Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

nindzab

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
''ATIV Clock is a world clock app just for Samsung Windows Phone''.

This is description on the windows store for this app. The same situation is with ATIV camera.

Oversoul7

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
So what will everyone do after receiving the update? I plan for a hard reset and installing everything from scratch, no backup whatsoever. How about the rest?

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Chill guys. The 8.1 update will come to the Ativ S. Samsung have got a lot better with updates for Android and with WP they actually don't need to do much to get it working 100% (mine is really good anyway on the DP). The delay is due to priorities. Unfortunately WP is just not important enough to throw resources at due to the low user base.

I have enjoyed my 7 months with the Ativ S and I am hopeful about the future for WP as 8.1 is such a big improvement over 8. But my main phone is now a LG G2 and I couldn't be happier now I am "back home".

I may well keep the Ativ S as it is a good phone

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

danijel0000

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm reading about WP9 coming to all WP8 devices in January, and I'm still "stuck" on WP8.
Not that I'm complaining, my phone works like a Swiss clock, but I'd like to try something new, something wild...

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Chill guys. The 8.1 update will come to the Ativ S. Samsung have got a lot better with updates for Android and with WP they actually don't need to do much to get it working 100% (mine is really good anyway on the DP). The delay is due to priorities. Unfortunately WP is just not important enough to throw resources at due to the low user base.

I have enjoyed my 7 months with the Ativ S and I am hopeful about the future for WP as 8.1 is such a big improvement over 8. But my main phone is now a LG G2 and I couldn't be happier now I am "back home".

I may well keep the Ativ S as it is a good phone

I dont think so.
Maybe Microsoft is holding back the update because they want to gain new users for Lumia devices.
In the past Samsung and HTC devices were the first to get update (GDR2,3)

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm reading about WP9 coming to all WP8 devices in January, and I'm still "stuck" on WP8.
Not that I'm complaining, my phone works like a Swiss clock, but I'd like to try something new, something wild...

Just get the dp.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I dont think so.
Maybe Microsoft is holding back the update because they want to gain new users for Lumia devices.
In the past Samsung and HTC devices were the first to get update (GDR2,3)

My Ativ S updated to update 3 as soon as i got it, so it shows that Samsung have supported the device. I think you are reading to much into the delay though. Microsoft would not do this as it would get out and destroy any hope of spreading WP to other OEMs. I would imagine that the opposite is true, Ms putting pressure on Samsung to release the update.

But remember we want the update to WORK when it comes, I have seen a few Android updates that have wrecked phones. The 8.1 needs to be 100%.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
My Ativ S updated to update 3 as soon as i got it, so it shows that Samsung have supported the device. I think you are reading to much into the delay though. Microsoft would not do this as it would get out and destroy any hope of spreading WP to other OEMs. I would imagine that the opposite is true, Ms putting pressure on Samsung to release the update.

But remember we want the update to WORK when it comes, I have seen a few Android updates that have wrecked phones. The 8.1 needs to be 100%.

i can use only my imagination.. no official statement so...
btw: HTC was updated 1st. .. now? Waiting like Samsung users, why? Coz Microsoft is holding back the update.. but Its just my imagination. I dont care about the truth I will buy a new phone anyway. The real and only question 4 me is should I stay with WP (switch to high end Lumia not 930, something better in 2015) or move back to Android (Galaxy Note 4)??

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
i can use only my imagination.. no official statement so...
btw: HTC was updated 1st. .. now? Waiting like Samsung users, why? Coz Microsoft is holding back the update.. but Its just my imagination. I dont care about the truth I will buy a new phone anyway. The real and only question 4 me is should I stay with WP (switch to high end Lumia not 930, something better in 2015) or move back to Android (Galaxy Note 4)??

Lumia 930 definitely and i will be jealous of you for having that phone, deal? LoL.
No, seriously, get the 930 or i'll brake your neck, ok? LooooL :)
cheers mate! :)

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Go and buy Android, its the better system for you...
gEtAPaTaLkED

Look I am an absolute Android ******. I have had 8 Android phone going back to the Nexus One and now I have just bought myself a LG G2. Android is a great OS with much to recommend it. However switching to Android because of delayed updates on another platform is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Very few Android phones get timely updates. Just look how Samsung, HTC and LG have dropped perfectly capable devices. The same happened to my Galaxy Nexus.

Windows Phone is a viable option for those who love it. Before my Ativ S I was dismissive of it but now I understand why you guys on here are fans, it is smooth and the way everything fits together is something you don't get on Android.

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm the same ... just want to try something new ... updated my wife's Nokia 520 (I think it is!) to 8.1 this evening ... looks good!

javicpb

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have found one post in the site Windows Phone Brasil (19 Sep 2014):
The title is: "Samsung launches an app compatible only with its Windows Phone 8.1? But which ones?"
They are talking about the ATIV Clock. Here in Brazil we still do not have the ATIV SE, only the ATIV S. This is the best part (besides the title):
"It's kind of inconsistent from Samsung launching this app and at the same time is a good sign, because it may mean that they are preparing to officialy release the update to their models running WP8."
Just wanted to share. :wink:

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have found one post in the site Windows Phone Brasil (19 Sep 2014):
The title is: "Samsung launches an app compatible only with its Windows Phone 8.1? But which ones?"
They are talking about the ATIV Clock. Here in Brazil we still do not have the ATIV SE, only the ATIV S. This is the best part (besides the title):
"It's kind of inconsistent from Samsung launching this app and at the same time is a good sign, because it may mean that they are preparing to officialy release the update to their models running WP8."
Just wanted to share. :wink:

Hope springs eternal ...!

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Damn, and I was hoping for some sort of news this month. Seriously, my Neo would be the perfect phone for me if it gained its MMS capability back (8.1 DP screwed all apns)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo