Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I got an email back from the CEO of Escalations:

"they have advised this update can only be released by Microsoft. Once they have released the software that is compatible with your device you will receive an alert."

Shouldn't we ask this question to Microsoft then?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Evo bosanca.............Doboj na usluzi!:cool:
dobar vam ovaj Ativ - u BiH ga nema ni za lijeka!
Aj ne zezaj, stvarno? :) Jel ga ti imas, odakle si ga nabavio?
ATIV S je zakon mobilni :) Ne bih ga menjao ni za SGS5, LG G3, Xperia Z2 ili M8 :)
Bok!
Dok Samsung izbaci update naći ćemo još nekog Crnogorca I Slovenca.

Ma tu su samo se kriju, sad ce oni :)
Sakupila se stara Yuga na WP Central :)

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Ahahah, e dobri ste :)
Anyways, they are playing a classic volleyball game with us : Samsung says ask MS and MS says ask Samsung, it's ridiculous...

miki89

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Evo da vam olaksam potragu ima i nas iz BGD-a koji koirstimo Ativ S..sa preview for developer i custom rom-om, interlop unlocked.. :) na mom se izlizao ekran od pritiskanja dugmeta za porveru update-a u nadi da ce Samsung izbaciti firmware.. samo se plasim da ne bude kao sa HTC-om sad, sto je objavio da 8s nece dobiti update.. :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Guys, this is an english forum... why don't you use it, so the rest of us can get what you're talking about ?
George, whatever is said on non-english is not worth reading it, cuz it has nothing to do with the thread topic, so you are not missing anything. We were just joking, lol.
Whatever is said on english on the other side, well... you already read it and its topic related. We are just having fun on non-english while waiting for the update :)

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Evo da vam olaksam potragu ima i nas iz BGD-a koji koirstimo Ativ S..sa preview for developer i custom rom-om, interlop unlocked.. :) na mom se izlizao ekran od pritiskanja dugmeta za porveru update-a u nadi da ce Samsung izbaciti firmware.. samo se plasim da ne bude kao sa HTC-om sad, sto je objavio da 8s nece dobiti update.. :)

Kao shto sam procitao negde, HTC je rekao da ce 8X, 8S i 8XT dobiti update, imalo je nekih problema al izjavili su da rade na fix kako bi njihovi WP8 modeli dobili taj update.
(English version) As I have read somewhere, HTC said that 8X, 8S and 8XT will get the update after they fix the bug that was causing it not to get it, it should be out soon.
Ok, from now on, we promise no more non-english talking, it will be all english :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ahahah, e dobri ste :)
Anyways, they are playing a classic volleyball game with us : Samsung says ask MS and MS says ask Samsung, it's ridiculous...
Yeah, like that WW2 joke:
Day 1: Nazzies comes to the forest and throw away the partizans
Day 2: Partizans returns to the forest and throw away the Nazzies.
Day 3: Nazzies, returns to the forest and throw away Partizans again.
Day 4: Partizans returns to the forest and throws Nazzies again.
DAY 5: Forest Security Officer had it enough, comes to the forest and throws them both, hahaha

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I emailed Samsung again today and asked if the comment in their last email, see an earlier comment by me, meant that the update is ready to go and they are waiting on Microsoft to roll it out. Just waiting for a reply.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I emailed Samsung again today and asked if the comment in their last email, see an earlier comment by me, meant that the update is ready to go and they are waiting on Microsoft to roll it out. Just waiting for a reply.
Holy crap neo158, I just figure it out that you are Alan on Pocketnow :) cool.
Oh, btw, I did copy the answer from Samsung from your previous post and send it yesterday to 15 of my friends to send it from their email to Samsung with the question you just posted above, so let's see who get's the answer first :). The more you push them, the faster they gonna answer/release a firmware (wishful thinking), lol

Slafino

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20140804_0002.pngHello,
I downloading new UPDATE with preview for developer and mobile after reboot displays a message "update failed to install". Please help

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes i have 12,05Gb free .. please you can help me ... ?
Soft reset and try again. If that doesn't help Hard Reset and then try again (note that on hard reset you will lose all your installed apps and accounts, you have to reinstall everything and add accounts, so back up before you do a hard reset)

Slafino

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
When i click reset (settings>about phone>reset phone) after rebooting i login to my MS account and I offered backup (Samsung I8750 and freh new start ) when select ? ...I,m use preview for developers (country : Slovakia ) .... thank,s and sorry my english :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have some good news from the same CEO of Customer Services at Samsung:

I can confirm this software update is currently awaiting to be rolled out by Microsoft.

Looks like the update should be rolled out very soon (oh crap, I said the s-word) :excited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
When i click reset (settings>about phone>reset phone) after rebooting i login to my MS account and I offered backup (Samsung I8750 and freh new start ) when select ? ...I,m use preview for developers (country : Slovakia ) .... thank,s and sorry my english :)
Dude, thats a hard reset, not soft reset :) Soft reset in ATIV S is when you hold on power button and then slide down to turn off the phone, then wait for 10 seconds and turn it on again.
Settings>About>Reset Phone is HARD RESET (Factory Reset)
Ok, so I assume you already did Hard Reset, so can you install updates now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos