Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

miki89

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
i find this on australian forum

"after emailing the 'CEO' last night from the Samsung support page, a Auckland Samsung rep phoned me today (good service Samsung!)

He confirmed that Windows phone 8.1 is being finalised for rolling out late Sept - Mid Oct worldwide.

So not sure if that means that Spark/Vodafone/2 degrees etc will then need to do their thing or not.

Also Heard back from Spark, after emailing them yesterday however they had nothing to add to the debate "

So for sure we re getting update very soon.. :)

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
i find this on australian forum

No you found it on a New Zealand forum as designated by the .nz
http://m.geekzone.co.nz/Forums/6/Topic/150705/2
Australia uses .au

But again without a press release from Samsung I would take it all with a pinch of salt. If the update is released then I will believe it.

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
On the Samsung UK ATIV S support site Samsung rep said this 4 days ago:
Q: When will the Samsung ativ s receive the windows phone 8.1 update?
A: Hi Chris, There are currently no updates for this device. Please keep checking the website and social media pages for more updates. Thanks.

They also said this 4 weeks ago:
Q: "When is Windows Phone 8.1 rolling out for Ativ S?"
A: "Hi, I'm afraid that we do not have an exact date but the windows 8.1 will be out soon. Thank you."

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Look what thy replied when I asked about WP8.1 update for ATIV S on their UK FB support page:

Unfortunately android update release dates are dependent on a number of parties. Could you PM the model, IMEI, serial number and current software of your phone so we can look into this for you? If we could have a contact telephone number and email for our records this would also be helpful.

:grin:

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Look what thy replied when I asked about WP8.1 update for ATIV S on their UK FB support page:

:grin:

Samsung don't remember they have the WP products... :grin:
I believe that my Ativ S would be broken long before Samsung rolls out the WP8.1 in the unknown future... :winktongue: So, I don't care about the update anymore.

Jalex23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
ok, I think its the right time to say goodbye to Ativ S and switch to Lumia

Agreed.... I am have been loyal with Samsung for quite a long time now. I was willing to wait for a phablet that had 8.1. Sadly I am not willing to endure this kind of treatment again when I spend more than 500 dollars on a phone.

I just wanted to know who to blame... MS, Rogers or Samsung...

Lumia it is.

George Diaconescu

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just sold my Ativ S and ordered a Oneplus One so I guess this is goodbye... hopefully Samsung will still offer the 8.1 update, but I've waited long enough for it...

Dario Sacchi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Me too thought about switching to lumia for a better support, but the problem is that Ativ S is a damn good phone!! I could sell it for 120€ and buy a Lumia 925 for 200€, an extra 80€ to miss important features like phisical start button, removable battery, sd slot, screen size and Others, so is not a good deal! With exception of camera bug sometimes the phone is working fine also with 8.1 preview for developers, so I think I'll wait for a samsung update or resign myself to use it as it is now.......

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Me too thought about switching to lumia for a better support, but the problem is that Ativ S is a damn good phone!! I could sell it for 120€ and buy a Lumia 925 for 200€, an extra 80€ to miss important features like phisical start button, removable battery, sd slot, screen size and Others, so is not a good deal! With exception of camera bug sometimes the phone is working fine also with 8.1 preview for developers, so I think I'll wait for a samsung update or resign myself to use it as it is now.......
Good point Dario :)
Personally, I don't care if i am going to get the WP8.1 Samsung firmware or not, cuz i already go use to work with WP8 GDR3, and my ATIV S is working perfectly, just the way i want and it gets the job done. What i do or want the most from my smartphone, my ATIV S is giving me that and more. So, with or without WP8.1, i am just fine and enjoying my ATIV S every day. :)
To quote Dario: "the problem is that Ativ S is a damn good phone" :)

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

I can agree with you but the SAD truth is this: NO LTE (I8750), WP8.1 has some uncmofortable bugs.. using WP8 in a world where you can buy a Lumia 925 around 250 dollars or the new 830 for 330 is a bit dumb.

Iam thinking about Samsung Galaxy Note 4... thats a killer

EDIT: I meant EURO not dollar. In my country 925 is for 250euro, 830 will be around 330e

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I can agree with you but the SAD truth is this: NO LTE (I8750), WP8.1 has some uncmofortable bugs.. using WP8 in a world where you can buy a Lumia 925 around 250 dollars or the new 830 for 330 is a bit dumb.

Iam thinking about Samsung Galaxy Note 4... thats a killer

Nokia Lumia 830 for 330$? Then that will be under 300 in euros, Damn, now i want one too :) But not giving up on my ATIV S, I just love too much the damn phone :) but would be nice to have it along with Lumia 830 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720