian model. I have the i8750.

I bought it unlocked from Thailand.

No 4G for me. 3G Hsdpa+.

Again my FW is 0424.13.10.1.

Unfortunately, the forum doesn't let me to post my screenshot of the about page.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance

Oh, ok, now that we clear that, let's see what we can do about it.
First of all, for now i have only confirmation that people runing PfD and got the official firmware, are people running on ATO and BTU (like neo158). So, in case you have one of those CSC's, try with them first, or try any other you have on your ATIV S, maybe eventually some will pick it up. Do have in mind that when you switch CSC your phone will hard reset (i'm sure you know about that already, so back up everything you need to back up). Also, when you switch CSC and you maybe choose one that will pick up the new firmware, sometimes it picks it up right away, sometimes you need an hour or more, so this will take some time until you hit the "winning" CSC (if there's any), but this is good cuz if you "discover" another CSC rather than BTU and ATO, it will be a valuable information for others in the future. What i wanna do here is to make sure that we try all options before you went down to flashing anything on your phone. Flashing should be always be a last option not the first and easiest. I'm sure neo158 will be more helpful here than me since he is on last firmware with PfD and I have the official firmware without PfD. But I think we are ok for now. Do report back what you did if you decide to try the suggestions i gave you. :)

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris:

These are the CSC codes that I have on my phone:

GLB
SMA
XME
XSE
XSP
XTC
XTE

Do you know any of them? Which one do you think I need to try first? I was reading some of the posts and seems like the ones that start with "X" don't really help.

Thx again for your input

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris:

These are the CSC codes that I have on my phone:

GLB
SMA
XME
XSE
XSP
XTC
XTE

Do you know any of them? Which one do you think I need to try first? I was reading some of the posts and seems like the ones that start with "X" don't really help.

Thx again for your input

Hmmm, this is f*cked up, If i am correct, then:
GLB - Philippines
SMA - Philippines
XME - Malaysia
XSE - Indonesia
XSP - Singapore
XTC - Philippines
XTE - Philippines
Well, don't know what to advise you now my friend. You have 4 CSC's that are Philippines and 1 CSC each for Indonesia, Malasyia and Singapore. Let's try this order: XSP, XSE, XME and then try each of the 4 Philippines CSC's (you choose in which order). At least you don't have to try 20 different (like I did), you need to check just 7. :) If any of those doesn't pick up the newest Samsung firmware, then we go to flashing. But when we come to that, we will discus then. :)

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Boris.

Just one final question. I remember a while back in the forum a guy had messed up his phone by flashing too many ROMS on it.

Hard resetting as a result of changing the CSC code doesn't have the same effect. Does it?

Will report back.

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hard resetting as a result of changing the CSC code doesn't have the same effect. Does it?

I guess not, since Boris already did this 20 times.
With that guy it only occured with flashing Roms too many time.

Ok guys, I did finish my findings about official WP8.1.1 on my ATIV S i8750, so I am thinking what would be better, to post it here or to open a new thread in this Samsung ATIV S sub-forum? The text is pretty much long for reading, so let me know what you think I should do :)

A new thread please, as I mentioned this before. And as it is long to read -> new thread please.
Call it "findings about WP8.1.1" So that others can reply too with their own findings.

Thanks.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Boris.

Just one final question. I remember a while back in the forum a guy had messed up his phone by flashing too many ROMS on it.

Will report back.

No, hard reset is not the same as flashing. Hard reset is just getting your phone into factory settings. Other than that, hard reseting is also used after flashing a new ROM, cuz hard reseting is helping get rid of the leftovers from the previous ROM, so new files from the new ROM doesn't caused some conflict or similar causing the phone to act strange. Flashing on the other hand is writing on the "hard disk" of the phone, simple example: get a piece of paper and on a same spot draw something with a pencil and then erase and then write again, erase again.... do that around 20-30 times, what will happen to that piece of paper to that exact spot you been writing and erasing? That spot will become weak, and every next time you write on that spot, you risk tearing the paper there. Well, it's pretty much the same with flashing. :)
As RoyalX told you, i did hard reseting my phone over 20 times, the phone is just fine working perfectly :)

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
No, hard reset is not the same as flashing. Hard reset is just getting your phone into factory settings. Other than that, hard reseting is also used after flashing a new ROM, cuz hard reseting is helping get rid of the leftovers from the previous ROM, so new files from the new ROM doesn't caused some conflict or similar causing the phone to act strange. Flashing on the other hand is writing on the "hard disk" of the phone, simple example: get a piece of paper and on a same spot draw something with a pencil and then erase and then write again, erase again.... do that around 20-30 times, what will happen to that piece of paper to that exact spot you been writing and erasing? That spot will become weak, and every next time you write on that spot, you risk tearing the paper there. Well, it's pretty much the same with flashing. :)
As RoyalX told you, i did hard reseting my phone over 20 times, the phone is just fine working perfectly :)

Thx very much Boris

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
A new thread please, as I mentioned this before. And as it is long to read -> new thread please.
Call it "findings about WP8.1.1" So that others can reply too with their own findings.

Thanks.

OK, a new thread it is. Now we just need a good name that will held the subject for a long time.
Findings about WP8.1.1. is good but will it be better if we narrow it just for ATIV S? For example "Finings about WP8.1.1 on ATIV S"?.
Doesn't matter if it's i8750 or T899M, and of course it will be written in the opening post that this is a thread where people who got official WP8.1.1 (PfD or Non PfD) can share their experiences. likes, dislikes, etc.
Here are my other suggestions for a thread name:
- Your Experiences With The WP8.1.1 on ATIV S
- Your WP8.1.1 Experience on ATIV S
- Your Thoughts About WP8.1.1 on ATIV S
(too much of the "Your" word huh? hehe)

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
OK, a new thread it is. Now we just need a good name that will held the subject for a long time.
Findings about WP8.1.1. is good but will it be better if we narrow it just for ATIV S? For example "Finings about WP8.1.1 on ATIV S"?.
Doesn't matter if it's i8750 or T899M, and of course it will be written in the opening post that this is a thread where people who got official WP8.1.1 (PfD or Non PfD) can share their experiences. likes, dislikes, etc.
Here are my other suggestions for a thread name:
- Your Experiences With The WP8.1.1 on ATIV S
- Your WP8.1.1 Experience on ATIV S
- Your Thoughts About WP8.1.1 on ATIV S
(too much of the "Your" word huh? hehe)

"Your WP8.1.1 Experience on ATIV S" would be nice, short, sweet and to the point.

Thx for the contribution

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've tried switching CSCs, but the phone does not perform a hard reset afterwards, despite warning that it will. When I return to the Diagnosis app, even after restarting the phone, the CSC is listed as whatever I have switched it to. However, despite trying several of these, it has not offered the update to the latest firmware when I check for updates, even days later.

I have a GT-i8750 running PfD (OS: 8.10.14203.306 FW: 2424.13.5.1). It was purchased at retail in Germany (not from a carrier) and the CSC choices are ATO, BTU, DBT (the original setting), ITV, XEF, and XEO.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I've tried switching CSCs, but the phone does not perform a hard reset afterwards, despite warning that it will. When I return to the Diagnosis app, even after restarting the phone, the CSC is listed as whatever I have switched it to. However, despite trying several of these, it has not offered the update to the latest firmware when I check for updates, even days later.

I have a GT-i8750 running PfD (OS: 8.10.14203.306 FW: 2424.13.5.1). It was purchased at retail in Germany (not from a carrier) and the CSC choices are ATO, BTU, DBT (the original setting), ITV, XEF, and XEO.

CSC's confirmed to get the firmware on PfD are ATO and BTU, you tried them first or?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077