Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
The biggest problem we have here is that this phone only needs little bugs to be fixed and some new features added. Even some non official developers could fix that if they had the source code. I don't see why samsung is making us wait this long and get people away.

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris, Am not aware of CSC method. Infact am 2 months new to the windows phone platform (earlier used samsung galaxy S for 4 years)
Can you plz provide me links or guidance for this CSC method? Thanks in advance.
Is it safe? I mean if samsung releases any updates by mistake ;), will our phones also get updated?
Regards,
Pavan

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone notice a new app in Samsung part of the Store? ATIV Clock, released on september 12. Maybe it's a sign that samsung didn't forget on Ativ. :)

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone notice a new app in Samsung part of the Store? ATIV Clock, released on september 12. Maybe it's a sign that samsung didn't forget on Ativ. :)

I noticed it now that you mentioned it. As for Samsung updates, they've always been the last to provide updates as far as I know. I got the 7.8 update last year sometime for my Omnia 7, while everyone else I think got it the year before.

Either way I'm not holding my breath. I've only gotten one official update from them since I've had my phone... GDR1. It's the Hong Kong version of their Ativ S. It seems to me buying an Asian Windows Phone would be a very bad idea as apparently their support is terrible. Everyone else appears to at least be at GDR3. So, y'all will probably get 8.1, doubt I'll get it this year or eva if at all. What I do know is I will buy a Canadian or European version of a phone when I get another one.

On a positive note, there's rumors Samsung is striking a new patent deal with Microsoft that will put more Samsung Windows Phones in the wild. A Note 3 variant perhaps. I can dream 😁

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris, Am not aware of CSC method. Infact am 2 months new to the windows phone platform (earlier used samsung galaxy S for 4 years)
Can you plz provide me links or guidance for this CSC method? Thanks in advance.
Is it safe? I mean if samsung releases any updates by mistake ;), will our phones also get updated?
Regards,
Pavan
Ok, I will make a step-by-step tutorial how to do that and send you in a private message, cuz this method was talked and answered and explained so many times in this forums, the only thing you needed to do is to search the forum, especially the ATIV S dedicated forums (threads). But since i have been bombarded with negative replies when i told someone to just search the forum (cuz i am sure their question has been answered) instead of just asking the question and wait for a reply, I will make an exception this time and be "the good guy", cuz i have explained this method in details in few threads including this one too, but i guess people are just too lazy to use the Search feature on this forums. Anyway, firstly what i want from you is to provide me with this informations:
- OS Version
- Firmware Revision Number
You can find this numbers in: Settings>About>More Information

miki89

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
thats means that 8.1 is on his way..cause ativ s and ativ se come with 8.0..and there is no official 8.1 for ativ se or ativ s..:)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
LOL
that app is so simple
it hurts... but nice catch. Maybe a good sign BUT you know... GDR 2 is around the corner yet Ativ S users are waiting for 8.1
:D
maybe they'll give us wp8.1 with merged gdr1 and gdr2, it might take a while till it upgrades (2 or more hours) but would be worthed :)
A man can dream, right? :)

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Not available in my region.
It's only on the US store, you 'll need to change the region to US and restart. Language does not matter.
I can't get the promised live tile with analogue or digital clock yet :-(
EDIT: new version, 1.0.0.20, now the live tile works, you can get 2 clocks on a large tile.

Last edited:

xxxneoxxx

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering tho.. Are there really no Samsung devices that already run 8.1? Newer, perhaps operator/carrier branded/exclusive phones?

Being the devils advocate: I mean, releasing apps that require 8.1 doest specifically mean current Ativ devices are getting a firmware update. It could also mean that newer devices will be released with 8.1 and Samsung is just proactively creating apps.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering tho.. Are there really no Samsung devices that already run 8.1? Newer, perhaps operator/carrier branded/exclusive phones?

Being the devils advocate: I mean, releasing apps that require 8.1 doest specifically mean current Ativ devices are getting a firmware update. It could also mean that newer devices will be released with 8.1 and Samsung is just proactively creating apps.
good point!

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
xxxneoxxx
You are right, but, if Samsung have plans to continue to sell Windows Phones, I think they wouldn't ignore current user base. Most of Ativ users are generally satisfied with phone, so they are potential buyers or they will recommend Ativ to other etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos