Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

p111

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
So it comes down to the quick settings and the increased number ans transparency of tiles. I had the dev preview on my ativ s but i flashed it back to gdr2 because my ativ s runs flawlessly with it.
Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So it comes down to the quick settings and the increased number ans transparency of tiles. I had the dev preview on my ativ s but i flashed it back to gdr2 because my ativ s runs flawlessly with it.
Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
You should really try to go up to GDR3, my Ativ S is working even better on GDR3, than GDR2 :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they will be reading this forum. :p
Actually they do, every OEM has a team of researchers who read forums, dedicated pages, etc. That way they got a "first hand" feedback.
Now, what they do with that feedback and how much they are listening to those people commenting, that's another story.
I have a friend who is in one of those research teams of HTC. And she told me that every OEM has that kind of team.

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
According to the fact that samsung Ativ camera app has been developed i think that we can expect the firmware update sooner as it possible.

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
That wouldbe a very frustrating kob. Reading all comments etc, but not being allowed to join the discussion b/c of the fact that u might say stuff that is not official.

I do wonder if Samsung really has people like that for the winpho platform tho; they have revealed in the past that the windows phone sales figures are not what they were expecting. Also, they don't provide any information what so ever regarding a firmware update or whatever. Some news would be nice. Any news at this point, lol

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am on wp 8.0.
If the official 8.1 will not be available until GDR1 will be available for developer I will join to developer preview program

anon(5914335)

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I am on wp 8.0.
If the official 8.1 will not be available until GDR1 will be available for developer I will join to developer preview program

There are issues with 8.1 on the Ativ S and thus everyones clamouring for a firmware update in this thread. You are better off staying on 8.0 until Samsung officially supports 8.1 on the Ativ S.

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh god, next year, if anything have changed, I'll move to nexus... I tried to support Wp 8.1 for a long time, but its very, very disappointing... I have been optimist for 2 years, its time to say the truth guys, we all know that windows phone will fail... WP 8.1 is there last chance.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh god, next year, if anything have changed, I'll move to nexus... I tried to support Wp 8.1 for a long time, but its very, very disappointing... I have been optimist for 2 years, its time to say the truth guys, we all know that windows phone will fail... WP 8.1 is there last chance.
Oh how wrong you are, you have no idea. Recent numbers shows the WP8.x OS is gaining more and more attraction world wide, and his "progress line" is upward, not downward. Go ahead, use Google to google it. :) It's not the MS or OEM's to blame here, it's the carriers who needs to be blame for taking too long time to approve the updates and roll them out. Samsung stated that all his WP8 phones will be supported with the new firmware who is already in final stage. Phones mainly included here are ATIV S and ATIV S Neo and ATIV SE. :)
And i am little bit confused with some of your statements in your post. I don't know, maybe it's a simple typo error, for example"
"I tried to support WP8.1 for a long time..." - First of all WP8.1 is out for 3 months already and it's not official its Developer Preview, so basically means it's BETA or GENERIC if you prefer more. Ofcorse it will have bugs. But if you meant WP8, then thats another story, which brings other confusion... Why did you bought the WP8 device in a first place? I assume that you got sick of Android and wanted to try something new so you give it a try to WP8. Does your WP8 device suit you good so far? Did it provided the necessary things you do on your smartphone in a daily basics? If Yes, then what else do you need from your WP8 Device? Just don't tell me "The Apps" cuz that answer is long gone now since the WP Store grew a lot. More and more official apps are getting in the store every day. We got so many good 3rd party apps that provide even better user experience than the official one. So, "The Lack of Apps" is not the answer you need now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte