The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-16-2016 07:34 AM
2,690 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    Now everything is OK. I just open app and didn't crash. Thank you for your fast responding. :)
    Yep, confirm. Everything is OK! Thanks NiteLordz, very nice support :-)
    paco_93 likes this.
    03-27-2015 05:29 PM
    I just noticed that Samsung Ativ S isn't included in the second rollout of Windows 10 preview either...
    03-28-2015 02:28 PM
    I just noticed that Samsung Ativ S isn't included in the second rollout of Windows 10 preview either...
    that's because it's second roll out and not final :)
    03-28-2015 04:38 PM
    Don't worry, if something big isn't changed, we should be able to install it the way grozaman posted here.
    03-28-2015 05:34 PM
    Don't worry, if something big isn't changed, we should be able to install it the way grozaman posted here.
    Nah, i am not worrying, just don't like the fact that we are still being SES-ed (refer to your profile picture ;) , for others, ignored) ) by MS and Samsung.
    03-28-2015 06:49 PM
    Nah, i am not worrying, just don't like the fact that we are still being SES-ed (refer to your profile picture ;) , for others, ignored) ) by MS and Samsung.
    Well, remember few months ago when we were all like "Well, guess we are not having WP8.1.1, Lumias started to get it, MS and Samsung forgot about us...." and then suddenly we were upfront from most of the Lumias for getting the latest and greatest. LOL
    WinSammie likes this.
    03-28-2015 08:49 PM
    After the last firmware update I switched on the PfD for a moment, resulting in below OS update (in Dutch this time).
    Not much difference, just improvements on the battery app, scrolling seems a bit smoother. I wonder if MSFT will allow us further updates now the boot loop problem is solved?
    Attached Thumbnails ativs.jpg  
    03-29-2015 05:57 AM
    YES, boot loop problem is solved.
    ALL changes that latest firmware contains are to fix this boot loop bug. You can just look at update files and verify.
    Last edited by grozaman; 03-29-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    WinSammie likes this.
    03-29-2015 12:14 PM
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this community, but I have been following it but quite some time.
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but hope someone can help me.

A friend of mine asked me to fix his Ativ S, which is not booting (don't ask me why). The following error message appears on boot:
    boot-error.png

As hard reset does not seem to fix anything, I decided to follow this guide in order to flash a working rom to the phone. I am on Windows 8.1, and disabled driver signature verification to install samsung drivers, which finished succesfully. Nevertheless, I can't make WP8 SMD binary downloader to detect/recognise the phone.

To begin with, the correct driver is not automatically selected, so when first plugged the phone in download mode is detected as an unknown device:
    download-mode.png
    2eao50o.png
    Forcing to update the drivers from the folder where the samsung driver is installed does not work (it won't detect a suitable driver). So I manually browsed through the different device categories to select which, I believe, is the correct driver:
    driver.png
    After this, the phone is recognised as follows:
    deviced-installed.png
    But, as I said, it won't be detected by the WP8 SMD binary downloader:
    smd-binary-not-recognised.png
    I tried with 2 different computers running Windows 8.1 and a third one running Windows 7. I already ran out ideas, so I hope someone can help me getting the phone detected properly.

Thank you in advance! :)
    03-29-2015 01:22 PM
    YES, boot loop problem is solved.
    ALL changes that latest firmware contains are to fix this boot loop bug. You can just look at update files and verify.
    Wow, that's a bit too much for me, I'm not that deep into software (more in hardware). Since it's my daily driver and I don't want to spend time (again) to restore apps and screens I'll wait for the official PfD updates (and even some time after they are tested).
    03-29-2015 04:00 PM
    @geropan try running the program as administrator, if that fails may the phone rest in peace :/
    geropan likes this.
    03-29-2015 04:19 PM
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this community, but I have been following it but quite some time.
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but hope someone can help me.

A friend of mine asked me to fix his Ativ S, which is not booting (don't ask me why). The following error message appears on boot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boot error.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	777.2 KB 
ID:	100721

As hard reset does not seem to fix anything, I decided to follow this guide in order to flash a working rom to the phone. I am on Windows 8.1, and disabled driver signature verification to install samsung drivers, which finished succesfully. Nevertheless, I can't make WP8 SMD binary downloader to detect/recognise the phone.

To begin with, the correct driver is not automatically selected, so when first plugged the phone in download mode is detected as an unknown device:

Name:	download mode.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	612.8 KB 
ID:	100722

Name:	2eao50o.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	100719
    Forcing to update the drivers from the folder where the samsung driver is installed does not work (it won't detect a suitable driver). So I manually browsed through the different device categories to select which, I believe, is the correct driver:

Name:	driver.PNG 
Views:	93 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	100723
    After this, the phone is recognised as follows:

Name:	deviced installed.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	100724
    But, as I said, it won't be detected by the WP8 SMD binary downloader:

Name:	SMD binary not recognised.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	100725
    I tried with 2 different computers running Windows 8.1 and a third one running Windows 7. I already ran out ideas, so I hope someone can help me getting the phone detected properly.

Thank you in advance! :)
    Well, I think your best chance is to go to this link:
    Samsung ATIV S I8750 Rom flashing! | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Or if any of this thread users knows something about that kind of thing, can help you, just be patience if anyone of them read your post. I will search around to see a possible solution to this and if i find will let you know.
    Other good chance is this site, but it is on polish:
    WindowsMania.pl - Najwi?ksze Forum Windows Phone
    geropan likes this.
    03-29-2015 04:26 PM
    megadragon998 & Boris NevermorE thanks you both for your interest!

Finally an update through windows update pop-up with a new driver for the ATIV S and I could restore it perfectly!

Nevertheless I did not see this update mentioned anywhere, weird
    03-29-2015 04:49 PM
    So you have managed to flash your phone properly and now it works like it should?
    03-29-2015 05:39 PM
    megadragon998 & Boris NevermorE thanks you both for your interest!

Finally an update through windows update pop-up with a new driver for the ATIV S and I could restore it perfectly!

Nevertheless I did not see this update mentioned anywhere, weird
    See if you can provide us with a screenshots, but considering that you need at least 10 posts to be able to post link here, try using some picture services and upload screenshots there and provide us a link. I am very intrigued to see this.
    Since you can't post links too, try to copy the link without the "https://", that way the forum will see this as a text and will let you post it. :)
    03-29-2015 05:40 PM
    Yes, in Windows 8.1/10 with new downloader (f/w >= 14.9.3) you can simply use Windows Update.

I tested new SMD Downloader 3.5. It really fast. 100 seconds for fully firmware upload.
    03-29-2015 06:15 PM
    Hello! Not much of an information but I've updated manually last week to 8.10.14219.341 (to get Cortana in French), I'm on 2424.14.9.3 firmware, ATO CSC and now, it seems I don't receive the latest firmware that fixes bootloop. I'm out of the PFD process.
    Edit: Never mind, it seems I've just received it. :D
    Last edited by Mirakle; 03-30-2015 at 02:51 AM.
    03-30-2015 02:34 AM
    So you have managed to flash your phone properly and now it works like it should?
    Yes, I managed to flash it and now it is on WP8.1 update 1 :)

See if you can provide us with a screenshots, but considering that you need at least 10 posts to be able to post link here, try using some picture services and upload screenshots there and provide us a link. I am very intrigued to see this.
    Since you can't post links too, try to copy the link without the, that way the forum will see this as a text and will let you post it. :)
    Yes, in Windows 8.1/10 with new downloader (f/w >= 14.9.3) you can simply use Windows Update.

I tested new SMD Downloader 3.5. It really fast. 100 seconds for fully firmware upload.
    This is from the Windows update history:
    wu-driver.png

Maybe the OP should update the first post with this information.

Thank you all again for your help :)
    03-30-2015 02:59 AM
    Yes, I managed to flash it and now it is on WP8.1 update 1 :)

This is from the Windows update history:

Name:	WU driver.PNG 
Views:	104 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	100774

Maybe the OP should update the first post with this information.

Thank you all again for your help :)
    Yes, that would be good to update the OP, but if we knew what is writing on the screenshots, :) English would be better for everyone :)
    03-30-2015 04:31 AM
    The latest 3.54 Downloader haven't feature to download customs! (Don't support .mbn-files, be careful)
    03-30-2015 04:38 AM
    Yes, that would be good to update the OP, but if we knew what is writing on the screenshots, :) English would be better for everyone :)
    You're right, nevertheless relevant information on the screenshot is in english. This would be the translation:

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - Other software - SAMSUNG Mobile USB CDC Composite

Installation date: 29/03/2015 22:53

You may need to reboot your computer in order to make the update become effective.

Installation status: Correct.

Update type: Important

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - Other hardware software update released in January, 2014

More information:
    LINK 1

Help and technical support:
    LINK 2
    NOTE: I cannot post links, copy them from the screenshot
    Boris NevermorE likes this.
    03-30-2015 05:04 AM
    You're right, nevertheless relevant information on the screenshot is in english. This would be the translation:

NOTE: I cannot post links, copy them from the screenshot
    Thank you for the translation, and no worries about the links, once you reach 10 posts, you can come later and edit the post :)
    03-30-2015 06:34 AM
    Whoa, just tell me what i need to add, i am kinda confused lol :D
    03-30-2015 09:02 AM
    Microsoft is working to add non-Lumia smartphones to Windows 10 for phone preview | Windows Central
    megadragon998 and nauman73 like this.
    03-30-2015 02:08 PM
    03-30-2015 02:33 PM
2,690 ... 8182838485 ...