Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone called Samsung US? I don't even dare to check out Serbian as last time i asked something about it they were like "Oh, Samsung makes Windows Phone devices?". Yeah, this is the official Samsung store for Serbia...

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Just talked to the german samsung support via chat. Only positive thing; they didn't get confused about android/wp.
But in the end, they send me back to microsoft, saying that they are only responsible for the hardware and that software is all microsoft. And after telling them, that the OS part is delivered since.. uhm.. idk, 1-2 months? and all that is missing, is firmware by samsung, they told me that they don't have any informations...

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help me get the gdr3 firmware ?
Well, first thing first, Welcome to WP Central Forums.
Rule No1: I am sure most of your questions are already answered somewhere on this forum, for that I suggest you use the SEARCH button on this forum, not just pop in and ask questions.
But ok, now that we clear that, what i need from you to be able to help you (just this time, next time you are on your own), I need you to provide me with this things:
- Phone Model (full name/branding and model)
- Your OS Version and Firmware Revision number (Can be found in Settings/About/More Information)
- The name of your country and carrier (I assume you are Romanian)
- Your default CSC (in dialpad type: ##634# , wait for 10 seconds and it will install Diagnosis app in your App List. Click Diagnosis and in it dialpad type *#321647335 , it will open the CSC Converter (Odyssey_121205), scroll the list and see what CSC is checked. DO NOT touch or check anything else, use the Back button to get out of there.)
- Check in CSC Converter if you have CSC's like ATO or NEE (You check this while you are in CSC Converter (Odyssey_121205) .

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
@ George
I am from Romania and my Ativ have CSC EUR and
os version: 8.0.10517.150
firmware: 2424.13.11.2
I don't know more about the phone, I bought SH
I understand you was on dev preview and after you change CSC your phone loose the dev preview update. Is correct? but the bugs? still there?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
@ George
I am from Romania and my Ativ have CSC EUR and
os version: 8.0.10517.150
firmware: 2424.13.11.2
I don't know more about the phone, I bought SH
I understand you was on dev preview and after you change CSC your phone loose the dev preview update. Is correct? but the bugs? still there?
You got the GDR3 :)
But there is also a painless way to downgrade from WP8.1 DP to WP8 GDR3 without voiding the warranty, just search for this thread or WP Central Forums in all. :)

George Diaconescu

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, usually I do try to search first, but I did ask politely one page back and no one tried to answer. I would have expected less hostility, specifically cause it's such a rare phone that nobody knows about it, not even Samsung.

Anyway, here are my specs :

- l used to have CSC DBT but changed it yesterday to ATO hoping I would get the firmware update then went ahead with the hard reset, and lost all saved settings - cause backups were gone - but still no firmware update
- phone was bought as new, and unlocked. My country is, as you've guessed Romania, carrier Orange
- firmware : 2424.13.5.1
- os : 8.10.12397.895 - running dev preview (have been since gdr1)
If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, if not I'll lose a few hours and search the forums.

@Dan Preda: Changing CSC did absolutely nothing, other than frustration. (the reset looks to have cleared the backup ?)

Regards.

akoj

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone called Samsung US? I don't even dare to check out Serbian as last time i asked something about it they were like "Oh, Samsung makes Windows Phone devices?". Yeah, this is the official Samsung store for Serbia...

Ne znam koje je Samsungovo zastupni?tvo gore: va?e ili na?e? -.-

@Boris

Jesi li kontaktirao makedonski Samsung?

Inače, izgleda da su svi na ovoj temi Balkanci. :D

Last edited:

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
HTC, Huawei und Samsung ?u?ern sich zu Update auf Windows Phone 8.1
(german)

Keine Aussage zum Thema Windows-Phone-Update f?r das Ativ S gibt es dagegen von Samsung. Der s?dkoreanische Hersteller teilte uns k?rzlich mit, er werde keine Aussagen mehr zu Updates - auch f?r Galaxy-Smartphones und -Tablets mit Android - treffen.

Roughly translated:
From Samsung there is no statement regarding updating the Ativ S. The South Korean manufacturer stated, that they won't give out any statements about future updates on any devices - including Galaxy Smartphones and Android Tablets.
---

The tone in the Article suggests that there won't be any updates for the Ativ since even GDR3 Updates were pulled in some regions. And apparently the Ativ S is EOL and not available any more.

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah well, let's not jump to conclusions. I'm thinking Microsoft has some leverage here too.. If nothing is happenening, they might try to persuade Samsung to help out users. We will just have to wait some more i guess.. Also, i'm thinking it aint helping that Microsoft releases update after update in a fast pace. They need to give OEMS some time to adjust too..

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, usually I do try to search first, but I did ask politely one page back and no one tried to answer. I would have expected less hostility, specifically cause it's such a rare phone that nobody knows about it, not even Samsung.

Anyway, here are my specs :

- l used to have CSC DBT but changed it yesterday to ATO hoping I would get the firmware update then went ahead with the hard reset, and lost all saved settings - cause backups were gone - but still no firmware update
- phone was bought as new, and unlocked. My country is, as you've guessed Romania, carrier Orange
- firmware : 2424.13.5.1
- os : 8.10.12397.895 - running dev preview (have been since gdr1)
If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, if not I'll lose a few hours and search the forums.

@Dan Preda: Changing CSC did absolutely nothing, other than frustration. (the reset looks to have cleared the backup ?)

Regards.
Oh George, you have the WP8.1 Developer Preview. I thought you have WP8 GDR2 and you needed to upgrade to GDR3. Sorry bro, those CSC changing methods are for WP8 phones. Sorry if i sounded rude in my comment, but really it wasn't my intention at all. My intention was to tell you how things works in tech forums.
Anyway, If you are looking to downgrade from WP8.1 DP to WP8 GDR3, there is a way to flash the GDR3 without a need of your phone to be interop unlocked and voiding your warranty. I think the links and methods are already told in this thread, It is 7 pages long, search for it. But remember this, before you do the flashing, if you don't know how to do it, DO NOT do it, take it to someone who know how to do it, cuz you might end up with a bricked phone altho the process is pretty simple and straight forward.
That's all I can help you for now, cuz i haven't upgraded to WP8.1 DP, cuz i decided to wait for the official upgrade. Cheers :)

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I had talked with samsung romania support....they said to me that they gonna search for information and give me an answer on email..i hope i will get a date...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think sausung will provide any support or update for the ativ S....
gEtAPaTaLkED

They are still a WP partner so they will release WP8.1 for the ATIV S, as for when that will happen I would say after GDR1 is released. As for support and updates my ATIV S has received every update they put out for it, GDR1,2 and 3.

tooly26

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
They are still a WP partner so they will release WP8.1 for the ATIV S, as for when that will happen I would say after GDR1 is released. As for support and updates my ATIV S has received every update they put out for it, GDR1,2 and 3.

Hehehe, WP partner? Huawei WP partner too, WP 8.1 update? no :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers