Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
That's a Samsung Fail, how?

Just because Microsoft Mobile devices require a firmware update for Update 1 it doesn't mean Samsung devices will, the most the new firmware will bring is Hey Cortana support for certain handsets.

Its your opinion, I accept it but I dont agree :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
how?
Who said anything about releasing firmware for WP 8.1 on Samsung? NOBODY. Microsoft will roll out a new FW for 8.1 + Update 1 but SAM users needs to wait for... maybe nothing? Thats a fail

Who said anything about NOT releasing firmware for WP8.1 on Samsung? NOBODY. Most Lumia users will have to wait for firmware for update 1 so I don't see how that's a fail for Samsung.

Last edited:

themainman

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Can you really blame Samsung for not yet announcing any firmware updates with the DP-Bitlocker issue and the problems that HTC had with 8.1? My guess is that they are waiting for MS to fully resolve the Bitlocker problem before announcing their updates.

tooly26

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I read this thread now nearly every day because I hope somebody write the rollout has begun, but all I read is the update is coming, somebody @samsung say that. No the update is not coming, I don't believe that.I think that I think that.... This is really boring.

Please people, lets wait and see...

gEtAPaTaLkED

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Can you really blame Samsung for not yet announcing any firmware updates with the DP-Bitlocker issue and the problems that HTC had with 8.1? My guess is that they are waiting for MS to fully resolve the Bitlocker problem before announcing their updates.

That and the fact that update 1 was released about a day after WP8.1!!!!

This probably means that Samsung are waiting for update 1 to be released so that we get WP 8.1 w/update 1 plus the firmware as well.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I read this thread now nearly every day because I hope somebody write the rollout has begun, but all I read is the update is coming, somebody @samsung say that. No the update is not coming, I don't believe that.I think that I think that.... This is really boring.

Please people, lets wait and see...

gEtAPaTaLkED

Then talk to Samsung yourself, that's what the rest of us did and that's how we got the answers we posted here.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Then keep pestering them, that's how I know that it's coming this month but without a specific date.

without specific date means NO update
i know a lot of people working at help lines, IT centers etc.
they dont know anything about future plans they are repeating the same answer over and over. Sometimes they tell you a lie just to finish the call.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
they dont know anything about future plans they are repeating the same answer over and over. Sometimes they tell you a lie just to finish the call.

So because they haven't specified a date then there is no update coming, wtf are you smoking!!!!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Samsung firmware is in the works, and will be probably start rolling between after IFA Berlin and end of September. Nokia/Microsoft has rolled out numerous updates/firmwares fixing this, adding that, etc. The last one is called Denim (in case you follow IFA 2014 events), So, probably Samsung will combine all of them and just release one major update (along with Denim, what they can use from that). Samsung doesn't have that much wp devices that needed to be upgraded to 8.1 like Nokia has, so it's gonna be easier. I think they have total of 3 devices, ATIV S (i8750 & T899), ATIV S Neo and ATIV SE, and i am not sure about Odyssey. So, just calm down people. If you want that much to have 8.1 WP device, then get a Nokia one or the other WP devices that came with pre-loaded WP8.1.
Maybe it's my way of thinking, but do you really want the WP8.1 firmware that bad so you are ready to drop your Samsung WP device and get Nokia just because it can be upgraded to WP8.1? My ATIV S i8750 is working perfectly with WP8 GDR3, and it gets job done whatever i throw him to do. I am not that eager to get the WP8.1. When it comes, will come, if not, i am not even thinking to sell my device just because doesn't get the WP8.1. It's work perfectly with WP8 GDR3.
Chill out a bit, you gonna get a stroke, and we don't want that, right? :)
(Disclaimer: Even tho i quoted Pappale's post, this comment is not just for him, it's in general for everyone) :)

Sasakinator

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Denim update, in any way, will not arrive to the Samsung lineup. I'm at wits end about any fw updates as my phone has had almost every issue known to man (except the system lock) regarding the DP8.1. The phone is sluggish and at most times unresponsive :'(

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
So because they haven't specified a date then there is no update coming, wtf are you smoking!!!!

haha
you have the same informations as I have so.. why are you so mad? Lets just wait. We have 17 pages in this forum with the same info over and over and over re-published. One group is dreaming the other are realists.

This post goes to Boris NevermorE too (I like your fantasy).

:)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
haha
you have the same informations as I have so.. why are you so mad? Lets just wait. We have 17 pages in this forum with the same info over and over and over re-published. One group is dreaming the other are realists.

Why are you so uptight and antagonising?

I doubt you even own an ATIV S and have just come in here to troll, because if you did own one then you would know that Samsung never, ever announce new firmware updates unlike Microsoft Mobile. The only information we have is this month at an unspecified date.

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Denim update, in any way, will not arrive to the Samsung lineup. I'm at wits end about any fw updates as my phone has had almost every issue known to man (except the system lock) regarding the DP8.1. The phone is sluggish and at most times unresponsive :'(
Are you on 8.1 or 8.1 gdr1? Cause i am on 8.1 Dp, and don't recognise these problems. I have noticed the ui can be somewhat more sluggish at times (probably just needs some updated driver to perform better) but have certainly not experienced unresponsiveness. I have noticed certain apps can cause the phone to lock up, so i would suggest to reset your phone and reinstall apps one by one.

One app that is known to cause problems was clock tile. I removed it and replaced it with tile-clock and the problems gone. Would hang up the entire os for some time after some time of not using the phone. Also, the live lock screen beta can add some additional "resuming" screens.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that Denim is Nokia-exclusive.
If you read my post carefully i did said that the MC/Nokia last update is called Denim. Also, I said that maybe Samsung is waiting to see what MS/Nokia will bring with the updates and pull out whatever they can pull from their firmware (including Denim) and add to their own firmware that will work with their WP devices. Just to make sure their WP customers get almost everything what Nokia customers are getting. This is nothing new, i have seen this kind of things in the era of Windows Mobile 6. That was just my simple thinking. :)

No one said that Lumia Denim update will come to Samsung firmware, where did you read that? I just said that maybe they have some cool features there that Samsung might use it to implement them in their 8.1 update. And I am sorry that you have problems with your WP8.1 DP, That's why i decided to stay with WP8 GDR3, cuz maybe i am missing some cool features from WP8.1, but other than that, my ATIV S with GDR3 is working perfect. :) All I can say to you is to be patience and wait for the firmware :)

haha

I specifically said that my post was not about you, and I am not mad, I am just sharing informations with my fellow WP friends. Thats the main purpose of the Forums. People talk, share informations, ask questions, answering questions, etc. The title of this thread is Expecting Samsung Firmware, so i am pretty sure that the word Expecting is in the Speculations Category, so, we are allow to talk, exchange and speculate on this matter. I am sorry if you think that 17 pages of this thread are boring to you, then why did you came here at first place and comment? Write what you wanna write here, no one has nothing against that, but don't tell others what to talk or not. About the part of my post where i talk about WP8.1 and WP8, I was not blaming nor pointing anyone, I was just wondering why is that, I was asking questions to see what others have to say on that matter, but i certainly didn't point anyone of doing what they are doing. :)))

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre