Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Back to topic please, this is not the right place for speculations.
and just explain to me how is that off topic?
Isn't the name of this thread "Expecting Samsung Ativ S firmware update?" ??? Was I talking about the updates? Yes I was, and those are not speculations, those are news what tech sites are reporting every day. I guess you haven't read the whole 11 pages of the thread and see what we actually talking about here. Most of us here do a research, contact Samsung (like me, neo158 and others) and many other things that we share here with others. You are not a moderator or order keeper of the thread to tell us what to talk and what is speculations and what is not. Speculations in the smartphone and tech world are part of every marketing strategy of any manufacturer, but you knew that, right? :)
Instead of telling what is speculations and what not, how about you do a research and provide us with fresh news? Doesn't matter if those are rumors or speculations, just participate like we all do here. Thank you!

pod4711

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
and just explain to me how is that off topic?
Isn't the name of this thread "Expecting Samsung Ativ S firmware update?" ??? Was I talking about the updates? Yes I was, and those are not speculations, those are news what tech sites are reporting every day. I guess you haven't read the whole 11 pages of the thread and see what we actually talking about here. Most of us here do a research, contact Samsung (like me, neo158 and others) and many other things that we share here with others. You are not a moderator or order keeper of the thread to tell us what to talk and what is speculations and what is not. Speculations in the smartphone and tech world are part of every marketing strategy of any manufacturer, but you knew that, right? :)
Instead of telling what is speculations and what not, how about you do a research and provide us with fresh news? Doesn't matter if those are rumors or speculations, just participate like we all do here. Thank you!

Wow, calm down! You were not only speculating about the date Samsung will release the update, but also about upcoming devices, which has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Yes, I'm not a moderator but I think everybody here should be able to remind other people to respect the thread's topic. It's annoying when you get excited because there is a new post in a thread you follow only to find out it has nothing to do with what you are interested in.

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow, calm down! You were not only speculating about the date Samsung will release the update, but also about upcoming devices, which has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Yes, I'm not a moderator but I think everybody here should be able to remind other people to respect the thread's topic. It's annoying when you get excited because there is a new post in a thread you follow only to find out it has nothing to do with what you are interested in.
I agree with Boris; his post was on topic, relevant enough to the firmware update and more relevant and useful to be notified about than your attempt at a mod post.

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Boris was on topic so stop it with spam...a lot of messages from heres are not correlated with samsung 8.1 updated...PLEASE POST ONLY ABOUT THE TITLE...not problems with your phones...thats another section....

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Guys, he is a newcomer and relatively new on the WP Central forums, give him a brake, he will find his way here. I am sure he didn't mean harm when he posted that. And pod4711, I apologize if i was a bit harsh towards you with my response, but I just wanted to clear the things so we cannot have further misunderstandings :) Hope you understand.
Ok guys, now back to the topic, what have you all learn today or these days? :) Share it :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have an idea and i post it few posts above, but here it is again:
Why don't we all get the email of that CEO (or if it has a contact form on the site) and we all write him and ask him about the Samsung WP devices if they gonna get the new WP8.1 firmware or not?
I mean, maybe it won't change anything, but maybe it will, we won't know if we don't try, right? Don't get me serious, this is just a suggestion :)

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have an idea and i post it few posts above, but here it is again:
Why don't we all get the email of that CEO (or if it has a contact form on the site) and we all write him and ask him about the Samsung WP devices if they gonna get the new WP8.1 firmware or not?
I mean, maybe it won't change anything, but maybe it will, we won't know if we don't try, right? Don't get me serious, this is just a suggestion :)
Just sent an email to the CEO asking for information. I'll post here if I get any answer

Oversoul7

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I remember when GDR3 came out, it was almost immediately available for the ATIV S. I thought the same might be the case with 8.1 but judging from neo's post it seems Microsoft is prioritizing Nokia phones.

Its is my speculation that the firmware was worked on immediately after the developer preview and is just awaiting the go from Microsoft.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I remember when GDR3 came out, it was almost immediately available for the ATIV S

Well, not every ATIV S user can receive GDR3 as fast as you did, at least not in my region, I'll be lucky to receive GDR2, since some other users in my region still couldn't receive GDR2.

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Thats why Samsung inadvertily gave us the option to change regions pretty easy. :D

Why wait, when u can temporarily change the region, receive the update, and then change region back to the original, lol
I remember when GDR3 came out, it was almost immediately available for the ATIV S. I thought the same might be the case with 8.1 but judging from neo's post it seems Microsoft is prioritizing Nokia phones.

Its is my speculation that the firmware was worked on immediately after the developer preview and is just awaiting the go from Microsoft.
Why would MS be qaiting to give a "go" on independant OEM firmware? Did they do so in the past..?

I do think MS is dropping the ball on several other things (like the 8.1 GDR update which al LOT of people can't apply - including me b/c of the notorious xx308 partitioning error) Nice testing again on your end, Microsoft. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs