Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
You can manually set the APN.

I'm VERY well aware of that and attempted to do that myself. The problem was not necessarily the 8.1 DP update, but if you FACTORY RESET the phone after installing the update. It wiped out internet and MMS apn (completely blank). Not a problem. I entered the internet apn, and brought interwebz back online, but all of the MMS apns refused to cooperate. Took it to my ATT store and the guy who helped me (who was a WP fanatic, awesomely enough. Used a 1520 as his in-store phone) could not get the MMS apn to work. NONE that are known to the ATT network worked at all. Checking the forums, this was actually a known problem. I'm only hoping that the official update will allow the apns to work again.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm VERY well aware of that and attempted to do that myself. The problem was not necessarily the 8.1 DP update, but if you FACTORY RESET the phone after installing the update. It wiped out internet and MMS apn (completely blank). Not a problem. I entered the internet apn, and brought interwebz back online, but all of the MMS apns refused to cooperate. Took it to my ATT store and the guy who helped me (who was a WP fanatic, awesomely enough. Used a 1520 as his in-store phone) could not get the MMS apn to work. NONE that are known to the ATT network worked at all. Checking the forums, this was actually a known problem. I'm only hoping that the official update will allow the apns to work again.

wow dont get me wrong but I sent only 1MMS in my life back in 2010 when it was announced in my country
:D

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
wow dont get me wrong but I sent only 1MMS in my life back in 2010 when it was announced in my country
:D

Yeah, last mms i send was 2009 through my back then beloved Samsung Omnia i900 (remember that phone, right? lol).
Seriously, are people still using MMS today beside all those messengers today? :) I didn't even check if mms on my ATIV S is working at all, cuz i don't use it and don't need it :)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I use mms frequently. That and the lack of Samsung firmware is what's stopping me from getting the SE. Verizon phones work with GSM radios but it's hit or miss with getting mms apns to work.

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Official 8.1 update PROBABLY spotted on a portuguese (Europe, not Brazil, so trolling chances immediately go down 99%) ATIV S:
View attachment 82163

Spotted on Windows Phone Portugal facebook group, currently trying to confirm it's not a DP version (the guy mentioned he updated through the "update my phone" option)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wp7portugal/permalink/743091775727988/?comment_id=743176615719504

Must be the update that Microsft released today for W8.1.1DP

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
maybe, if you noticed, he seems to have blacked it out... he's kind of a newbie tho, do it'd be weird if it actually was a DP... no way of checking this one out FOR SURE. The truth is that even if it's real, as usual, it'll be a ***** for the update to reach the rest of us.

No way my next phone will be a WP (i don't blame this one on samsung, it's really weird that samsung and HTC used to be the first ones, and now that MS bought nokia it's cyan this and black that).

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Official 8.1 update PROBABLY spotted on a portuguese (Europe, not Brazil, so trolling chances immediately go down 99%) ATIV S:
View attachment 82163

Spotted on Windows Phone Portugal facebook group, currently trying to confirm it's not a DP version (the guy mentioned he updated through the "update my phone" option)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wp7portugal/permalink/743091775727988/?comment_id=743176615719504

Edit 2: Appears to be non-dev preview, with german CSC (DBT or similar)

I have that CSC and nothing. Try to find out the firmware. It is all very weird

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It fixes some bugs, but the last update is mainly a preparation update for WP8.1.2 where you can expect sorted settings, toggle for data connection in the notification menu and lets hope for other new cool features.

Teodor Florin

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've updated today and I can confirm that the latest version does fix the camera issue in ativ s. Here's a screenshot with the version I have.
proof.png

LATER EDIT: Sorry, after restarting my phone the bugs are still there.
Only some performance improvements, that's it!

Last edited:

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Wow, you are right, it looks like the camera is working now after the latest DP update!

EDIT: Nope, the bugs are still there, should have tested more before making such a claim.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss