Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Alex Boom

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
please stop quoting replies and fill up this thread with useless argues....Let's keep it ''clean'' and pray for/share any news...

George Diaconescu

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung will release the firmware update until Christmas... But I don't think we'll get anything else (no WP8.1 GDR1+2) or only if they decide to bundle it in the same update, which is highly unlikely.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung will release the firmware update until Christmas... But I don't think we'll get anything else (no WP8.1 GDR1+2) or only if they decide to bundle it in the same update, which is highly unlikely.

GDR1 is likely to be bundled with the WP8.1 update and firmware.

macmelilla

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
To the naysayers: the ATIV Camera app is proof that WP8.1 is coming to Samsung ATIV users, so hold onto your pants and enjoy the wait game. They say its not the destination, but the journey that counts.

ATIV Camera

Is this app available to download with 8.1 gdr1?. I was able to download with 8.1 but not with 8.1 gdr1

Alex Boom

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Boris, if i remember well you were the one that pointed some ''directions'' to me because i connected along with the 8.1 OS and FW update, the APN settings...and now you ask me if i have a problem with the irrelevant and useless argues???

Neo158, do you need a moderator around so to force you to act properly?? You can't do this by yourself??

I think i was quite polite in my previous post and i kindly asked to stop the argues...not from you 2...but generally

Thanks

p111

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
In the german Microsoft-supportforum someone from the Microsoft-team answered that all Ativ S will get 8.1, even the ones with still gdr2 installed. She couldn't give the date of release though. Still we will get official 8.1.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Boris, if i remember well you were the one that pointed some ''directions'' to me because i connected along with the 8.1 OS and FW update, the APN settings...and now you ask me if i have a problem with the irrelevant and useless argues???

Neo158, do you need a moderator around so to force you to act properly?? You can't do this by yourself??

I think i was quite polite in my previous post and i kindly asked to stop the argues...not from you 2...but generally

Thanks
Ok Alex, obviously we step here on a wrong foot, so let just clear some things here first.
Your first post here was a question for those who already have the 8.1 what are their APN settings and did they change their CSC's, which first of all was a question in wrong thread, cuz there were already a thread for that for which when i asked you is your phone ATIV S and you confirmed, I post you the link in my answer to the thread where you can get a better answer, which i found it for you, using the search thing on this forum and it took me around 20 seconds. Was it like that Alex? I also said cuz it was your first or second post here, that you use that Search options to get your answers fast, right? And i said that in a polite way and mention you not to take it personal cuz i was not trying to be rude, right? Right! My point there was not to teach you a lesson how to use the forum, but to point you a solution how to get your answers faster and not to ask the question and just wait someone to respond. And your question back then was a question that was already discussed and answered multiply times in various threads.
As i said before the name of this thread itself is in speculations category, so if you have problem with that, just unsubscribe from this thread and you are good to go. We are here sharing thought and news what we learn, read or watch somewhere, we are just hanging out and having fun. This is not a specific thread where you have to be exact and accurate about some releasing dates, and blah blah blah. And your post about keeping "clean" this thread and not posting nonsense is exactly what a self-centered forum mod will say, but it's ok, I am sure that was not your first intention when you post that, so I am ok with that.
I am sorry, if i ever sound to you like a bossy or an arrogant guy. I tend to know about tech and smartphones more than some people here, so i am always glad that i can help people that need help from people who knows more about tech. And i think i am doing that all the time here.
Relax Alex, just go with the flow. :) It's all good, have a beer on me :)
Cheers.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you a mod? No, then stop telling us what to do.

Well, I'm a Mod...

You've probably noticed that the thread has been pruned somewhat. While I realise that the topic has raised emotions, there's no need at all for people to start attacking one another - it won't solve a thing and won't make you feel any better or make you look better.

Please keep this on topic and be respectful of other people's views. If you feel yourself getting angry, then by all means turn into the Incredible Hulk and squeeze a stress ball.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm a Mod...

You've probably noticed that the thread has been pruned somewhat. While I realise that the topic has raised emotions, there's no need at all for people to start attacking one another - it won't solve a thing and won't make you feel any better or make you look better.

Please keep this on topic and be respectful of other people's views. If you feel yourself getting angry, then by all means turn into the Incredible Hulk and squeeze a stress ball.

Damn, and i was wondering what the hell happen, where the last posts went? Including mine too. But here is what was the whole thing. :) Altho I am not sure why my last post and Oversoul7's last post were deleted, there were not offending posts, but i guess was a part of the argument and so got deleted. It's ok, no problem :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Altho I am not sure why my last post and Oversoul7's last post were deleted, there were not offending posts

Oversoul's post referred to removed posts, so was no longer relevant to the thread; a necessary casualty, I'm afraid. In your case, I'd like to point out that the profanity filter is there for a reason - substituting letters to bypass it doesn't also bypass the "no profanity" forum rule.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Whether Samsung releases firmware updates for ATIV S owners is now a dead subject. Which is a pity because its a really decent device. Oh well.. come upgrade time..i'm getting a Lumia. At least that way, I'm sure to get updates to the device and won't feel abandoned by the manufacturer. All the best Sammy! Twas nice while it lasted.

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Its true...its such a decent phone with nice build, light weight, best OS...its sad tht Sammy is delaying/ignoring the updates..
my phone is still in WP 8 GDR2..I didnt received even GDR3, forget about WP 8.1..

here are details of my phone (I8750):
OS - 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision no - 0424.13.10.1
Hardware revision no - 15.15.1.0

Irrespective of latest sw update, am using this w/o any problem..OS simplicity is best here
..but also feeling like outdated when all lumia users are enjoying latest updates :(

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Whether Samsung releases firmware updates for ATIV S owners is now a dead subject. Which is a pity because its a really decent device. Oh well.. come upgrade time..i'm getting a Lumia. At least that way, I'm sure to get updates to the device and won't feel abandoned by the manufacturer. All the best Sammy! Twas nice while it lasted.
Oh well, my ATIV S is still on WP8 GDR3, didn't install the 8.1 DP version and if we get the 8.1 for our ATIV S's, then would be fine, if not then i am cool with that, my phone still works flawlessly with the OS version that it has it right now. I don't feel left over regarding the Nokia users and i will not feel like that in the future too.
But, as for you, it doesn't matter if you switch to Nokia, the one thing that matters is that you will still be in the WP Family :)))) I respect that :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Its true...its such a decent phone with nice build, light weight, best OS...its sad tht Sammy is delaying/ignoring the updates..
my phone is still in WP 8 GDR2..I didnt received even GDR3, forget about WP 8.1..

here are details of my phone (I8750):
OS - 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision no - 0424.13.10.1
Hardware revision no - 15.15.1.0

Irrespective of latest sw update, am using this w/o any problem..OS simplicity is best here
..but also feeling like outdated when all lumia users are enjoying latest updates :(

Have you tried the known method with switching the CSC's? Can you see what CSC's you have on your phone? We might be able to help you somehow to get the GDR3 if you want it :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Oversoul's post referred to removed posts, so was no longer relevant to the thread; a necessary casualty, I'm afraid. In your case, I'd like to point out that the profanity filter is there for a reason - substituting letters to bypass it doesn't also bypass the "no profanity" forum rule.
No no, it's ok, I am not complaining. The moment i post the comment i figure it out why those comments were delete it.
I'm cool, no worries :) Everything's fine :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99