Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes...Ativ S...bought from Poland...got the GDR3...csc code is XEO...Polish region set to Poland, but still no update
First of all Welcome to WPCentral forums, since i see you are a newbie here.
Second of all, you have the latest OFFICIAL Samsung firmware, since Samsung still haven't roll out their 8.1 firmware for their WP devices. Unless you wanna go with the WP8.1 Preview for Developers, I would recommend you to stay put and wait for the OFFICAL release.
Third if all, since you are a newbie here I will not criticized you for not firstly using the Search option here and looking for your answers and since your question was about APN settings in WP8.1 where you clearly are not using it and asked in a wrong thread, here is a link to a thread where you can find your answer:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...developers/293922-modifying-apn-settings.html
My advice to you: I am not being rude here so don't go there, I'm just politely pointing you directions for further usage of these Forums. So, next time you have a question, either browse through Forums or just use the Search option above every thread title on the right side of it. If you don't find the answer of your question (which i highly doubted you won't find), then find a thread that is close to the category where your question fits in and ask there. Hope you understand me. Cheers :)

Last edited:

Alex Boom

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok...thnx...i understand...i'm just confused with people saying they get different FW versions while having the 8.1...
so all i am asking is if they have already released some FW update along with the 8.1 that has to be triggered in a different way, f.e to get the previous GDR3 i had to change apn settings...
so i guess it all comes in bundle 8.1 and FW...i hope not too late ;)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok...thnx...i understand...i'm just confused with people saying they get different FW versions while having the 8.1...
so all i am asking is if they have already released some FW update along with the 8.1 that has to be triggered in a different way, f.e to get the previous GDR3 i had to change apn settings...
so i guess it all comes in bundle 8.1 and FW...i hope not too late ;)

The people with different firmware versions likely haven't got GDR3 yet, they are using the T899M version of the ATIV S which has different firmware as it uses LTE or they have the ATIV S Neo or ATIV SE.

Oversoul7

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Bellow are the screenshots so you can see it for your self. Thats the prove! :)
View attachment 77549

Boris, it seems that I use my phone more than yours! As a test i disabled mobile data and checked my whatsapp and the news only periodically, as a result I haven't charged it in 24 hours this morning it was at 70%, all this while using the white background instead of black! So i guess the battery is fine, just my usage causes the drainage...after all I rely on whatsapp and internet browsing alot and have my celluar data on virtually the entire time. But it must mean you are not on whatsapp etc. for long periods of time.

Yes the firmware will arrive I am sure of it as well, I also am expecting it in september.I just hope for one thing: that the mobile data option will be added to the quick action menu, cause from what i've heard and seen so far it isn't there!!!! Only bluetooth, wifi and other customizable shortcuts! Why they would fail to include it makes absolutely no sense. Let's hope its just a developer preview thing.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Boris, it seems that I use my phone more than yours! As a test i disabled mobile data and checked my whatsapp and the news only periodically, as a result I haven't charged it in 24 hours this morning it was at 70%, all this while using the white background instead of black! So i guess the battery is fine, just my usage causes the drainage...after all I rely on whatsapp and internet browsing alot and have my celluar data on virtually the entire time. But it must mean you are not on whatsapp etc. for long periods of time.

Yes the firmware will arrive I am sure of it as well, I also am expecting it in september.I just hope for one thing: that the mobile data option will be added to the quick action menu, cause from what i've heard and seen so far it isn't there!!!! Only bluetooth, wifi and other customizable shortcuts! Why they would fail to include it makes absolutely no sense. Let's hope its just a developer preview thing.
Really? a shortcut to mobile data can't be added to action center? Since i didn't go with developers preview, I don't know about that, but here I am, learning something every day :)
I gave you my type of usage of the phone so you can compare it with yours. So we concluded that your battery is just fine. With that amount of usage, having your battery last for 24 hours, means your battery is perfect. i am sure that if you use your phone like i do, you will get the same battery life as mine.
No, i am not a heavy Whatsapp user or any other social/messaging app user, i use them from time to time, when i want to check out whats going on. :)

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Quick questions:

1) if you have CSC ATO: what's the firmware your i8750 has got?
2) Is it the latest one, AFAYK?
2) What about those with CSC for Nothern EU Countries (can't remember the CSC acronym now, I mean Scandinavians)? Are they getting an even more recent firmware maybe?

I'm still speaking about GDR3 firmware, of course. I wonder if switching to one of those would put me in the first lanes once Samsung opens the 8.1+fw update.

(I have CSC DBT as of now, thus NOT EVEN getting GDR3... hence with a veeeery old firmware)

lzeta

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
The people with different firmware versions likely haven't got GDR3 yet, they are using the T899M version of the ATIV S which has different firmware as it uses LTE or they have the ATIV S Neo or ATIV SE.

Thanks, infact my firmware version is 2424.13.10.1 and I think is the last release for GT-I8750 ATIV-S

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Quick questions:

1) if you have CSC ATO: what's the firmware your i8750 has got?
2) Is it the latest one, AFAYK?
2) What about those with CSC for Nothern EU Countries (can't remember the CSC acronym now, I mean Scandinavians)? Are they getting an even more recent firmware maybe?

I'm still speaking about GDR3 firmware, of course. I wonder if switching to one of those would put me in the first lanes once Samsung opens the 8.1+fw update.

(I have CSC DBT as of now, thus NOT EVEN getting GDR3... hence with a veeeery old firmware)

Ok here we go:
1. ATO is a firmware for Austria. You do know what CSC means, right?
2. ATO or NEE are CSC's that got the latest Update 3 (GDR3) and the OS version you will get with GDR3 should be: 8.0.10501.127 or 8.0.10512.142**, Firmware (or Firmware Revision Number) should be: 2424.13.11.2, that should be the numbers you get with GDR3.
3. Northen EU Countries? I think you refer to NEE, which is Scandinavian CSC, and to be more precise, it's Swedish CSC. The trick with changing your CSC with ATO or NEE is about you to be able to download latest WP8 Update 3 (publicly known as GDR3). I got my GDR3 here in Macedonia through T-Mobile MK and I leave to stay on NEE, didn't went back to MBM who is my default CSC. It supposed to get the firmware among all others but that not necessarily means it will get it first. When Samsung release their firmware for WP8.1.1, we will get it faster than Nokia, cuz there are not that much Samsung WP phones they need to get it. In my calculations we should get the firmware right after IFA Berlin (Sept 5th - Sept. 10th 2014).
The thing is, if you have ATO or NEE on your phone, then your phone or carrier is compatible with all those CSC's and you might be able to get the GDR3. I on my own ATIV S i8750 have 40 different CSC's which i thought is normal, but when i saw here on the forums that many of the people have 1 or up to 10 various CSC's on their phones. I guess i got lucky with 40 different CSC's, LoL.
Hope this helped you :)

cbmago

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

just to say that my firmware is 2424.13.10.1 too! My OS version is 8.0.10517.150. I have ATO selected, and i?m waiting too :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

just to say that my firmware is 2424.13.10.1 too! My OS version is 8.0.10517.150. I have ATO selected, and i?m waiting too :)

Well, you have GDR3 (8.0.10517.150), but a firmware from GDR2 (2424.13.10.1). Try changing ATO to NEE, and see if you can pick up the GDR3 firmware.
Numbers for the full GDR3 should be like this:
MS Update: 8.0.10517.150 (3rd and 4th number could vary 105xx.1xx)
Firmware revision number: 2424.13.11.2
Radio Software version: 2424.13.9.1
Bootloader version: 13.08.14.16

cbmago

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Boris, but i only have six CSC (ATO, BTU DBT, ITV XEF, XEO) no NEE.
I have all that numbers, Firmware is the only one different

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, you have GDR3 (8.0.10517.150), but a firmware from GDR2 (2424.13.10.1). Try changing ATO to NEE, and see if you can pick up the GDR3 firmware.
Numbers for the full GDR3 should be like this:
MS Update: 8.0.10517.150 (3rd and 4th number could vary 105xx.1xx)
Firmware revision number: 2424.13.11.2
Radio Software version: 2424.13.9.1
Bootloader version: 13.08.14.16

I had GDR3 with the 2424.13.10.1 firmware as well, it is one of the firmware versions for GDR3. I would assume that the 2424.13.11.2 firmware just fixes some minor issues with the previous firmware version that the rest of us have.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I had GDR3 with the 2424.13.10.1 firmware as well, it is one of the firmware versions for GDR3. I would assume that the 2424.13.11.2 firmware just fixes some minor issues with the previous firmware version that the rest of us have.

It might be that, but when i did updates (from GDR1 to GDR2 and later GDR3) I write down all the numbers for each Update.
When I update to GDR2, the firmware number was exactly like that 2424.13.10.1, so after that when i update to GDR3, the Firmware Revision number changed to 2424.13.11.2 (no additional update after getting GDR3), that's what confused me, and that's why i though 2424.13.10.1 is actually a GDR2 firmware, but ok, we learn something everyday :)

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm so hoping my battery life improves with Samsung firmware.. It's gotten way worse for me since 8.1. If i compare it with some of the things i read in this topic, i really don't get it. Battery sense shows no big drains what so ever. With limited usage of my Ativ, and it has been charging all night, i get to recharge it the next night again cause the remaining battery life has dropped under 30%/20%. Apps show virtually no usage except for the app Grin, which is an imgur app I do use several during the day. Which is not allowed to run in the background anyways.

The only thing i can think of is dat cellular data is on, and wifi is on. And with "on" i mean that i don't explicitely turn them off when not using the phone. Wifi sense is off, the "keep wifi on when screen times out" setting is off.. Apps that are allowed to run in the background (but using almost no battery) are:

* Tile clock (shows a clock on the homescreen)
* Whatsapp
* Onedrive (in order to upload photos in the background)
* Regenmeter (a dutch local weather forecast)

To try to track down the issue, I've turned off some apps that were also allowed to run in the background. Battery saver itself (read on several occasions that allowing it to run in background causes drains?), did the same for the default WP8 calender calender app (just to see if that matters) and another app called Upcoming Tile. Also set the screen to the most dark setting and disabling the sensor..

Still, I have a feeling it's related with the Wifi/cellular data being on most of the time, and the crappy drivers probably in use in 8.1. :(
I sometimes have bad cell reception in certain areas of my home. Could that be a cause for the phone to use a lot more battery aswell?

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you have many email accounts in your phone? I've noticed, that my sync settings where changed when I updated to 8.1
Without any warning all my mail synced with the setting "on usage"

Setting it back to hourly did the trick for me.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It might be that, but when i did updates (from GDR1 to GDR2 and later GDR3) I write down all the numbers for each Update.
When I update to GDR2, the firmware number was exactly like that 2424.13.10.1, so after that when i update to GDR3, the Firmware Revision number changed to 2424.13.11.2 (no additional update after getting GDR3), that's what confused me, and that's why i though 2424.13.10.1 is actually a GDR2 firmware, but ok, we learn something everyday :)

I changed CSC from DBT to ATO, then I got GDR3 with firmware 2424.13.10.1 also. Don't have NEE in the list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb