The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-16-2016 07:34 AM
2,690 ... 8990919293 ...
tools
    Totally agree with both :)
    If they can only release the ATIV S2, that would be awesome. I will be like "Please, just take my money, will buy it in a heartbeat" (me and my wishful thinking) LOL
    If they put out an Ativ S2 with windows 10, I will have my wallet out of my purse in a second.
    05-01-2015 06:44 PM
    If they put out an Ativ S2 with windows 10, I will have my wallet out of my purse in a second.
    It would be a very good handset but, the updates to the OS would be hit and miss.
    i.e. some regions will get the update and others will not.
    Samsung make great hardware but their software support lacks at times.
    05-01-2015 08:05 PM
    It would be a very good handset but, the updates to the OS would be hit and miss.
    i.e. some regions will get the update and others will not.
    Samsung make great hardware but their software support lacks at times.
    I know. It's a shame. Can only hope there might be some improvement in the future. Samsung is so strongly tied to Android that Windows Phone may always be an afterthought for them.
    05-01-2015 08:25 PM
    Samsung is so strongly tied to Android that Windows Phone may always be an afterthought for them.
    Even with android the OS updates are below average for the majority of the handsets. The only handset that they pay particular attention to is the S4, S5 etc and even then only for 18 months to 2 years from the release date. So the fact that we are still getting updates is good to a point.
    05-02-2015 04:11 AM
    hellooo ATIV S lovers... i m from India. in 2013, i was browsing the net for a good samsung phone and i found this. but the great ATIV S was not released in India. so I managed to get it from Australia thru one of my work mates. i was so excited to get it and when it fell in my hands i was zapped with the quality and features. later in 2014, i heard windows 8.1 was released for ATIV S but i was not getting it on my device. i kept trying almost everyday by checking updates but in vain. finally in march 2015 i decided to give away my ATIV S and go for lumia 930. i was just about to buy lumia 930 when i suddenly came to this forum and it saved me from parting with my ATIV S. this forum was like a boon for me. i read almost all pages and finally decided to follow the procedures mentioned. as you all have been so descriptive and informative, it was not at all difficult for me to change the CSC from XSA to NEE. immediately on reboot i got the updates. followed instructions of Boris (the great) and there i was with my totally NEW ATIV S with Windows 8.1 Update. i really dont know how to thank u all. especially MegaDragon998, Boris and Grozaman. u guys r taking so much interest and efforts in keeping this forum live and keeping ATIV S ahead of all the rivals n latest smartphones. with Windows 8.1 on ATIV S i dont think there is any need to go for any other device. because of ATIV S i have become a great fan of Windows 8 and now Windows 8.1. now waiting eagerly for update 2 and then of course Windows 10...

i followed the procedure of Boris (changing CSC to NEE and country SWEDEN) and following are images of the results...

before changing the CSC
    csc-xsa.png
    before 8.1.1 update
    before-8.1.png
    after 8.1.1 update
    after-8.1-update.png
    after samsung firmware update
    after-firmware-1532.png
    05-06-2015 12:19 PM
    hellooo ATIV S lovers... i m from India. in 2013, i was browsing the net for a good samsung phone and i found this. but the great ATIV S was not released in India. so I managed to get it from Australia thru one of my work mates. i was so excited to get it and when it fell in my hands i was zapped with the quality and features. later in 2014, i heard windows 8.1 was released for ATIV S but i was not getting it on my device. i kept trying almost everyday by checking updates but in vain. finally in march 2015 i decided to give away my ATIV S and go for lumia 930. i was just about to buy lumia 930 when i suddenly came to this forum and it saved me from parting with my ATIV S. this forum was like a boon for me. i read almost all pages and finally decided to follow the procedures mentioned. as you all have been so descriptive and informative, it was not at all difficult for me to change the CSC from XSA to NEE. immediately on reboot i got the updates. followed instructions of Boris (the great) and there i was with my totally NEW ATIV S with Windows 8.1 Update. i really dont know how to thank u all. especially MegaDragon998, Boris and Grozaman. u guys r taking so much interest and efforts in keeping this forum live and keeping ATIV S ahead of all the rivals n latest smartphones. with Windows 8.1 on ATIV S i dont think there is any need to go for any other device. because of ATIV S i have become a great fan of Windows 8 and now Windows 8.1. now waiting eagerly for update 2 and then of course Windows 10...

i followed the procedure of Boris (changing CSC to NEE and country SWEDEN) and following are images of the results...

before changing the CSC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSC XSA.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	104095
    before 8.1.1 update

Name:	Before 8.1.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	104096
    after 8.1.1 update

Name:	After 8.1 Update.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	104097
    after samsung firmware update

Name:	After Firmware 1532.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	104098
    Thank you Ravi for your words, but it was not just 3 of us that keeps this thread alive, there are other guys as well contributed and spend their free time keeping this thread fluid. Overall, we are one big family here and we help each other.
    So in the name of all of us, we welcome you to this thread and we hope we can see much more from you in the future.
    Cheers ATIV brother :)
    luisfarelo, mjb666, cbmago and 3 others like this.
    05-06-2015 03:49 PM
    It is nice to see that you didn't leave us, but all users here deserve thanking, becuase if it wasn't for them, the 3 of us would be just talking to emptyness. Enjoy your 8.1 and soon 10 :)
    Boris NevermorE, cbmago and nRavi like this.
    05-07-2015 04:17 AM
    I think we must restructure this topic. Name, first post and other things.
    Boris NevermorE likes this.
    05-09-2015 06:57 AM
    I think we must restructure this topic. Name, first post and other things.
    Any suggestions of your own grozaman? megadragon998 is the creator of this thread, he changed the name and the OP few times already, i am sure he will accept any good suggestions :)
    05-09-2015 12:40 PM
    I already wrote big instructions and manuals for newbies, but... In Russian of course. I trying to write for all, with all details. But if I use my native language I think you understand that I can use the most difficult language constructions. In this case, I have to spend a lot of time to translate one manual on simple and understandable text in English.

Even on this post, I spent about 15 minutes.

So I haven't enough time to write full post, but I think it's must include simple things like:
    • Differences from Lumias.
    • CSC: Why? For what?
    • Firmware builds (CMK2, BME2 etc): What are the differences? Explanation of abbreviations.
    • Flashing: Why? How?
    • FAQ about bugs and their solutions.
    • The latest information about the latest f/w. And links to update (I already wrote one manual).
    • etc.
    05-10-2015 11:23 AM
    I already wrote big instructions and manuals for newbies, but... In Russian of course. I trying to write for all, with all details. But if I use my native language I think you understand that I can use the most difficult language constructions. In this case, I have to spend a lot of time to translate one manual on simple and understandable text in English.

Even on this post, I spent about 15 minutes.

So I haven't enough time to write full post, but I think it's must include simple things like:
    • Differences from Lumias.
    • CSC: Why? For what?
    • Firmware builds (CMK2, BME2 etc): What are the differences? Explanation of abbreviations.
    • Flashing: Why? How?
    • FAQ about bugs and their solutions.
    • The latest information about the latest f/w. And links to update (I already wrote one manual).
    • etc.
    Here is what we gonna do. If you have some instructions written on English, just send it to my email and i will correct them and send to megadragon998, Is that ok? :) i will write you my email in a private message here when you tell me that your instructions are ready :)
    05-10-2015 04:19 PM
    Okay, good idea. I will try to find a free time.
    05-10-2015 04:47 PM
    8.1.1 image for flashing ?
    05-11-2015 03:46 PM
    There is no new image for flashing. Only WP8.0 GDR3 (CMK2/CMJ1).
    05-11-2015 05:07 PM
    I was prompted with a "Samsung Update" today on CSC BTU, with PFD off.
    I assume this is FW 2424.15.3.2 but when I try to install it fails with error code 801882d1.
    Does anyone else have this problem, or know of a work round?

Edit: Turns out this was a transient problem. Updated successfully on the 3rd attempt.
    Last edited by SymmetryPlus; 05-12-2015 at 08:15 PM.
    mjb666 likes this.
    05-12-2015 03:57 AM
    Guys, i think MS just fooled us. As you may see, microsoft quits developer unlocking for Windows Phone 8.0, which means no more sideload and no more inter-op :( Any workaround?
    05-14-2015 12:24 AM
    hello, received new Ativ S firmware yesterday. Does that mean I can now install update 2 without worrying about the reboot issue?
    05-14-2015 04:54 AM
    Does that mean I can now install update 2 without worrying about the reboot issue?
    Yes.
    05-14-2015 06:17 AM
    Guys, i think MS just fooled us.
    No. It's nonsense. Interop Unlock don't linked with this block. Use customs from WOLF or spavlin.
    05-14-2015 06:19 AM
    Well it has sense if you actually use official firmware and need developer unlock to sideload interop XAPs :)
    05-14-2015 07:28 AM
    grozaman, thank you !
    wp_ss_20150519_0001.jpg
    grozaman likes this.
    05-19-2015 06:05 AM
    A little bit offtopic, but let's make this topic alive. :)

What do you think, is it worth changing Ativ S with Lumia 640?
    Bigger screen, but maybe not better? Glance? Double tap? But maybe slower?
    05-27-2015 05:13 PM

Not worth changing IMO. I wanted to switch to lumia 640 but noticed it really isn't worth it :/
    05-28-2015 07:54 AM

Unless your Ativ S dies, then no; wait for the next batch of flagships.
    05-29-2015 05:15 AM
    My friend have this one. It's very good device from low cost range I think. It's not slower, with 4G it seems faster! (really)
    05-29-2015 08:11 AM
2,690 ... 8990919293 ...