Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Its true...its such a decent phone with nice build, light weight, best OS...its sad tht Sammy is delaying/ignoring the updates..
my phone is still in WP 8 GDR2..I didnt received even GDR3, forget about WP 8.1..

here are details of my phone (I8750):
OS - 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision no - 0424.13.10.1
Hardware revision no - 15.15.1.0

I'm at 2424.13.5.1

How could I force an update?

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Its true...its such a decent phone with nice build, light weight, best OS...its sad tht Sammy is delaying/ignoring the updates..
my phone is still in WP 8 GDR2..I didnt received even GDR3, forget about WP 8.1..

here are details of my phone (I8750):
OS - 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision no - 0424.13.10.1
Hardware revision no - 15.15.1.0

I'm at 2424.13.5.1

EDIT:

Here's something I found:
"I used the email the CEO link on the support page and just got a phone call back from a Samsung rep. Apparently ETA is mid September to mid October. "

And this:
"Well, no update will be released at all from Samsung for Ativ S. This is a fact. They have problems with the hardware of the ATIV S devices and the new 8.1 operating system that they cannot solve."

I can't post links... But this is from geekzone.co.nz forum.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm at 2424.13.5.1

EDIT:

Here's something I found:
"I used the email the CEO link on the support page and just got a phone call back from a Samsung rep. Apparently ETA is mid September to mid October. "

And this:
"Well, no update will be released at all from Samsung for Ativ S. This is a fact. They have problems with the hardware of the ATIV S devices and the new 8.1 operating system that they cannot solve."

I can't post links... But this is from geekzone.co.nz forum.

I don't believe that last quote though

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Last quote is irrelevant. This user (jonnyuser from geekzone) didn't call nor e-mail support, he's just speculating without any real evidence. And this is his only post.

George Diaconescu

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Guys a windows phone 8.1 update will happen sooner or later, as there wouldn't be any reason as to why Samsung posted their new camera app on the store. At this moment it's just a patience game, but I, for one, am thinking of switching phones as I've had it for some time now.

I was thinking about a Lumia, but they have such a small battery (1520 is way to big for me) so I'm considering going back to an android flag ship of some sort... Apart for the lack of the apps I need for work, the windows experience has been great... and I'll probably get back once Windows phone 9 or Windows 9 phones are available.

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Whether Samsung releases firmware updates for ATIV S owners is now a dead subject. Which is a pity because its a really decent device. Oh well.. come upgrade time..i'm getting a Lumia. At least that way, I'm sure to get updates to the device and won't feel abandoned by the manufacturer. All the best Sammy! Twas nice while it lasted.
A dead subject? Why..? U gave up on waiting?

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah..pretty much.. Samsung continues to drag their feet when it comes to support for ATIV S. So I'm not gonna fuss about it.. Whenever it comes, it comes..if at all. By then, ill probably be already over in Lumia land..
Well, with the takeover and Nokia bringing out that huge number of phone models like they are doing, i wonder if they will keep up with their support. In both cases, time will tell. It wasn't a best kept secret that Samsung isn't a huge fan of it's WP line of phones, but i do think they will release something. Just too bad they aren't communicating anything. But it seems as if the only OEM that currently is communicating about updating their products is Nokia, so we're not alone in that boat. (Well, technically, HTC has communicated something, but it's not something that HTC users wanted to hear i guess..)

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, with the takeover and Nokia bringing out that huge number of phone models like they are doing, i wonder if they will keep up with their support. In both cases, time will tell. It wasn't a best kept secret that Samsung isn't a huge fan of it's WP line of phones, but i do think they will release something. Just too bad they aren't communicating anything. But it seems as if the only OEM that currently is communicating about updating their products is Nokia, so we're not alone in that boat. (Well, technically, HTC has communicated something, but it's not something that HTC users wanted to hear i guess..)

HTC 8s will get the update
here is the article

Verizon HTC 8X to get Windows Phone 8.1 in late October | Windows Phone Central

no info about Sam :(

macmelilla

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to lose my patience. I'm thinking of buying a Xiaomi mi3 64 gb (290 ?). I know, it's android but it's not Samsung, and I've never spent more than 300? for a mobile.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to lose my patience. I'm thinking of buying a Xiaomi mi3 64 gb (290 €). I know, it's android but it's not Samsung, and I've never spent more than 300€ for a mobile.

what about updates for Android? Its the same situation as for Samsung Ativ S. Owners of WP have higher chances to get new updates compared to Android users. Last week Sony discontinued the support for mid-range phones after ONLY 6 months!

macmelilla

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
what about updates for Android? Its the same situation as for Samsung Ativ S. Owners of WP have higher chances to get new updates compared to Android users. Last week Sony discontinued the support for mid-range phones after ONLY 6 months!

Xiaomi builds its own android fork which is updated monthly. It's a very optimized rom. I've tried and I like it, but I chosed windows phone for its personality, so I'll wait a bit more.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't checking the topic for some days, but i found that many guys are giving up on Ativ S :( . I really hate samsung for doing this to us, and when i was buying the phone, i expected it to get at least 3 OS updates...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb